Battle Convoy (laser Prime)

OB1Killa

That IS a weak reissue, I mean, why not make some for sure money makers like, Overlord, Dezaurus, Metalhawk, Dai Atlas, or more G1 combimers

Geez, people, LIGHTEN UP...

One, people have been hard-pressed to find an affordable one of these, and here it is, minty fresh.

Two, just because it's a G2 reissue doesn't mean that "O NOES, G1 REISSUES GONE NOW!11!one"

Just chill. Don't like it, don't buy, and don't bring it down for the people who do like it. :D

i know, but they're wasting spots for good G1 goodness re-issues!

pleaseee.... the only reason people are not falling all out over this guy is cause he was put out in RID!! Otherwise yall would be all OMG!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That IS a weak reissue, I mean, why not make some for sure money makers like, Overlord, Dezaurus, Metalhawk, Dai Atlas, or more G1 combimers

One, people have been hard-pressed to find an affordable one of these, and here it is, minty fresh.

Two, just because it's a G2 reissue doesn't mean that "O NOES, G1 REISSUES GONE NOW!11!one"

Just chill. Don't like it, don't buy, and don't bring it down for the people who do like it. :D

pleaseee.... the only reason people are not falling all out over this guy is cause he was put out in RID!! Otherwise yall would be all OMG!

True, it really is a good mold....I mean look how it helds it own in the RID line....and that's saying something when you have figures like Super Fire Convoy and RID Magnus in that TF line.

But I never really liked the Battle Convoy colors at all, the black nose on the cab looked kinda lame and the trailer looks cheap. The Rid Scourge version looks ten times better than the Battle Convoy (G2) version.

I know that is why I am praying they do it decked out g1 style trailer and all... if they did ... this toy would sky rocket in price & they would all sell out before any ever hit shelfs ...

I know that is why I am praying they do it decked out g1 style trailer and all... if they did ... this toy would sky rocket in price & they would all sell out before any ever hit shelfs ...

Or, you know, they might just do one each. :P

How are they "wasting spots"? It isn't like they have a set number of re-issues they're allowed to do.

They will likely continue doing them until they run out of figures to re-issue, or the interest/profit-margin wanes.

True, it really is a good mold....I mean look how it helds it own in the RID line....and that's saying something when you have figures like Super Fire Convoy and RID Magnus in that TF line.

But I never really liked the Battle Convoy colors at all, the black nose on the cab looked kinda lame and the trailer looks cheap. The Rid Scourge version looks ten times better than the Battle Convoy (G2) version.

True, & true... just to make money, & I would of been all over it if it wasn't used in RID....

But we still needed the rest of the G1 reissues.... why are they jumping from G1 to Victory, Headmasters, now G2... what's next? BW? BM? RID? Armada? Energon? Galaxy Force? I wouldn't be surprised... @grumpy@

True, & true... just to make money, & I would of been all over it if it wasn't used in RID....

But we still needed the rest of the G1 reissues.... why are they jumping from G1 to Victory, Headmasters, now G2... what's next? BW? BM? RID? Armada? Energon? Galaxy Force? I wouldn't be surprised... @grumpy@

You're overreacting. :P One simple change doesn't mean they're gonna shift to G2 permanently.

The only Victory molds that have been reissued were the Landcross combiners in blind box packaging, and that was about 2 or 3 years ago(I still need to pick those up). Of course, considering that Victory and Headmasters are part of the Japanese continuity, and the Japanese are the ones that are doing the reissuing, I'm not sure what I see is the problem here. Quit being such a dumb pessimist.

starconvoy is a great choice , as he is highly wanted by people, specialy japanese people I asume! Let alone us other collecters. JUst cause you don't like something don't mean a lot of other people do, you're going on the view that just cause you think it sucks that everyone else does too @smilepunch@

He's an old Prime that many would love to own in spanking new condition.

Have you considered that they might be buying time whilst they restore other moulds? Like when they released TM Hot Rod as TFC 13 and then Hound shortly after as 14 (an Autobot car who until then was in the same category as Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack)

Have you considered that they might be buying time whilst they restore other moulds? Like when they released TM Hot Rod as TFC 13 and then Hound shortly after as 14 (an Autobot car who until then was in the same category as Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack)

clap clap clap clap clap clap!

My hero :)

From my point of view, Laser Prime is a sought after toy. l recall ppl on various forums sayin how they love this fig and a new one doesn't come cheap. I believe it is smart of Takara decided to reissue him because of the demand. I mean would it be wise to release a figure that a lot of ppl wants rather than a figure no one wants because of being reissued so many times? I would rather get this figure say another g1 prime.

Also, laser prime is old regardless of not bein' from the g1 series. Choosin him is a smart idea since they already have the mold and the figure is quite rare. Like Gaz said, they are most likely buying time for new molds to come out.

I know there are still a lot of g1 figures that plenty of people want to see, but people need to start coming to terms with the possibility that we may never see a lot of them.

I expect to only see figures that are relatively easy to produce. Any figures that suffer more extreme mold degredations, even if they could be fixed, probably won't be reissued. I'm guessing Takomy will be looking for the most cost efficient molds to reissue to save as much money as they can. Sorry to say, that will most likey be more late g1 and some more g2 figures.

what a lame re-issue... no wonder takara went under

Takara did not "go under". They merged with Tomy.

They were hurting badly and were about to go under when they decided to merge with Tomy.

and how many times did Hasbro have to bail them out, from going under

I hope so! come on wheeljack or sunstreaker or mirage or dinobots :P

lets not forget they just announced Blaster as well. which will probably be a bookstyle re-issue, while laser prime is regular re-issue

But we still needed the rest of the G1 reissues.... why are they jumping from G1 to Victory, Headmasters, now G2... what's next?  BW? BM? RID? Armada? Energon? Galaxy Force? I wouldn't be surprised...  @grumpy@

The only Victory molds that have been reissued were the Landcross combiners in blind box packaging, and that was about 2 or 3 years ago(I still need to pick those up). Of course, considering that Victory and Headmasters are part of the Japanese continuity, and the Japanese are the ones that are doing the reissuing, I'm not sure what I see is the problem here. Quit being such a dumb pessimist.

Da problem is that Takara needs to finish up with G1 instead of jumping around back & forth...

I wouldn't mind if they reissue the others, just finish one line first then do the rest by sequence....

@firedevil@

But we still needed the rest of the G1 reissues.... why are they jumping from G1 to Victory, Headmasters, now G2... what's next?  BW? BM? RID? Armada? Energon? Galaxy Force? I wouldn't be surprised...  @grumpy@

Da problem is that Takara needs to finish up with G1 instead of jumping around back & forth...

I wouldn't mind if they reissue the others, just finish one line first then do the rest by sequence....

@firedevil@

Hey, they don't have to reissue the figures at all. Just be glad they are, and they'll do them in whatever order they feel like. :)

what a lame re-issue... no wonder takara went under

Takara did not "go under". They merged with Tomy.

They were hurting badly and were about to go under when they decided to merge with Tomy.

and how many times did Hasbro have to bail them out, from going under

Once by gettin' the TF license

@firedevil@

If you're going by continuity of the storyline, then Takara has jumped once....ONCE. G1 to G2. It's not even in the TFC collection, it's simply a reissue akin to Predaking and Star Convoy. Takara is reissuing figures that are fairly popular, apparently very much so in the fandom. What's the problem? I would personally much rather see popular figures reissued than each wave be reissued one by one first. Hell, I hope that we get Star Saber, Victory Leo, Galaxy Shuttle, Browning, or Liokaiser reissued before some of the other figures from the first three years, TFC collection or seperate reissue.