Battle Convoy (laser Prime)

OB1Killa

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the idea of reissuing Browning. :D

I third, fourth and fifth it!!

"Motion passed! Browning shall now be reissued by Takara as the next member of the TFC reissue series. Next order of business: the inability to get the WSTF-proportioned KO combiner teams to be released at retail....or at least in Big Lots across the country."

@smilepunch@

what a lame re-issue... no wonder takara went under

Takara did not "go under". They merged with Tomy.

They were hurting badly and were about to go under when they decided to merge with Tomy.

and how many times did Hasbro have to bail them out, from going under

Hasbro didn't do it for free. They got half ownership over the TF's including the ones that pre-date Hasbro's line.

Game maker Konami probably did the biggest bail-out up until the merger, with buying approx. 20% of Takara a couple of years ago. They wanted to get involved in the toy business, and even released some MGS figures and gashapon on their own, but Takara wanted no part of it and only wanted the cash input fromt he investment.

I just wonder why doesnt' Takara reissue the rest of the Coneheads like Hasbro did?.....

Oh well, Takara, do whatever u want....

I just wonder why doesnt' Takara reissue the rest of the Coneheads like Hasbro did?.....

Oh well, Takara, do whatever u want....

Actually, Takara reissued the Coneheads before Hasbro did. Cast not the stone at Takara for this issue. They were released before the TFC line was released....as Botcon Japan exclusives, similar to Ironhide and Ratchet being rereleased....I think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think the two were reissued in a fashion similar to Ironhide/Ratchet and Trailbreaker/Hoist. Now, in all technical aspects, neither Hasbro NOR Takara have fully reissued all 3 Coneheads. @smilepunch@

That IS a weak reissue, I mean, why not make some for sure money makers like, Overlord, Dezaurus, Metalhawk, Dai Atlas, or more G1 combimers

Geez, people, LIGHTEN UP...

One, people have been hard-pressed to find an affordable one of these, and here it is, minty fresh.

Two, just because it's a G2 reissue doesn't mean that "O NOES, G1 REISSUES GONE NOW!11!one"

Just chill. Don't like it, don't buy, and don't bring it down for the people who do like it. :D

Whatever man, I am entitled to give my opinion about this crap, how can I ruin it? Secondly, my whole point is they could have a better choice, this is indeed a good choice for japan cause they love anything convoy, but for us over here were looking for a harder to find mold that hasn't been repainted and sold a few years ago.

That IS a weak reissue, I mean, why not make some for sure money makers like, Overlord, Dezaurus, Metalhawk, Dai Atlas, or more G1 combimers

Geez, people, LIGHTEN UP...

One, people have been hard-pressed to find an affordable one of these, and here it is, minty fresh.

Two, just because it's a G2 reissue doesn't mean that "O NOES, G1 REISSUES GONE NOW!11!one"

Just chill. Don't like it, don't buy, and don't bring it down for the people who do like it. :D

Whatever man, I am entitled to give my opinion about this crap, how can I ruin it? Secondly, my whole point is they could have a better choice, this is indeed a good choice for japan cause they love anything convoy, but for us over here were looking for a harder to find mold that hasn't been repainted and sold a few years ago.

@notworthy@ Amen @notworthy@

I seriously need Armada reissues, I can't find a decent hot shot in good condition that isn't over $5.

Honestly, the price of this makes it a why bother. You could probably get the original MISB at the same price.

You obviously haven't spent much time trying just that on eBay. @smilepunch@

I seriously need Armada reissues, I can't find a decent hot shot in good condition that isn't over $5.

Honestly, the price of this makes it a why bother. You could probably get the original MISB at the same price.

You can still find Armada figs at stores...... thrift stores :)

It's almost kind of funny how the one commanding the current highest auction price could be MIB at best.

First, I was joking about the Armada figures Obi.

Second, I saw that $70 prime and that's basically the same price as the reissue, if the reissue was maybe $30 (didn't this guy cost $20 originally in stores?) then it would be a great deal and I'd get one. Otherwise no dice.

Actually most stores I saw are charging between 50 and 60 bones for one. The first auction is 70, but the dude is charging 25 for shipping. You have to figure in total cost of each purchase. So when you do that the reissue basically is way cheaper. Plus you have one MISB if you want.

Actually most stores I saw are charging between 50 and 60 bones for one. The first auction is 70, but the dude is charging 25 for shipping. You have to figure in total cost of each purchase. So when you do that the reissue basically is way cheaper. Plus you have one MISB if you want.

