Ahahha

synch

As a matter of fact, here's the thread in question:

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1976765

And a quote from you Matthew:

I'll bide my time and maybe when I'm 50, some toy company will put out proper Batman product.

Ok Jeff...I'll call your bluff...If the comic-accurate Batman continues then I'll eat my crow next year.  If it doesn't, YOU have to publically eat crow...Agreed?

So, are you ready to 'eat crow' yet? @firedevil@ I'm waiting.....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are you ready to 'eat crow' yet? I'm waiting.....

Nope. Comic-accurate line was CANCELLED! This is a totally new line with a totally different banner. The Bane and Scarecrow in this new line is JUST the repackaged ones from the previous CANCELLED Batman line.

Maybe one day in a far off place SOME guy at DC will want to do comic-accurate figures for the Mass retailer instead of gouging it's fans at DC Direct by paying over inflated prices for their characters which I will not pay for!

Hmm...It became a far off place and it became some day...

Um....that's not what was said. It's close, but, it's your twisting of the facts, since you seem to have an issue with the new 'toon and Matsuda's designs. You don't like the show. Great. We know that. Get over it.

Apparantly NO ONE else likes it either. Hasn't this show been cancelled yet?

A comic-accurate Batman line CAN sell at mass retailers. No one has the balls to put one out there though.

AHHH....ANOTHER quote of mine. Like I SAID, it CAN sell at mass retailers...Let's see what YOU say though...

You are a fair weather fan and I feel no sorrow for you not getting the line that you want.

APPARANTLY my "fair weatherness" held out. See? Perhaps you are the one who is wrong here.

QUOTE (Matthew Green @ Nov 10 2004, 12:14 AM)

One day on the pegs of mass retailers there will be Ventriloquist, Mr. ZsasZ, and Calender Man....Like I said earlier, I just hope I'm not 50 when it happens... 

Not gonna happen. Ever. Get over it.

And it's Calendar Man by the way.

Umm...We are getting Azrael AND Darkseid in the FIRST WAVE...Care to EAT your words or shall we wait? I mean hell, ZsasZ was EVEN IN THE FREAKING BATMAN MOVIE YET YOU say he won't get a figure ever....Ok....We'll see....Yet here is ANOTHER quote of mine...

I am just upset that there can't be a 6" comic-accurate line that can co-exist with it. And if Toybiz, Jakks, Hasbro can do it...So can another toy company. You DON'T see neon pink Stormtroopers do you? How about Underwater Darth Vadar? Nope...There can be a 6" comic-accurate Batman line and until MORE people step up and voice their displeasure about it and show it by their wallets the SAME stuff will happen.

Hmm...Seems like I was ALL for a comic-accurate line. You weren't. You were championing against it all the while wanting repaint of Batmen in a variety of colors remember?

U guys should calm down here.

Logically thousands of variants from the same character will bored the costomers but as long as the Batman/SUperman/GL etc variants are reasonable and are controled I think the toy line will be pretty successful. By example the previous 6" Batman line. I think I bought the Zip lines Bats and the Under water Bats,batwing bats(forgot the correct names). I dont mind having some variant Batman figs with cool gadgets and non goofy colours.

I think a few Superman and GL variants with some reasonable accessories would look cool.Though for the accessories to be reasonable GL's stuff will all need to be green.

This line has a lot of promise. The DCD Batman and Superman variants aren't bad, as they all depict the characters in normal outfits that they wear time and time again.

But the problem with the Mattel variants is that they are rediculously colored and way overpacked.

If Mattel still wants to overpack Bats and Supes, they need to at least offer a cherrypick assortment to small and specialty shops who are unable to move 10 Batmans as fast as the 2 non-Batmans.

THE Batman's assortments are no where near perfect, but they are a hair shy of unsatisfactory.

Nope. Comic-accurate line was CANCELLED! This is a totally new line with a totally different banner. The Bane and Scarecrow in this new line is JUST the repackaged ones from the previous CANCELLED Batman line.

The comic accurate line became this line. Don't try to split hairs - I told you to wait and see what Mattel had planned, yet you continued to complain about the animated line and the movie line taking precious peg space from a comic line that was, at the time, on it's last legs. The fact that Bane and Scarecrow are in this line should indicate to you that this is a continuation of the comic line - regardless of the name. I don't recall the previous line being called "The Batman Comic Figures" so don't try to twist things just because the new line has a name.

Maybe one day in a far off place SOME guy at DC will want to do comic-accurate figures for the Mass retailer instead of gouging it's fans at DC Direct by paying over inflated prices for their characters which I will not pay for!

IIRC, that's your own quote you're replying to. Again, you were over-reacting to the animated and movie lines taking space from the comic line.

