Wave 3 Dtc Pics From Ebay Auction

Operator7G

Hopefully not a repost . . . here is a link to an Ebay auction I just found for Wave 3 DTC: http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-ARAH-2005-SET-O...1QQcmdZViewItem

While I am at a question . . . Is it preferred forum etiquette to break news of this sort into its own thread or should I have posted it under the "Wave 3 Dtc" thread?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it preferred forum etiquette to break news of this sort into its own thread or should I have posted it under the "Wave 3 Dtc" thread?

this is fine. something like the first pics of something deserves its own thread. ;)

Nope this sounds fine. There has been a lot of speculation about the parts used to make several of these guys, and it seems that most of them were on the money. Not sure how I feel about Hard Drive as a Medic, but I'll wait and see, and the Bazooka as Grand Slam is just kind of a cop-out I think.

the only new one is Monkey Wrenc

Looks to me like what we can see of Monkeywrench uses a lot of Burn Out parts. Though, the race change makes it tougher to tell. It doesn't look like there's a fully or mostly new sculpt figure in this wave at all. Wonder what that means?

not sure . and i think your right about that being burn out. hard to tell.the ? i have is how did he get pics before hasbro?

I'm really disappointed in this wave. The army builders dont look that great, and the others are just so so. Just my own opinion though, i'm sure a lot of pple will be happy with these. Plus, saw vipers arent that sought after on the ebay market, you can just about army build the originals for that price. And why would anyone buy 6 of the cobra troopers for 40 bucks here when they could get a 6 pack of cobra troopers on ebay for that moc? Maybe i'm just putting too much thought into this? lmk

-saboteur

It is interesting that they used rollbar's mold for the saw viper.... opps I like monkey wrench too. WOW this is a pretty cool set I will get some of the troops but I still am holding out for a new night viper.

CS-Ghost Bear figure w/ VvV Beachhead head

GS-Bazooka body, VvV Dusty bandolier, Blackout head (I hope not)?

LL-Torpedo head, Blackout goggles, Depth Charge chest ?, Airborne arms, Torpedo for the rest

MA-Hard Drive body, new head, looks like a Major Storm helmet, but surely not!

MW-VvV Wild Bill head, Burnout body new coat

SV-new head & helmet, Rollbar v2 body

Truthfully, they all seem kind of bland to me. I'll get them I'm sure, but they didn't use a ton of imagination this time around.

Oh, and your welcome.

Looks good...here are my thoughts though.....

Saw Viper: Kick Ass!.. Way to use the Rollabar mold...it really fits it.

Cobra Solider: Looks like they dropped the ball on this one....the blue looks to be too bright and the helmet doesnt look right. Maybe the baclava should have been black or red. How they messed this one up I have no idea...since we got such a kick ass 6 pack earlier.

GrandSlam: Looks ok, but they missed a perfect opportunity to paint him in his better know silver pads and throw a jetpack in there.

LowLight: Perfect...I was hoping they would use the Torpedo mold for him and they came through. Looks like he has different arms though.

MedAlert: Eh..... thats all I have to say about that. Actually no that not all I have to say...When I see him I see Mainframe....why they didnt make him I dont know.

MonkeyWrench: cant really see him that good. It does look like his coat has holes in it so u can slide the two shotguns through them...that would be cool. Somewhat good use of the Burnout mold

I am glad to see these , to me all but the Cobra Soldier look nice :( . But I really wich they would have done alittle more frankenstining, rather than whole repaints. For example that cobra soldier torso would look alot better as a coil, or claws torso or even JvC Beachead torso. Grand Slam could have used Switch gears legs to get the leg pads, ect. So while I am glad to still be getting new stuff, this wave is pretty unimaginative and I fear that the remaining waves will not fare much better. :(

CS-Ghost Bear figure w/ VvV Beachhead head

GS-Bazooka body, VvV Dusty bandolier, Blackout head (I hope not)?

LL-Torpedo head, Blackout goggles, Depth Charge chest, Airborne arms, Torpedo for the rest

MA-Hard Drive body, new head, looks like a Major Storm helmet, but surely not!

MW-VvV Wild Bill head, Burnout body new coat

SV-new head & helmet, Rollbar v2 body

Truthfully, they all seem kind of bland to me. I'll get them I'm sure, but they didn't use a ton of imagination this time around.

Oh, and your welcome.

I dont know Al...all the heads looks to be new to me......usually Hasbro only has one old head in there....like Footloose./Shipwreck. That Lowlight head looks a little different then Torpedoes and the goggles look molded on.

You may be right Zod, but the head from the Lowlight looks exactly like the BTR version of that Torpedo. And if that Monkeywrench shown in the pics isn' t that crappy VvV Wild Bill head, well...I'll be really happy.