Figure in the magic word of economics as well-inflation. 50 to 60 dollars for Laser Prime, given he's being imported from Japan, after factoring in inflation and the cost of importing him, sounds more or less right for the price of the figure. And I'm pretty sure that the figure was more than 20 dollars at retail.

Figure in the magic word of economics as well-inflation. 50 to 60 dollars for Laser Prime, given he's being imported from Japan, after factoring in inflation and the cost of importing him, sounds more or less right for the price of the figure. And I'm pretty sure that the figure was more than 20 dollars at retail.

Exactly. Plus as I stated the original is way too expensive to even compare with the reissue. Besides the repainted Black Convoy was about 60.00 when it first came out in Japan and that was like five years ago. The reissue is the same price roughly and it is of a much rarer figure. So I think 50 or 60 is about right for Laser Prime.

Exactly. Plus as I stated the original is way too expensive to even compare with the reissue. Besides the repainted Black Convoy was about 60.00 when it first came out in Japan and that was like five years ago. The reissue is the same price roughly and it is of a much rarer figure. So I think 50 or 60 is about right for Laser Prime.

Woo-hoo. Agreeance between board members! :D

scourge is quite rare/worth a bit too so don't think you can find him easy now days! He was RIDs TOP seller I'd say & didn't even come close to warming the pegs, he practly drove him self off them :) Once again i hope the reissuse is decked out g1 style this time around, or we get a ehobby!!! :D

Scourge in America was only $20 if I remember correctly, the cost of an ultra, 20-25. Shipping REALLY doesn't cost that much, if you think about it almost everything is shipped here from Asia, so why should these cost more than a regular Hasbro item? Inflation has nothing to do with it as Transformers have been charging almost the same amount of $$ since the beginning, and RiD scourge cost $20 (that's how much I got him for at Wal-Mart). I'm thinking that the middle men (BBTS, etc...) are putting a $30 mark up. And you're looking at buy it now auctions, they're always over priced and that's why no one buys them and why you still see them. Look for an actual bidding auction, I'm pretty sure they usually go under $100 each, so why bother with G2 Prime when we could have more G1. It's a great figure, but it's definitely not on top of my want list when there are still a hundred G1 figures to go.

Scourge in America was only $20 if I remember correctly, the cost of an ultra, 20-25. Shipping REALLY doesn't cost that much, if you think about it almost everything is shipped here from Asia, so why should these cost more than a regular Hasbro item? Inflation has nothing to do with it as Transformers have been charging almost the same amount of $$ since the beginning, and RiD scourge cost $20 (that's how much I got him for at Wal-Mart). I'm thinking that the middle men (BBTS, etc...) are putting a $30 mark up. And you're looking at buy it now auctions, they're always over priced and that's why no one buys them and why you still see them. Look for an actual bidding auction, I'm pretty sure they usually go under $100 each, so why bother with G2 Prime when we could have more G1. It's a great figure, but it's definitely not on top of my want list when there are still a hundred G1 figures to go.

Not to sound rude, but you remember wrong. First off, Scourge was 29.99 and you couldn't have got him at WalMart......he was a Toys R Us exclusive. I know because thats where I bought him, and I remember him being exclusive to them. I guess it just boils down to what toys you like and what you wanna spend. In a perfect world I would just hop on my reissue Thundercracker and fly to Takara HQ's in Japan. Omce there I would ask them for a free Reissue Laser Prime which they would be happy to give me. But...this is not a perfect world, so if you want one you better pony up the dough. If you don't, then simply don't buy one. #US1#

You might want to recant a few of those statements. Along with what OTB said earlier about RID Scourge, I was also talking about G2 Laser Prime(and without proper wording or definition in your post, it could safely be assumed that you were as well). When shipping bulk, even with a slight discount, it does cost a pretty penny. Don't believe me? Ask the owners of JRS Toyworld, Supercow Imports, or Stuckakid on TFans.com or Allspark.com, as they're all members of the boards on those websites and post often. Inflation is most certainly an issue, not just with TF's, but with all toys and life itself for that matter. There's no realistic way that you can possibly say that "Transformers have been charging the same amount of money since the beginning" as I don't remember the seekers going for even 25 dollars, much less 35-40. I don't remember Jazz going for 20 dollars, much less 30. Optimus Prime for 40 dollars, much less 50? There's only so much that TRU can be blamed for the mark-up, and that's where inflation comes into play. Inflation is very much a part of this hobby and our very lives. It's basic economics.