Wave 3 Dtc Pics From Ebay Auction

Operator7G

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

monkeywrench is too cool, but that med alert looks like the x-wing pilot luke skywalker to me...

On a Star Wars note, I think Monkey Wrench looks like an Obi-Wan head.

on a Star Wars note, Monkeywrench looks like Bespin Leia with that gown on.

it's not a trenchcoat, it's a damn Dreadnok nightgown. nice going, Hasbro. obvious all the money is going to Sigma 6 when you can't even produce sleeves for a trenchcoat for a 3 3/4" tall figure figure with 1 1/2" arms.

everything looks good to me. Im pretty sure Monkey wrench has a new head, as he dosnt have dreads in the card art, and it just dosnt look the same to me. But I may be wrong about that, still looks awsome to me though. They gave Low Light the VvV wave 7 Snake Eyes arms. Thats pretty cool, I just hope his hands can actually hold things now. Saw Viper looks good, Im just not impressed with it that much. I love the Cobra Trooper though. I always liked that body mold, and thought they would have used it for a basic trooper sooner than this. I dont see why Grand Slam has the grenade belt, but its removable so no big deal. ANd Med ALerts head should have been used for Main Frame, but I still liek it here. He looks like a medic should look. Except fo rthe big high tech helmet. I liek it, but I wish there was more new sculpt stuff here.

However, it doesn't appear we are getting ANY new molds this time around which sucks or even any new parts (granted that is hard to tell with such tiny pictures).

I think the new molds are probably done. they probably only had so much in actual production before deciding to pull the plug on the line, which has already been released (save for armored CC).

either that, or Hasbro simply doesn't want to release all the new (and good) figs too soon in hopes of stretching out the line for a while, so they are filling in the waves with crap like this.

I think with the seemingly mostly positive response to the DTC offerings so far Hasbro felt that straight repaints were the way to go. but there is a huge drop in quality and imagination that changed Blackout to Major Bludd and Swamp Rat to Rock Viper to what we are getting here, which just seems slapped together. and I'll be the first to admit how much of a DTC heralder I have been...until this.

I dunno. They kept claiming this was an "experiment" didn't they? So why didn't they gauge fan reactions from waves 1 and 2 better than this?

That is what I am wondering, I am thinking these waves that we have seen were already in pre production close to a year ago (perhaps). They said at the roundtable they were looking to see if they could add coming soon pics (kind of, tell us what you think) and they were going to post them on a form of some sort on the website. As we have seen the fan choice was a while ago (DD comic) and they are going to barely be putting out that pack in Jan 2006. I am wondering how many waves they already had ready- I am thinking 4 waves.

The cobra trooper also seems to be the one figure that I can live with the wave 3 set (2 of them). All the others are cool and I agree that Medi Alert looks like both hardtop (tiger force) as well as x wing pilot, I am not sure what the team was thinking. I do however applaud the team for Saw viper, Lowlight and Monkeywrench.

Ouch..

They blew it with the Cobra Trooper. I can't belive it. Well actually I can. I'm really dissapointed. REALLY. They could have made a fortune. Oh well too bad for them. How cheap can they be? Is there budget that bad? Don't get me wrong, Ghost Bear is one of my fav Cobra agent characters. He has a great mold, but I (presently that is :P )

refuse to use him as the Cobra Blue Shirt Trooper. No way.

As for the rest..they don't look too bad. But going back to the budget, no creativity at all. Just take an old fig are repaint it= "the new SAW VIPER, MedAlert or Lifeline, etc" . Puuhleaase. Getting a little out of hand maybe?

That Burnout isn't even that great a mold IMO. I was hoping to get a cool new version to maybe use for a Buzzer custom since we prob won't see that one for another 4 years if we're lucky. Geez.

I'll stop bashing. I guess I'm a tuff crowd is all and obviously pretty dissapointed.

They'd better not muck up and hault production of the Cover Girl pack and new Cobra Commander.

Uhmm...well.......yeah.....that's about all I get from this. I'm kind of disappointed. You can do BETTER than this Hasbro! This is the time to take a cue from all those customizers around and you still don't seem to 'get a clue' when frankensteining figures.

Cobra Trooper- Its been said....a HUGE missed opportunity here.Figure just doesn't click all that well and that helmet looks goofy.It's not bad,I do kind of like him,but the helmet just really throws things off.I hope they improve it.

Grand Slam- Okay,this one I like.Good job here Hasbro. He looks real good and it's no surprise to me that they used the Bazooka body for him.