Um....that's not what was said. It's close, but, it's your twisting of the facts, since you seem to have an issue with the new 'toon and Matsuda's designs. You don't like the show. Great. We know that. Get over it.

Actually, that first quote is from me and, you still have an issue with the animated line. (Big shock :rolleyes:) No, the show hasn't been cancelled - as a matter of fact, it's still doing pretty well in the ratings and Mattel is talking about the line going thru at least 2007. What does that tell you about the show? @loll@

A comic-accurate Batman line CAN sell at mass retailers. No one has the balls to put one out there though.

AHHH....ANOTHER quote of mine. Like I SAID, it CAN sell at mass retailers...Let's see what YOU say though...

You are a fair weather fan and I feel no sorrow for you not getting the line that you want.

APPARANTLY my "fair weatherness" held out. See? Perhaps you are the one who is wrong here.

No, it didn't. The animated line is still going strong. The movie line is dying off because the movie has came and went - as movie lines usually do. Anyone that reads the original thread will see that you were full of crap then, just like you are now.

One day on the pegs of mass retailers there will be Ventriloquist, Mr. ZsasZ, and Calender Man....Like I said earlier, I just hope I'm not 50 when it happens...

Umm...We are getting Azrael AND Darkseid in the FIRST WAVE...Care to EAT your words or shall we wait? I mean hell, ZsasZ was EVEN IN THE FREAKING BATMAN MOVIE YET YOU say he won't get a figure ever....Ok....We'll see....Yet here is ANOTHER quote of mine...

Yep. We're getting Azrael in the 2nd wave of the Batman series. Darkseid is probably going to be in the 2nd wave of the Superman series. Nowhere have I seen anything saying that we're getting Calendar Man, Ventriloquist, or Mr. ZsasZ. Yes, he made a minor appearance in Begins, did he get a figure? NO?? I'm shocked. They didn't do a figure for Gordon, Rachel or Alfred either. I haven't seen you complaining about that yet.... Nothing for me to 'eat my words' on. Unless of course, you have some inside info that I'm not aware of...it would be unusual for you, but it could happen...@loll@

I am just upset that there can't be a 6" comic-accurate line that can co-exist with it. And if Toybiz, Jakks, Hasbro can do it...So can another toy company. You DON'T see neon pink Stormtroopers do you? How about Underwater Darth Vadar? Nope...There can be a 6" comic-accurate Batman line and until MORE people step up and voice their displeasure about it and show it by their wallets the SAME stuff will happen.

Hmm...Seems like I was ALL for a comic-accurate line. You weren't. You were championing against it all the while wanting repaint of Batmen in a variety of colors remember?

Yes, as I explained before, you were complaining that you couldn't get comic accurate Batman figures at mass retail because the animated line was taking over. Boo hoo. Many members pointed out the fact that DC Direct is putting out loads of Batman figures during '05 - which you didn't like because they weren't available at regular retail and they were too expensive. I never championed against it or said that it has no place at mass retail. I said wait and see what's coming. You had a knee jerk reaction to news that the next wave (Bane, Scarecrow, etc) were going to be overseas exclusives. Pretty amazing how they're being included in this line, huh?

It's funny, we did get multi colored Troopers, Lava Vader, Lava this, Lava that, PINK Holiday Vader!, Holiday Yoda, Holiday R2 & 3PO, Holiday Jawas,etc etc. An underwater Batman is comic accurate - just because you don't think it should be on the shelf doesn't make it a bad figure. Unfortunately Matthew, you seem to think that your thoughts on what is and isn't good in the world of Batman (and possibly the DCU in general) is an accurate reflection of the collecting community and the fact is, it's only YOUR opinion. Maybe someday, when you become a brand manager at Mattel, you can dictate what figures we see and what figures we don't see. Until then, you're just a fan, like the rest of us - with no more and no less pull than most.

Just admit that you overreacted back then and we'll move on.

I don't recall the previous line being called "The Batman Comic Figures" so don't try to twist things just because the new line has a name.

It CERTAINLY wasn't called DC Superheroes...It was called Batman if I'm not mistaken. By YOUR logic then we should call Marvel Legends line is ACTUALLY X-men because they repackaged Toad and put him in the first assortment of the ML line....No, the X-men line was CANCELLED. So was the Batman line.

What does that tell you about the show?

We'll see...

No, it didn't. The animated line is still going strong. The movie line is dying off because the movie has came and went - as movie lines usually do. Anyone that reads the original thread will see that you were full of crap then, just like you are now.

