Let's Try This....

ARROW

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Arrow, you are one very talented fellow. I love to draw and this has inspired me to post some stuff up.... well soon at least. I really dig your thick shading and old school comic style.

I remember in some post that you actually did some CG as well. I am graduate with a BA in computer animation. I remember you also said you worked on the marvelous series "reboot". What else have you done and are you still doing CG stuff as well as 2d?

I meant old school as in a good way. The style of some of your lineart and inks reminds me of some of the older comics. Speaking of animation art, I also collect animation cels. Its a great way for a fan to feel that much closer to that series they love as well as own a piece of really impressive art.

So do you work for companies or are you contracted like freelance work?

I have a wacom tablet and I have to say its definitely changed my style in 2d and in 3d art. Great for texturing in both. Those Cintiq monitors are pretty darn pricey but would be really nice to own.

One thing about working on Reboot, is at least you can say you worked on something as great as that show. And Im pretty sure its offically the first ever CG cartoon/show. So that alone is something pretty big.

I have a 4x6 wacom that originally i felt was so small that i thought i couldnt really do anything on it except texture. I eventually adapted and I really enjoy it even if its a small space. I would love to have a cintiq monitor but I'm pretty sure I can't afford that right now. I tend to work in photoshop and in maya. I only do character modeling and some texturing/sculpting but I havent done enough of it to really have things i feel worthy to show. Rigging is indeed a pain in the keester. The school I went to was known for its hard curricular and around the clock working hours and the only classes I ended up failing were those dreaded rigging classes. Rigging requires not only the annoyance of painting weights and setting up the rigs themselves, but you need to know MEL scripting as well. Coding is not my bag. Its nice that Zbrush has fake rigs so you can pose your models. Unfortunately that means they cant be animated unless you have a default pose and have a friend that rigs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

really digging that last one. What contest? I notice Cobra symbols!

It was a contest entry for the Joecanuck forums--a character I call the I.C.E. Queen, a COBRA villainess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...