Cult Classics 3

El Kabong

John McClaine from Die Hard

T-800 from T2

Bubba-Ho-Tep from Bubb-Ho-Tep

Fly Boy Zombie from the original Dawn of the Dead

I'm not too interested in the last one, but I like the John McClaine and Bubba-Ho-Tep figures. The T-800 is an unusual choice but if it's done better than the McFarlane version I'm happy. Does anyone know when these are due?

T-800 from T2

I'm not too interested in the last one, but I like the John McClaine and Bubba-Ho-Tep figures. The T-800 is an unusual choice but if it's done better than the McFarlane version I'm happy. Does anyone know when these are due?

Hehe, I love the ground that they are breaking, but the constant re-emergence of stuff that McFarlene did really drives home the fact that any toy that McFarlene has made (including the Sin City toys, the crow, freddy, jason, leatherface, etc) can be made more awesome and better by NECA. For christsake, these people are making a new deathrow marv! That is insane. Also, WOOHOO for the zombie. I am gonna get me an army of sorts.

Bubba looks awsome. I dont really care for the Dawn figures beign releaased in the line. Plaid Zombie in series 4 is another I will not be getting. The John Mclain is form the roof top scene from the first movie. I was hopign for a Die Hard With A Vengence version. There will aslo be a Highlander Box set with this wave. Medeivel versions of Conner and Kurgan. ROCK! Chucky, Elvis and the other zombie were all they announced for series 4. And a Seed of Chucky box set. Hopefully they dont go to 3 figures per wave. I like that Now Playing has three, but Cult Classics should have 4.

• 2 weeks later...

T-800 from T2

I'm not too interested in the last one, but I like the John McClaine and Bubba-Ho-Tep figures.  The T-800 is an unusual choice but if it's done better than the McFarlane version I'm happy.  Does anyone know when these are due?

Hehe, I love the ground that they are breaking, but the constant re-emergence of stuff that McFarlene did really drives home the fact that any toy that McFarlene has made (including the Sin City toys, the crow, freddy, jason, leatherface, etc) can be made more awesome and better by NECA. For christsake, these people are making a new deathrow marv! That is insane. Also, WOOHOO for the zombie. I am gonna get me an army of sorts.

The only figure I feel Neca did better than any other previous McF incarnations was The Crow figure. I never liked Neca's Marv figures even though their basing it on the movie version likeness. McF's Deathrow Marv is visually better than Neca's. Maybe because of the fact that I never liked the look of the movie version Marv.

Cult Classics 2 looks like crap. And if thats any indication that their future lines will look like the same quality, i wont be to enthusiastic with this line. They had a good start with The Crow and went downhill from there.

im definitly getting flyboy cuz zombies are awesome, and im super excited for the T-800, considering i never got the mcfarlane one. hopefully they make some other terminator figures like kyle and sarah, and of course the terminators. maybe a better version of the T-X that isnt permanently looking over her shoulder. John McClaine sounds pretty sweet too. i havent seen bubba ho tep yet, so i cant really comment on that one.

Sometimes I look at the re-making of McFarlane's toys as a "why? it's been done?" I'd love to see something new, like Indiana Jones, Marty McFly, Buckaroo Bonzai, ED 209, etc. But then again I think NECA does a better job the McF most of the time and I hope they manage to make a better Endoskeleton b/c mine is a piece of crap. The legs broke off 5 minutes after opening it and the damn thing doesn't even stand up. Here's to NECA for re-treading the same ground but hopefully doing it better.

Sometimes I look at the re-making of McFarlane's toys as a "why? it's been done?" I'd love to see something new, like Indiana Jones, Marty McFly, Buckaroo Bonzai, ED 209, etc. But then again I think NECA does a better job the McF most of the time and I hope they manage to make a better Endoskeleton b/c mine is a piece of crap. The legs broke off 5 minutes after opening it and the damn thing doesn't even stand up. Here's to NECA for re-treading the same ground but hopefully doing it better.

EXACTLY. The thing with NECA is that their figures are larger, or they don'r break as easily. The sculpt is aproximatly the same for both companies though. And for the record, I do feel that McFarlene beat NECA in terms of Marv. The NECA Marv can really only hold his gun, and isn't nearly as awesome as McFarlene Marv.

(My Robocop toy from McFarlene broke. Alot. I think it's cause the design of the figure has the legs connected to the body at this skinny little peg. Bah. Which is exactly why I like that a new endoskeleton is being made.)

over on neca's myspace page theyve got unpainted shots of mcclane and his base, and the terminators base. they look quite good. if youve got myspace go check it out, since you cant see it without being a member

wow. thats slightly better than what theyve got on myspace :P i forgot neca made the 18 inch endoskeleton. theyll probly just shrink it down like they did with the crow figure. that and flyboy are gonna be must buys. the McClane figure makes me wanna watch die hard again cuz i havent seen it in probly 3 years. man, thats an awesome line up. mcfarlane should just give up with movie maniacs