Nope, my fair weatherness DID pay off. I didn't buy the animated CRAP and apparantly not alot of other people did either. Mattel was seeing ML's KICK their butts in the action figure aisles and decided to release a comic-accurate line WITH additional articulation.

Nowhere have I seen anything saying that we're getting Calendar Man, Ventriloquist, or Mr. ZsasZ. Yes, he made a minor appearance in Begins, did he get a figure? NO?? I'm shocked. They didn't do a figure for Gordon, Rachel or Alfred either. I haven't seen you complaining about that yet.... Nothing for me to 'eat my words' on. Unless of course, you have some inside info that I'm not aware of...it would be unusual for you, but it could happen..

Again...It's ONLY THE FIRST FREAKING WAVE. Be patient. We'll see who comes out on top. YOU said a comic accurate DC line could NEVER work at retail...Well, this is Mattel's SECOND try at it...

Just admit that you overreacted back then and we'll move on.

Nope. The reason given for the FIRST line being cancelled was Mattel was putting ALL it's focus on the animated properties. THAT WAS THE REASON. Prove me wrong.

The comic accurate line became this line. Don't try to split hairs - I told you to wait and see what Mattel had planned, yet you continued to complain about the animated line and the movie line taking precious peg space from a comic line that was, at the time, on it's last legs. The fact that Bane and Scarecrow are in this line should indicate to you that this is a continuation of the comic line - regardless of the name. I don't recall the previous line being called "The Batman Comic Figures" so don't try to twist things just because the new line has a name.

IIRC, that's your own quote you're replying to. Again, you were over-reacting to the animated and movie lines taking space from the comic line.

Actually, that first quote is from me and, you still have an issue with the animated line. (Big shock rolleyes.gif) No, the show hasn't been cancelled - as a matter of fact, it's still doing pretty well in the ratings and Mattel is talking about the line going thru at least 2007. What does that tell you about the show? guitar.gif

Yep. We're getting Azrael in the 2nd wave of the Batman series. Darkseid is probably going to be in the 2nd wave of the Superman series. Nowhere have I seen anything saying that we're getting Calendar Man, Ventriloquist, or Mr. ZsasZ. Yes, he made a minor appearance in Begins, did he get a figure? NO?? I'm shocked. They didn't do a figure for Gordon, Rachel or Alfred either. I haven't seen you complaining about that yet.... Nothing for me to 'eat my words' on. Unless of course, you have some inside info that I'm not aware of...it would be unusual for you, but it could happen...guitar.gif

Yes, as I explained before, you were complaining that you couldn't get comic accurate Batman figures at mass retail because the animated line was taking over. Boo hoo. Many members pointed out the fact that DC Direct is putting out loads of Batman figures during '05 - which you didn't like because they weren't available at regular retail and they were too expensive. I never championed against it or said that it has no place at mass retail. I said wait and see what's coming. You had a knee jerk reaction to news that the next wave (Bane, Scarecrow, etc) were going to be overseas exclusives. Pretty amazing how they're being included in this line, huh?

It's funny, we did get multi colored Troopers, Lava Vader, Lava this, Lava that, PINK Holiday Vader!, Holiday Yoda, Holiday R2 & 3PO, Holiday Jawas,etc etc. An underwater Batman is comic accurate - just because you don't think it should be on the shelf doesn't make it a bad figure. Unfortunately Matthew, you seem to think that your thoughts on what is and isn't good in the world of Batman (and possibly the DCU in general) is an accurate reflection of the collecting community and the fact is, it's only YOUR opinion.

My opinion happens to be the CORRECT one. NONE of the Star Wars figures that were released appeared on the shelves that weren't part of continuity. SHOW me where Batman has a neon green Batsuit or a neon pink one IN continuity!!!!!!!!!1 You champion those and I think it's ridiculous. The Star Wars holiday line was NEVER about being in continuity and weren't even on toy shelves. They were exclusives.

Gotta love em... It took em long enough! (almost 5 years since ML came out!0

well they have been busy with other stuff yknow ... :D

heman...

just to name one ;)

No way! That doesn't count!

How hard was it for them to say...

"Put in 11 He-mans and 1 villians per case?"

@smilepunch@ :(

they only did a few of the variants from my understanding like the one with the huge fists ect which is actaully a decent one :P & they don't decide anything about that either /case ratios ect thats all mattle man, all they do is make the things :)

& mattel had other guys do most of the speccrapular variants for this line :)

I like the JLU better. It reminds of Super Powers. I hope they continue on.

long as both lines continue to make $$$ I see no reason why it won't ;) after all dcd & all the other dc crap hasn't stoped cause of jlu has it? :)

@loll@

This line has a lot of promise. The DCD Batman and Superman variants aren't bad, as they all depict the characters in normal outfits that they wear time and time again.

