Ml Gladiator Needs To Be Made Tb!

thanos0341

I don't think it is a definite that Glad would beat Herc. I think if written correctly, Glad would have the edge in powers such as speed and flight. But I give the slight edge to Herc in strength and a big edge in hand to hand combat knowledge. I would not bet money on this match as I see it going either way. If Herc did lose a first matchup with him, I would say this, the second time they meet, Herc would know what to expect and with a bruised ego, would certainly beat Glad. Same goes for the Thor Superman battle. The next time the battle, Thor will kick supe's A**. Just my point of view as a follower and fan of Herc AND Gladiator for over twenty years. I think a better matchup would be Herc vs Champion(elders of the universe) and Gladiator vs Drax(infinity trilogy)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, hope you enjoyed the pics. You didn't even mention them. IMO, Gladiator would beat Hercules 7 outta 10. He's just got too vast an array of powers while Herc only has immense strength, high amount of invulnerability, & is an Olympion level wrestler/grappler/hand to hand combatant. Gladiator has the same or higher strength level, flight, atomic vision, nigh invulnerability, super speed both on land & in flight & is a seasoned hand to hand combatant himself. There's just too many ways he could beat Herc asides from just using his super strength & fighting Herc on his terms.

Do you know about this one? That in Guardians of the Galaxy, (old comic), it is learned that the mutant race has left Earth led by Wolverine. While on their way to find sanctuary, they inadvertently trespass into Shi'ar space, which is in the middle of "tempestuous times." Gladiator is dispatched to the infraction site and is confronted by Wolverine. The ensuing battle lasts six days, ending when Gladiator breaks off one of Wolverine's claws. Claiming victory, the Shi'ar allow the mutants to proceed. [These tempestuous times could involve the Kree, since they are influential by 2818 and possibly rebel against their Shi'ar captors at this point]

Quote taken from http://www.geocities.com/glakandar/gotw/ti...mes2.htm?200510

Wow, cool. That would be an awesome battle to see drawn in a comic. John Byrne comes to mind when I think of a Gladiator/Wolverine throwdown. I just loved his renditions of both those characters in the 80s.

Sorry for not mentioning the pics. I did enjoy them. Thanks for putting them up again. I do have most of those issues except the Hulk issue. When did that battle happen and how did it end? As far as the Glads over Herc 7 out of 10, I guess I'll agree with that considering the advantages Glad has. But I will disagree on the strength issue. I would reverse it and say, they are equals, and if there is one stronger, I'll say it's Herc. I've read that some of Gladiators feats of strength are partially enhanced by some kind of psychic ability that is based on his confidence level during certain situations. Do you know about this at all? I think Reed Richards discovered that. Not sure which issue.

Sorry for not mentioning the pics. I did enjoy them. Thanks for putting them up again. I do have most of those issues except the Hulk issue. When did that battle happen and how did it end? As far as the Glads over Herc 7 out of 10, I guess I'll agree with that considering the advantages Glad has. But I will disagree on the strength issue. I would reverse it and say, they are equals, and if there is one stronger, I'll say it's Herc. I've read that some of Gladiators feats of strength are partially enhanced by some kind of psychic ability that is based on his confidence level during certain situations. Do you know about this at all? I think Reed Richards discovered that. Not sure which issue.

Hulk fought Gladiator in Hulk annual 97'. Well being that they fought in a Hulk comic, how do you think it would end? They were fighting right next to a nuke reactor & Gladiator was using his laser vision to tear a hole in the Hulk's chest but the Hulk got close enough to clasp his hand over Glad's face & send his eye beams right back at him & while Glad was staggered by that, the Hulk figured out he was vulnerable to some form of radiation so he punched a hole in the side of the nuke plant building & Glad soaked up the escaping radiation & it hurt him badly & while he was reeling from that, the Hulk proceeded to pound the living crap outta Gladiator until the little kid they were fighting over screamed at Hulk to stop. The Hulk then leaped away & that was the end of the fight. Yes, his powers are based on how high or low his confidence levels are. When he 1st fought the FF in issue 249-250 Reed deduced that was Gladiator's archilles heel & had Sue turn Captain America's invincible shield invisible & then used a hologram to make Cap look like himself so when Gladiator started pounding on Reed & using his laser vision on who he thought was Reed ,but was really cap behind his shield & nothing happened, he started to doubt his power & Sue floored him with an invisible force bolt & KOed him.

