B.a.t. Attack 6-pack

pesatyel

I expect the R.H.I.N.O. within the week too.

The back of the package says the following:

"Half-machine, half-human, Overkill is the ambitious leader of the Cobra B.A.T. army. he has developed highly advanced micro-circuitry in his mad quest to create the perfect android army. Using the original Cobra B.A.T. robots for parts, he began his experiments with the V3 Cobra B.A.T. trooper, constructing what amounted to an animated weapon system. Growing more ambitious, he construced the V4 Cobra B.A.T. force, tougher to destroy and more heavily armed. His greatest achievement so far is the V5 Cobra B.A.T. army, a deadly force of androids programmed for self-modification: brlow them apart and they join together in deadly new combinations. Lock and load, because the battle is about to begin between the G.I. Joe team and the Cobra B.A.T. Attackers!"

Overkill: : I like the grey a LOT better.

Accessories: The left arm can be exchanged with a missile launcher. The second arm has NO articulation, other than the shoulder joint.

Notes: Still has all the holes and nothing to put in them

B.A.T. V3: The worst, as far as the neon is considered. The feet, tops of the boots, belt, "eye," chest plate and the little thing below the chest plate.

Accessories: Backpack, sword arm, large gun arm and chest plate.

Notes: I don't understand why they never gave him a second hand. Also, the second backpack peg is unnecessarily empty.

B.A.T. V4: Only the hands, belt and "eye" are neon (looks okay on him). Not much to really say here.

Accessories: Backpack, 2 hands, 2 guns.

Notes: Woulda looked pretty cool with two sword arms (Ninja B.A.T.?). Also mine has leg problems (doesn't stand too well).

B.A.T. V5: The new guy. Has the same basic body construction as Overkill. The head, arms (at the shoulders) and waist are detachable (but the instructions don't mention the legs for either Overkill or the B.A.T. detaching from the waist).

Accessories: Each comes with a backpack (neon) with a large and small hole on each side. They all have regular hands. Between the three V5s, they have 4 gun arms (2 for each hand).

Notes: STILL no swivel arm ( #WTF# ). VERY hard to pull apart (I feel like I'm going to break the damn thing). I have no idea what the neon tubes are that stuck up from the arms. They're just there and don't do anything.

Final Comments: The V5s should have used the same arm housing as the others. Also, I've mentioned this before, these guys are androids (albeit humanoid ones) that are not restricted to the human capacity as far as joints are concerned. They should have all kinds of swivel thighs and arms and wrists and feet and such. Regardless, I think I might have to order me another set, once Wave 3 arrives.

Sorry no pictures, I don't have a camera..

Here's a thought on these guys: Think of them as being Biological warfare BATS. The neon backpack and large canisters on the arms of the V5 are for spreading biological agents (the canisters on the arms even have vents for this)

The neon coloration is purposely done as a warning to other Cobra troops to avoid these BATS or to don protective gear at first sight of them.

Cobra Commander is a bad guy with no scruples, so why wouldn't he use biological warfare against the Joes or anyone else? To me it makes perfect sense.

As for pictures, YoJoe.com has added them to their archive.

Sounds to me like this pack should be avoided. I'm glad I passed on it. I already have one Night Watch and one Crimson Shadow Guard pack. Both i'm extremely satisfied with.

There not bad. the only major flaw is that the V5 arms aren't interchangeable with the other B.A.T.s. Oh and Overkill's arm is useless.

Your best bet is to check out the pics on yojoe.

Here's a thought on these guys: Think of them as being Biological warfare BATS. The neon backpack and large canisters on the arms of the V5 are for spreading biological agents (the canisters on the arms even have vents for this)

The neon coloration is purposely done as a warning to other Cobra troops to avoid these BATS or to don protective gear at first sight of them.

Cobra Commander is a bad guy with no scruples, so why wouldn't he use biological warfare against the Joes or anyone else? To me it makes perfect sense.

That's not a bad idea. It would explain the tubes on the arms.

I think the set is just fine, and I'm not as picky about the colors as such, being that they're BATS! Concept of BATS (robots) is already far-fetched and science fiction to begin with, so the lack of full articulation features or added neon paint for "venom" chambers (or what have you) doesn't take anything away from them...for me. ^_^

As a matter of fact...

ED-209 gets some action time in my Joe universe!

ed2099lz.png

Bats and robots are always the first line of defense against the Joes trying to infiltrate Cobra Island and the Terrordrome, before they send in the human Viper forces.

Many a Greenshirts die and sh@# the bed...at the hands of such defense forces, as these Bats and ED-209's! Cleanup on'em is pretty easy on the Cobra soldiers after that, and only a handful of Joe personelle make it past them, like Snake Eyes and Tunnel Rat maybe. ^_^

I've seen few places where people don't like the new "Sigma" Bat much. If anyone doesn't like theirs, I have 2 each of the other 2 BATs & an extra Overkill (from the pack) as trade bait for the new style BATs. Just an FYI. :)

As far as the look of the set goes, I have always disliked neon, but for some weird reason, I don't mind the neon that much in this set. Maybe because these are robots instead of human soldiers, I dunno. I think overall Hasbro did a pretty good job.

I still think it's crap! Hasbro you wanna make me buy a BAT Attack 6 pack remold BAT V-1 and you got my money! that cricket bat is by far the worst mold ever! neon,sci-fi stuff, robots i can live with all that! this set just looks like a mess to me! so i wont be pickin it up.....but hey...more for you guys! ;)

TM

I don't mind neon on the Bats either so I really like this pack!!!!

And TM according to Hasbro they have all of the Bat v1 RAH back in house! Maybe a comic pack fig next year?

Draven

WHAT! we've waited soooo long for the return of V1 BAT that they better make it a 6 pack army builder in classic colors! that would be so freakin awsome!!!

TM