Marvel Legends: Wal-mart Exclusives

Degato

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I can't wait for pix of these figures. It's still strange that these many new figures would be an exclusive assourment. Either way, I'm happy to get more figures. The Juggernaut is probably the gray repaint we saw earlier this year. I wonder if Thor is a reissue or if it a resculpted varient. Maybe they are releasing a bearded Thor.

Do we know when this assortment is being released?

No way... That can't be the list! Walmart wouldn't pick up a line that has names other than Wolverine, Spider-man etc. What are they thinking? Looks like its another step towards MLs demise at Wal-marts!

Your joking? These are some the best line ups to come along, the kids aren't going to have a chance with these. The collectors are gonna go mad. There is some major fanboy candy on that list.

No way... That can't be the list! Walmart wouldn't pick up a line that has names other than Wolverine, Spider-man etc. What are they thinking? Looks like its another step towards MLs demise at Wal-marts!

Your joking? These are some the best line ups to come along, the kids aren't going to have a chance with these. The collectors are gonna go mad. There is some major fanboy candy on that list.

Nonono... Just an observation.

I don't think Wal-marts are exactly targetting us "collectors"...

If you were making the shots there, you'd probably target the mothers' tastes. I don't think too many parents know about those characters. And if they don't know em, why would they buy em?

To us, of course they are awesome! But not to the general, casual shopper at Wal-mart!

With Toybiz coming out with a ton of new lines as well as continuing on with our old favorites, I find this very hard to believe. Not to mention the fact that they are already having production problems, this exclusive line up could only hurt them. I think the best of cases are about all you could expect as an exlcusive.

I hate to keep quoting what people are saying over a fwoosh but, this is yet another quote from Rob (owner of rtm) that suggests that it's an assortment and not just one exclusive:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is so much misinformation on the 'Best of' set that it is funny. That series was not designed as a Wal-Mart exclusive. Here's the deal on that.

Originally, Wal-Mart passed on ML because it was an unsupported line (didn't have a movie or tv show with marketing). However, it sold well at other chains and so they wanted in on the action. They went to Toy Biz and TB created the 'Best Of' assortment which is a mix of the first few waves and included additional variants.

This was done for Wal-Mart but these cases were available to be ordered by other retailers. So eventually they did, which is why it showed up at Target and KB and wherever you may have found it. It wasn't designed as a Wal-Mart exclusive, but Wal-Mart is so big that TB would make a special assortment to meet their needs.

The Wal-Mart figure assortment you are all talking about right now is designed as a Wal-Mart exclusive assortment. It should only be available at Wal-Mart (at least until local shops grab them up and resell them). So it shouldn't show up anywhere else but Wal-Mart (though it is always possible that later TB may open the assortment for others).

I understand this was a request by Wal-Mart and not done as a thank you to them by TB.

I'm not commenting on the list of figures beyond that some I had not heard of, and some I had previously (though I don't know the complete line-up). It does have a BAF in the assortment, so look out for it.

All these characters...I can't keep track.

So basically, in 2006 between ML, ML WM excl, Spidey Classic, FF Classic, box sets, and the two-packs, we are getting every remaining Marvel character.

I just wish they wouldn't do Wal-Mart exclusives, because I hate to patronize Wal Mart.

What's with all the Wal-Mart hate? Half (or more) of my collection would never have been found without them!

Personally I hate it, because I don't have a walmart in my country, same goes to people from other countries except for Canada and the US, I believe.

JOhnny @grumpy@

What's with all the Wal-Mart hate? Half (or more) of my collection would never have been found without them!

Personally I hate it, because I don't have a walmart in my country, same goes to people from other countries except for Canada and the US, I believe.

JOhnny @grumpy@

you you hate everyone but @can@ & @usa@ ?..

JOhnny @grumpy@

Actually they have Wal-marts in China now bro lol

And it plans to open up some more in Japan ;)

... not to rub it in or anything... LOL @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@

Apparently over at the fwoosh it also says that two other characters are also in the assortment, Warbird/Ms. Marvel and Havok. That rounds the assortment out to a nice 12, which means either 1 a case or 2 waves of 6. Dayum, either way i'm stoked!

that makes it sound nearly impossible.. that wave would be the most expensive one to produce yet.

JOhnny @grumpy@

dont forget in italy also @smilepunch@

JOhnny @grumpy@

MAN! @hmmm@ @hmmm@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@ .

JOhnny

it might be the most expensive wave but there have been cancelled products that may have allowed the budget to grow in other areas such as....MARVEL LEGENDS.....plus the demand for this product is there....they just have to keep quality up b/c 10-11 might have almost done them in....its almost logical as to why you are seeing 12 pop up already and 11 is still "delayed"...they know that it is a "lackluster"wave without the Witch....sales would definately slump a lil....but now that 12 is popping up....it makes 11 more desireable to get and creates a stronger demand for this wave....which will sale now because customers will want to get 12 aswell as 11....but thats just my 2 cents...

JOhnny @grumpy@

MAN! @hmmm@ @hmmm@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@ .

JOhnny

LOL

I'd say thats a sign to move! @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@