Orginally it was stated that Gladiators Strength was based on his confidense but it really seems to come down to who is writeing the story. Some writers use this theory some do not. It seems to me that Gladiator is usually used as a generic punching bag for other heros (Thor, Hulk) etc. I beleive glad is way under rated and usually pourly written but that might be because he is my favorite character ;).

I always loved gladiator. I always thought he doesn't get that much publication in the comics.

I have always seen him as a very, very strong being. He may be rank down because of popularity. You don't want an unpopular character beating down Hulk or Thor.

I would have him up there with Silver Surfer, Hulk, Thanos, Thor, Cpt. Marvel, Adam Warlock, etc. He seems extremely powerful to me.

I have been waiting for him and hopefully, a kree soldier.

I would love toy biz forever(probably not) if they would realease a cosmic box set

Gladiator, Firelord, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, Drax, Terrax, Thanos, Magus, Nova, etc, any combination of this as long as they include Gladiator and Firelord.

I'm with you on that "Cosmic " boxset but my list would be

Gladiator

Thanos-ML version

Silver Surfer-new sculpt

Terrax

Drax

Adam Warlock

BAF -Stranger

If I had too choose a box set of six characters I would go for

Silver Surfer (new, great sculpt)

Adam Warlock

Firelord

Thanos

Gladiator

Drax

Nova I think will eventually get its own ML treatment. Adam might as well but the box set needs some names in it so I think Silver surfer, warlock and Thanos can sell the box set

there are many cosmic beings that I would love but their popularity is low so I can only hope. The good thing is that most them have in the past been included with Fantastic Four so I can keep hoping we might get a new silver surfer in the new F4 line. The series 5 one, was just like nightcrawler for me, you expect and wait too much and only get a so-so figure, which means dissappointment.

I don't really care for cosmic characters, the only ones I really want are Thanos and adam warlock. Gladiator would be ok though.

OK! "Gladiator would be OK though"! Are Chocolate cookies just OK? Is Jenna Jameson just OK? Gladiator is NOT just ok! Gladiator RULES! All hail the preator of the Shiar Imperial Guard!

I have no dout we will see

Adam Warlock, nova, & drax, soon! maybe in waves 16-20 :P

Plus drax has his own lil mini comic out right now which seems to be doing quite well!! So that is allways an added edge!

warlock I don't see how they can't make him! & nova... well shes nova :P

Gladiator would be cool, but I'd want an ML Cannonball to beat Gladiator down with. :P

paleeeeze! If real un-biased, non X-fan writers wrote Gladiator fighting Cannonball 100x, Gladiator would win 99x & the only loss would be cuz he felt sorry for all the A$$ whoopings he's given poor ol Cannonball & lets him win on purpose.

Yeh Gladiator is usually written pretty poorly. Im curious how a fight between glad and wolverine could last 6 days. No offense to wolverine fans but wolverine is not on par with gladiator when it comes to power. I suppose it reverts back to the fact that wolverine is a marvel icon and they cant have him beaten down in a few panels regardless who it is he is fighting.

Yeah I agree with you about the 6 days fighting. Perhaps he was using some kind of hit n run tactics? In the Grant Morrison run of Xmen, Wolverine kills a few of the Imperial Guard, which impresses Gladiator. Gladiator however is still ready to kill him before someone comes in and saves them.

I think a fight between the two could last a bit ... less glad just went and pulled wolverines head right off or some such wolvies got that healing factor of his, plus the skill to dodge whatever glad throws at em for a while anyways.

Heres a question, can wolvies claws cut through gladiator?..

THey should really do some o this in exiles heh :) yet another reason why I like that comic ... since there just other worlds they can kill off who ever they like!!