Key Words You Use On Ebay

Crimson Twins

So, today I'm searching for Joes on eBay at work. I start searching, and I find that somethings that were in my other more specific searches weren't covered in the general "G.I. Joe" search even though G.I. Joe was in the item description. It got me to thinking. What do other people use to search for Joe stuff on the Bay? I always see people winning these awesome auctions for mere pennies, and I catch myself thinking 'How did I miss that?' So I was wondering if there were some secrets out there.

Not to sound like an ass, but if people had key search terms that turned up unnoticed "gems" why on earth would they post them on a message board and invite competition?

It doesn't have to be for the gems. I'm looking mostly for more generic terms to use. And a little competition never hurt anyone. @hmmm@

Not to sound like an ass, but if people had key search terms that turned up unnoticed "gems" why on earth would they post them on a message board and invite competition?

Same thing I was thinking. LOL :D

Actually, I don't type in "G.I. Joe" fully like that. I'll usually type something like "Joe Cobra" or "VvV".

Or the character name if I'm looking for a particular one. :)

There are several that I use, that helps out some. Some are common sense, others not so much so:

Estrela

Plastirama

Brazil

Argentina

Funskool

Exclusive

Prototype

preproduction

S Mart Ash (man, do I need that 3 3/4 inch S-Mart Ash)

Super Hero Showdown

Beserker Wolverine (man, did this one pay off)

custom

100% (always like complete figures on the cheap)

Night Force

Hive Viper

Alyosha (hey, I know this guy)

JoeRhyno

ElrodtheAlbino

There are more, but try using a specific word (only one) and search the right category. I usually go to toys & hobbies: gijoe: 3 3/4: 1980 to now . Then type in the keyword, then search titles and descriptions. Good Luck with whatever your hunting!

Um, eBay's the world's biggest auction site. You want to find good deals, do your own leg work. I'm all for helping folks out, but I draw the line at paying more money for stuff then I have to. If you can afford to drop a lot more money for things than normal, good for you. Me, I'm cheap. :P

I sometimes use:

gi joe (and search all categories),

joe cobra,

joe moc,

job mib,

85 joe,

82 joe,

and sometimes character and vehicle names

There are several that I use, that helps out some. Some are common sense, others not so much so:

Estrela

Plastirama

Brazil

Argentina

Funskool

Exclusive

Prototype

preproduction

S Mart Ash (man, do I need that 3 3/4 inch S-Mart Ash)

Super Hero Showdown

Beserker Wolverine (man, did this one pay off)

custom

100% (always like complete figures on the cheap)

Night Force

Hive Viper

Alyosha (hey, I know this guy)

JoeRhyno

ElrodtheAlbino

There are more, but try using a specific word (only one) and search the right category. I usually go to toys & hobbies: gijoe: 3 3/4: 1980 to now . Then type in the keyword, then search titles and descriptions. Good Luck with whatever your hunting!

Thanks a bunch. Some of these will be really helpful.

And just for clarification, I'm not trying to steal any gems from anyone. I'm just looking some more general ideas. It's funny I hear everyone mention "joe cobra" because I had just used that for the first time the other day. In fact, the results of that search is what prompted this question.

And Snake, you don't have to worry about me dropping a lot of money on anything. I'm as cheap as they come, and broke to boot.

I usually try to search for specific items and I often use part of the name rather than the whole, just in case.

For example, I'm trying to find a complete Rip Cord, so I usually just use rip, in case someone hyphenates it (Rip-Cord) or does it as one word (Ripcord).

I managed to pick up a C-8 Night Vulture for $11 by just using night as the search term.