Lowlight- Probably one of the best of the bunch along with Grand Slam, I am worried that he's going to have some weird proportions thanks to the use of the Torpedo body. They also recycled Black Out's googles too I see. I like him though.Nice looking sniper rifle.

Med Alert- "RED 5 GOING IN!" LOLOL he looks like a X-Wing Pilot from Star Wars!LOL. Though you can tell the obvious medic colors for this guy, the helmet is goofy. Is this the attempt to replicate Lifeline in a new form or something?Eh....not looking forward to him.

Monkeywrench- *sigh* howabout a new Buzzer first? This looks like the Wild Bill VvV head (with new hair?) and Burnout's body....he looks.....kind of lame. The figure art is awesome! If this was a new mold, he's be fantastic.

SAW Viper- Not bad,I kind of like him.But the helmet should've been meaner looking.I'll reserve further judgement once I see clearer pics.

I'm a little more excited about the character assortment in DTC Wave 3. But disappointed in some of the results....still could've done much better and how about giving us some new molds again?

Uhmm...well.......yeah.....that's about all I get from this. I'm kind of disappointed. You can do BETTER than this Hasbro! This is the time to take a cue from all those customizers around and you still don't seem to 'get a clue' when frankensteining figures.

Cobra Trooper- Its been said....a HUGE missed opportunity here.Figure just doesn't click all that well and that helmet looks goofy.It's not bad,I do kind of like him,but the helmet just really throws things off.I hope they improve it.

Grand Slam- Okay,this one I like.Good job here Hasbro. He looks real good and it's no surprise to me that they used the Bazooka body for him.

Lowlight- Probably one of the best of the bunch along with Grand Slam, I am worried that he's going to have some weird proportions thanks to the use of the Torpedo body. They also recycled Black Out's googles too I see. I like him though.Nice looking sniper rifle.

Med Alert- "RED 5 GOING IN!" LOLOL he looks like a X-Wing Pilot from Star Wars!LOL. Though you can tell the obvious medic colors for this guy, the helmet is goofy. Is this the attempt to replicate Lifeline in a new form or something?Eh....not looking forward to him.

Monkeywrench- *sigh* howabout a new Buzzer first? This looks like the Wild Bill VvV head (with new hair?) and Burnout's body....he looks.....kind of lame. The figure art is awesome! If this was a new mold, he's be fantastic.

SAW Viper- Not bad,I kind of like him.But the helmet should've been meaner looking.I'll reserve further judgement once I see clearer pics.

I'm a little more excited about the character assortment in DTC Wave 3. But disappointed in some of the results....still could've done much better and how about giving us some new molds again?

Well said! AND i def agree..the card art is awesome! Keep those artists on the payroll. As for the production creativity folks..."Jetson, you're fired!"

LOL.

I really like what hasbro is doing with this wave, except for the cobra trooper he's a little bit of a downer.

The Lowlight is awsome though, I'm really looking forward to him. Anyway now that I've seen the cobra trooper I think I'll pick up an extra 6 Range Vipers

I`m acually happy with this wave. The only figure mold that I have from this wave is Bazooka so this works for me. Med Alert will be Lifeline and I agree that the soldier could have been better but he isn`t that bad. I was never a big fan of Low Light or any of the Dreadnoks but I`m fine with these. Many will be custom fodder but then again most of my figures become that anyway.

I am very dissappointed with this wave. I was really looking forward to Grand Slam and the Cobra Trooper. They are easily the two worst figures in this wave. Of all the bodies to use for a Cobra troop, why Ghost Bear's tight bodysuit look? They could have recycled Spytroops Beachhead with new arms and that would have been better than this.

Grand Slam needs red thigh pads and funky stirrup boots (gators?), not a yellow grenade belt and camo that makes the red chest stand out.

I am okay w/ Med Alert's color but he does look very much like TF Hardtop.

Lowlight is okay but nothing great.

Never a big fan of SAW Viper but at least he's not all purple.

Monkeywrend might be the nicest of the bunch, even with a sleeveless trnchcoat.

With a little work, most of these figs can be fixed. Which is what I will proabably do.

I think the new molds are probably done. they probably only had so much in actual production before deciding to pull the plug on the line, which has already been released (save for armored CC).

I think with the seemingly mostly positive response to the DTC offerings so far Hasbro felt that straight repaints were the way to go. but there is a huge drop in quality and imagination that changed Blackout to Major Bludd and Swamp Rat to Rock Viper to what we are getting here, which just seems slapped together. and I'll be the first to admit how much of a DTC heralder I have been...until this.

