Mattel 6" Batman Line

THEONLYONE749954

IM NEW TO THIS SITE, BUT I PICKED UP THE LATEST TOYFARE AND SAW THE DESIGNS FOR THE NEW MATTEL 6" SERIES BATMAN LINE, I LOVE TO SEE DIFFERENT COMPANIES TAKE ON DC CHARACTERS, BUT IN MY OPINION WITH THE HORSEMEN BEHIND THIS LINE AND WITH INCREASING POSEBILITY THIS LINE COULD BE BETTER THAN MARVEL LEGENDS, MARVEL LEGENDS DOES'NT HAVE THE KIND OF SCULPTORS TO RIVAL THE HORSEMEN, DOES ANYONE PLAN TO BUY THESE WHEN THEIR RELEASED IN THE STATES.

Toggle off the all-caps please.

The new line will live or die on its own merits. Mattel's been stumbling out of the gate with their boys toys lines of late, and this one could be the same.

Its really aiming for the same kind of market as Marvel Legends--and that's been a bit of a abberation as far as a toy-line goes.

Imo, they'd complement each other quite well--I'm planning on getting some when they show.

Mattel's problems have always been packouts. It killed He-Man, it killed Batman 6 inch, and it was what likely got Justice League booted out of Walmart.

The 3-2-2-1 packout is decent. It sucks for whoever the 1 is though. Looks like for the first wave it's Killer Croc, no biggie, but the second 1 is Doomsday. I can see that making him really rare, though I bet he's ugly enough that your average joe parent won't buy him on a whim.

If Mattel made a 6" comic rendititon of the JLA, with 18 points of articulation per character, do u think it would sell well with kids without a cartoon to back it, could u imagine a four horsemen flash, and hal jordan, or aquaman, it would be an incredible line that I think would seriously out sell marvel legends.

I agree. I think it could be like an updated Super Powers or Total Justice style line. If this is done right, there are enough characters to fill the pegs and with the sculpting of the 4 Horsemen, I really think this line could be a success.

Arch

The figures in this series have a lot of potential. Like most I am worried about the case pack outs. I liked seeing the Supergirl figure in there, but since it's a female character there is a high potential that she will get short packed.

It's nice to see that they already have pictures posted for 4 heroes and 5 villains, it makes me feel hopeful that Mattel will have a more balanced line-up. Granted, two of those villains appeared in the Batman line, but at least now they will be available at retail in the US.

Oh, and yes I will be buying these as soon as I see them or pre-ordering them through my comic shop. I won't say they will be better than Marvel Legends, but I will be more inclined to buy them simply because it's the first time we are seeing these characters in a 6" highly articulated rendition. Whereas Marvel Legends are now producing their 5th Iron Man (6th if you count War Machine), their 6th Wolverine and I don't even want to think about the number of Spider-Mans (Spider-Men?).

What was shown in the most recent Toyfar was a colored 2-up of Doomsday and Supergirl, and a headshot of the new Croc (awesome by the way!).

I can't wait for this line to hit. I am going to get every single figure announced so far. I just can't get into Marvel Legends because the sculpts go to sh!t with all that articulation. This line has great potential, depending on licensing issues. Even if Mattel can't expand on the DC Universe, there should be plenty of Batman villains for the 4H to do in their own style. Let's hope we will see some JL figures within the next year, though.

I loved the original 6in Line i still have them displayed on my computer desk...

i cannot wait for the new line to come out...I'll be buying them all as far as case pack outs go that is one of Mattels problems...

I'm hoping this line does extremely well. If it does it will only make TB make better ML figures and will make DCD get off their arses and make better figures and get them out on time.

The only concern is Mattel. Will they screw up this line like He-Man or not? Only time wil tell.

Anyone recognizing my moniker knows I'm dying for this line. Mattel has fixed what sunk their previous lines and needs a boy's action figure hit. They are doing it right and to the best of my knowledge will buy the master DC license as long as these initial waves sell well, so buy 'em up! I think it will be a hit as long as they keep up what they have planned now and can expanc into the DCU in 2007. Getting the rest of the DCU for 2007 will be the critical factor for this line to sell. IT will be so cool to have a JLA/Avengers battle...

I hope it does, I plan on getting Superman and Doomsday, I thinl that besides any Alex Ross Supes this is the best, thats why I have been waiting for about five years to get a superman figure.

I can't wait for this line. I hope it sticks around! I will support it as long as it was as high quality as it was with Batman (minus the variations of Bats of course).

It really is Mattel's plan on whether the line with survive or not. Although I'm really concerned that the line would die within a years since its only going to be Batman and Superman. Batman Comic line almost died because of the variants, but how many variants can one do for Superman? You can do a few variants of Batman, but they would get old real quick. Which is what happened the first time.

The line would survice if they also did other heroes. Have a Batman Superman in each wave, but throw in a Wonder Woman, Flash, GL along with some other villian. Toybiz is doing great with Marvel Legends. Why can't Mattel do the same.

thats right brotha and im proud to say i have a complete batman collection...neon pink and green fuzzy dice batman and all! and you know what im gonna have all the comic accurate stuff as well! Why? well simple if no onw buys the neon variants they would probly stop making the toys all together but either way i like MY collection and I will continue to buy what i want!