Question On Valor Vs. Venom Firefly Bio Card

megatron

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a three pack G.I. Joe Valor vs. Venom Serpentor, Scrap Iron, and Firefly and had a question on Firefly's bio card.

The first sentence reads: "FIREFLY has forgotten more about explosives and detonating devices than most so-called experts have ever known."

Am I missing something here? If he has indeed forgotten, then it doesn't reflect greatly on his character. Is this an error on his bio card?

Thanks

No, I don't think so. I read it as he knows a lot. Seeing he has forgotten more than others will ever know about explosives.

What I don't get is on his filecard (and Stalker's filecard) it says that he volunteered to be a test subject for Mindbender's Venom formula.

Now THAT doesn't reflect greatly on his character.

How so? You can be the best in your field of expertise and still have room for improvement. The CGI movie never established any negative side effects from using the Venom serum aside from the sudden change in General Hawk's personality. The big question is what alpha animal DNA has been incorporated into Firefly's body? Hopefully, a future file card will provide the answer.

OmegaHarbinger

What I don't get is on his filecard (and Stalker's filecard) it says that he volunteered to be a test subject for Mindbender's Venom formula.

How so? You can be the best in your field of expertise and still have room for improvement. The CGI movie never established any negative side effects from using the Venom serum aside from the sudden change in General Hawk's personality. The big question is what alpha animal DNA has been incorporated into Firefly's body? Hopefully, a future file card will provide the answer.

OmegaHarbinger

Well, there's Hawk and lets not forget that all the other Venom troopers are, shall we say, less than stable (they all need "handlers' and such).

OmegaHarbinger

Well, there's Hawk and lets not forget that all the other Venom troopers are, shall we say, less than stable (they all need "handlers' and such).

I didn't really catch that possibility while watching Valor Vs. Venom. I don't think the viewer is meant to believe the Venom serum itself automatically makes you feral and uncontrollable. An essential part of the movie's plot is that Cobra was kidnapping adults and using them as their new army.

I think we should assume Dr. Mindbender instilled some mental controls into the process to make subjects obedient and less indepenent. It's important to keep in mind that General Hawk's transformation was the first of it's kind and it failed prior to Overkill making some adjustments. You raise a very good point which I hadn't considered though.

OmegaHarbinger

If you think about the process, Hawk was injected with several different spicies while the troops were injected with on specifiec one. Hawk was also injected with other stuff something like Serpentor which is what caused his transformation. As far as Firefly is concerned he would have had knowledge of what he was being infected with and it was not to the same degree as Hawk or the Venom Troops. So his transformation would not have been as total as theirs.

I guess Firefly's infection would have been more of an inhansment rather than total remake. That is the big difference.

OmegaHarbinger

I didn't really catch that possibility while watching Valor Vs. Venom. I don't think the viewer is meant to believe the Venom serum itself automatically makes you feral and uncontrollable. An essential part of the movie's plot is that Cobra was kidnapping adults and using them as their new army.

I think we should assume Dr. Mindbender instilled some mental controls into the process to make subjects obedient and less indepenent. It's important to keep in mind that General Hawk's transformation was the first of it's kind and it failed prior to Overkill making some adjustments. You raise a very good point which I hadn't considered though.

OmegaHarbinger

See that too, I can't imagine Firefly wanting to be made obedient and less indepenent to anyone either.