There is also the possibility that the other new molds they have are for characters like Duke, Scarlett, Heavy Duty, Zartan and the aformentioned Cobra Commander.

You know, the characters "nobody wants"

Personally, I do think it is a bit premature to judge these QUITE as harshly as some have, but I do see where some the of complaints are coming from. However, it seems that while the figures might seem "cheaper", did you guys look at the accessories? As best I can tell, most have at least one if not more new accessories.

I am not feeling Monkeywrench, though. I'll probably get Med for a Joe medic, but I am dissappointed in the lack of medical accessories like a med kit.

But Monkeywrench just isn't clicking right now.

I definately feel Low-Light and SAW Viper are the top of the wave, with Cobra Infantry and Grandslam falling just below. Med Alert and Monkeywrench really aren't clicking with me.

As they say, can't win them all, but I will continue to argue Hasbro isn't doing that bad a job. Even being mostly repaints, they still managed to get some nice new accessories and parts in there.

yeah, im definitly not digging this wave. the SAW viper and grand slam are the only 2 im thinking about getting. what comic packs are coming with this wave? i know the one with cover girl, spirit, and hannibal (i think thats his name), but any classic comic sets?

@hmmm@ *Looks at Sigma Six dolls*

@hmmm@ *Looks at the DTC wave 3 Joes*

@hmmm@ *Looks at Sigma Six dolls*

"WAVE 3 IS AWWWWWESOME BABY!!" @bounce@

Upon taking a good long second look, I have these things to say:

Cobra Trooper: Will probably look much better with a good backpack and helmet placement tinkering. Wish the helmet walonger like the card art, or at least hope it can be set so that it isn't sticking way out to the sides like that.

Grand Slam: Get those yellow grenades out of there, and that figure looks really sweet to me. Will get two, one to harvest a silver torso out of.

Low Light: Not bad, looks kinda squat, like a dwarf. I like recent customs with Frostbite's head more. Good homage, though, and no bright yellow afro...

Med Alert: Now here's where I take a stand. Ok, well, at the very least I disagree with most o' you. I think that figure looks great. I'll probably do...something with the helmet, but the colors really suit the mold imo. Then again, I was so put off by Hard Drive's mind boggling sloppy paint scheme maybe it it's just overcompensation. Either way I love it.

Monkeywrench: Just not into this one at all. I see what they were going for but A.) It didn't work and B.) that's just not Monkeywrench.

SAW Viper. Hmm. Tough to tell. I don't know. Body looks neat in those colors, but can't get a bead on the helmet. Lame? Not lame? Time will tell. Will use the body at any rate.

Overall, less inspired, less frankensteining, but we've gotten alot of figures in a small time frame, if this is a "filler wave" or whatnot I'll take it with a smile. Hope to see more creativity on the next, but gimme Grand Slam and Med Alert!

Just a couple of quick thoughts . . .

Monkeywrench Trenchcoat=Sigma 6 Longrange LBC

Cobra Trooper . . . nope . . . Cobra Pulverizer pilot for all of those extra Pulverizers people scored for their army building

The thought had briefly crossed my mind that Monkeywrench might have originally been Machette . . . only because in Sigma 6 Machette wears a trenhcoat AND Machette was on the fabled Amazon list

I totally agree with cobra sabatour, that is why I am staying with the comic packs. Love the night watch and comic pack cobras. I am not a big fan of the DTC line. I think I like five figures,

Major bludd

snow serpent

range viper

scalpal

and low light

You mean Medi-Viper. Scalpel hasn't been part of the DTC line.

OmegaHarbinger

I think everyone is a little disappointed and everyone had different images in their own head at what these characters should look like.

To be honest i will not get any of these but, after a hard look I agree with most of the comments. If one looks past the molds and focuses on the figures it's not so bad.

Low Light - Dead on, exactly as I imagined. A + figure

Med Alert - Probably would be better in military fatigues, but whatever, a new character and I had no initial thoughts. Decent as well

MonkeyWrench - If you like dreadnocks you will probably like this figure. Decent figure second to third best

Grandslam - good figure, shame on hasbro yellow grenades, need to be painted over. terrible - Overall second to third best

Saw Viper - A little more modern and realistic colour scheme than the burgandy purple original. Better weapon as well - decent figure

Cobra trooper - Horrible figure, just garbage. This is the figure a lot fo people were waiting for and really brings down the set. Garbage, holds nothing on night watch or the original 82 figure. terrible logo placement and too beefy. If this figure was awesome than the set would probably be better received. I will definately not buy this one worst figure in all three waves.