But the problem with the Mattel variants is that they are rediculously colored and way overpacked.

If Mattel still wants to overpack Bats and Supes, they need to at least offer a cherrypick assortment to small and specialty shops who are unable to move 10 Batmans as fast as the 2 non-Batmans.

THE Batman's assortments are no where near perfect, but they are a hair shy of unsatisfactory.

I dont think I will really wanna see all batman variants in the same colour. Still I think someone gave us a reasonable explaination already. The different colours makes it easy for parents to choose which toy the wanna pick up for their kids and know which one they bought already.

I think the variants will be ok as long as the case ratios are even.

Remember Mattel isnt making the figures just for comic fans, kids& parents are their main target. That's how they make money u know.

again, Mattel is NOT doing multi-colored variants of anyone. Supes and Bats will have a presence, but only in comic authentic versions ie Knightfall Bats, Blue supes etc.....They are following the Legends formula and have learned from previous mistakes. This was all said since SDCC and has not changed.

Multiple Green Lanterns would be SWEET

As far as people worrying about Batman and Superman flooding pegs, apparently these will ship in cases of 8 with a breakdown of 3,2,2,1.

3 Batman

2 Bane

2 Scarecrow

1 Killer Croc

3 Superman

2 Bizarro

2 Supergirl

1 Doomsday

This should help work out fairly well. Batman and Superman have to be the prominent characters so they need the 3per. Bane and Scarecrow have had more movie and TV exposure than Croc as well as him being available before. Bizarro and Supergirl have the whole Super motif going for recognition and Doomsday is less known and the odd man out.

Doesn't make sense that retailers would demand anything like that. It seems all Mattel made after a while were those two. I dunno, but like I said this line is following the Legends formula and seems to have the perfect case mix. A variant would be cool sometime too, and I know retailers dig that.

unless of course retailers ask for them, cause we all know it was the retailers who asked for all the he-man and skeletors for motu.

Toybiz hasn't caved into demand with their Marvel Legends line....What makes Mattel HAVE to?

Exactly. The success of ML is a big factor in Mattel being able to do this line this way. They can do several versions of Batman and Superman that are comic accurate without having to go to silly variations.

Retailers are waking up to superhero figures. Evidence of this are the SMC villain assortments and ML13 being all villains.

The case packouts are really good for this line if it was truly the 3,2,2,1 ratio.

I dont see any Batman or Superman cloggin pegs since most collectors and children will defiently pick it up. And the villains are a no brainer that they are gonna fly off teh shelves.

Hopefully the retailers dont under order these things and we all panic.

Toybiz hasn't caved into demand with their Marvel Legends line....What makes Mattel HAVE to?

HA!!!!!!!!!

You DO know why there are so many hard to find variants in Marvel Legends, right? It's 100% due to retailers. The buyers for these retail chains aren't fans, but they know who Spider-Man and Wolverine are. Wal-Mart specifically has just about everybody over a barrel when it comes to mass market toys. (If you don't believe me, try talking to Josh Blaylock about Wal-Mart and G.I. Joe) If they say you've got to put in 4 Spider-Men to make up for that one Deadpool that they've never heard of and don't think they'll sell...then that's what Toy Biz does. Hate to break it to you, but Toy Biz is absolutely ruled by the retailers.

Not to say they aren't creative. The entire reason for the build-a-figures is that Toy Biz used the fact that people are going to want all the parts to sell Wally World et al on the idea of an (mostly) even casepack.

To the same extent, no...they haven't. But from all accounts, it wan't necessarily Mattel's fault either. At least not as much as has been attributed to them. It's my understanding that Wal-Mart specifically wanted the metric ass-load of Batmen. And supposedly there was some condition on He-Man that actually involved Batman...but I think that story may be more wild speculation than anything else.

As long as it's a Superman/Batman based line, I won't be buying into this at all. Mattel needs to prove that they can release more than Superman and Batman figures at this point

As long as it's a Superman/Batman based line, I won't be buying into this at all. Mattel needs to prove that they can release more than Superman and Batman figures at this point

Well, unfortunately it's the inverse. Mattel has to prove the Superman/Batman figures are successful before being able to go after the larger DCU coverage.

Good point about ML 13 and Spidey villains showing retailers are 'getting it' Thye can't be stupid forever. Oh, and like it was said before, if you want the rest of the DCU (which all of us really, really, want) you have to support this line. That's the deal. Not to mention it won't be hard supporting a killer line of these figs. They are awesome, it's just waiting for WW, GL, Flash, Deathstroke in that stlye that is painstaking. all good things come to those who wait.....and who buy DCSueprheroes in 2006 @hmmm@