Marvel Legends: Wal-mart Exclusives

Degato

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are 2 BAF's, I would love it if one was Henry Pym Goliath, and the other was Bill Foster Giant-Man (he recently just made an appearance in Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man #2 with a new design).

That would leave Antman to be Scott Lang, who has worn (unless I've mistaken) at least 2 main costumes, which is perfect for the variants:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals.../a/antmanii.htm

http://www.avengersforever.org/characters/...ters.asp?cID=54

This would also leave a regular-sized Henry Pym figure in the future to be possibly Yellow Jacket.

Actually though, IMHO BAF Atlas would be even better, but the Thunderbolts never get any love:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/atlas.htm

Ditto on Atlas...

As for the doubters, take the UPC's codes from those stickers, take them to a WM and ask an associate to pull them up and they WILL come up with the names on the tags in the system.

As to whether ToyBiz makes the release date is another story, but the assortment is planned, it is real and it is set to release. Being 6 months out, there is still time to change but usually, if WM goes to the trouble of setting something up in their system (which isn't easily done) that means they intend to carry it.

If there are 2 BAF's, I would love it if one was Henry Pym Goliath, and the other was Bill Foster Giant-Man (he recently just made an appearance in Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man #2 with a new design).

That would leave Antman to be Scott Lang, who has worn (unless I've mistaken) at least 2 main costumes, which is perfect for the variants:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals.../a/antmanii.htm

http://www.avengersforever.org/characters/...ters.asp?cID=54

This would also leave a regular-sized Henry Pym figure in the future to be possibly Yellow Jacket.

Actually though, IMHO BAF Atlas would be even better, but the Thunderbolts never get any love:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/atlas.htm

Although I agree with you in wanting a Scott Lang Ant-Man, I think that second costume would be too tough to do as a simple repaint/headswap, as tends to be the case with variants. Sentry is likely to just be long-haired/short-haired versions, so why would they spend more time than that with an Ant-Man variant?

What I'm thinking is that they might do a Hank Pym Ant-Man, and then, since he really only had the one costume, they might do Scott Lang in the modified version he wore after Heroes for Hire...

http://members.fortunecity.com/dm_bishop2/...vel/antman.html

Aside from color placement, the wrist bracers and closed mouth are the only real difference. Personally, I do like the second costume you put up best, but I think this one is the most likely.

Of course, they could also cheat and just make both of them the same costume, with a removable helmet, then put a different "civilian" head under each one... While a horrible thought, that one is also likely.

captain britain seems more associated with the mutants than other heroes, am i wrong?

It's believed by some that he may be a mutant like his sister and brother, though I don't think that's been revealed or not yet. He's usually around a lot of mutants having been a longrunning, founding member of Excalibur. When he started out he wasn't involved in too many mutant storylines at all.

If they do him, I hope the figure is actually of a decent mass, since he was always portrayed as having a pretty large amount of muscle on a tall-ish frame. The 5" figure ended up being a joke.

http://www.marveltoys.net/person.php?chara...7&page=1&v=1031

The funny thing is, they could have based it off the Hercules body they made into Moon Knight, and use the Archangel body or even a Spidey-like thin body for Moon Knight and both would have been the right size. As it is they messed up BOTH figures but good.

http://www.marveltoys.net/person.php?chara...8&page=1&v=1031

As for the doubters, take the UPC's codes from those stickers, take them to a WM and ask an associate to pull them up and they WILL come up with the names on the tags in the system.

As to whether ToyBiz makes the release date is another story, but the assortment is planned, it is real and it is set to release. Being 6 months out, there is still time to change but usually, if WM goes to the trouble of setting something up in their system (which isn't easily done) that means they intend to carry it.

I actually did that and the guy at wal-mart said it comes up in the computer as Hong Kong toy center and he said their were 21 in stock. I don't know what that means and he didn't either but the figures names did not come up in the system with those upc numbers.

I don't know if this list is legit or not but i don't consider it confirmed by any stretch of the means.

Who is Captain Britain and what are his powers, is he like Captain America?

no, he would kick Captain America's butt

i like captain britian, but not a chance in hell. As for his powers they are primairly magical in nature, connected to merlin and such.

As to whether ToyBiz makes the release date is another story, but the assortment is planned, it is real and it is set to release.  Being 6 months out, there is still time to change but usually, if WM goes to the trouble of setting something up in their system (which isn't easily done) that means they intend to carry it.

I actually did that and the guy at wal-mart said it comes up in the computer as Hong Kong toy center and he said their were 21 in stock. I don't know what that means and he didn't either but the figures names did not come up in the system with those upc numbers.

I don't know if this list is legit or not but i don't consider it confirmed by any stretch of the means.

Well, I really hope this is true! I might get them with the help of JJlecaros! :P

JOhnny

my walmarts open 24hrs so ill just sit next to the pallet till they got to them

I'd say the Canadian & European folks need to FLOOD the ASDA & WM Canada customer service with requests that they get these as well. Email the customer service and put something like "Attn: Male Action Toy Buyer" and they should forward it to the purchasing dept. I'd say something of this magnitude will be in all 3 but you never know.

Damn, look what happens when you don't check a thread every day. Interesting list of figures. I could do without the AOA figures, and maybe the variants depnding on what they look like. I would like another BAF, but i really want Kitty to come with Lockheed.

Even with JJ's help[, I plan to camp out at Wal Mart. Hey, I could get some and that leaves them availible for someone else. Win/Win.

NO DON'T TAKE ME OFF THE LIST JJ!

I'd say the Canadian & European folks need to FLOOD the ASDA & WM Canada customer service with requests that they get these as well. Email the customer service and put something like "Attn: Male Action Toy Buyer" and they should forward it to the purchasing dept. I'd say something of this magnitude will be in all 3 but you never know.

Would I be able to find out if I went to ASDA with the UPC codes?

waitaminute - i've been outta the loop! so this is totally confirmed?? WM exclusive ORIGINAL figures?? dammit. can't say i'm happy about that... i really wanted Sentry, Antman and Capt Britain too...

No, it's not confirmed. It's about as close as it can get without actually being confirmed, but no word has been handed down from either company that officially confirms any assortment.

There is confirmation that there is going to be a Wal-Mart exclusive wave. There is information on the general release date. There are peg UPCs in Wal-Mart's computer that don't match any known ML figures for the next year, so there is a list of what MIGHT be in the wave, but again, no actual confirmation from Wal-Mart or Toy Biz.