Wave 3 Dtc

SKARAPZ

I don't really see what the big deal is abou that particular character.  He appeared in what, 2 or 3 issues at most and killed some Joes?

Although, I like the idea of making a "leader" type with the same body but a different head.

I think thats just it......it was because he killed so many joes. Its always been all the joes survive or one or two unknown characters here or there die. But finally a soldier class unknown saw viper comes up and just blast away joes we've grown up with. Add in the fact that the trucial abysmia storyline was so well developed and boom u have a hit

I agree 100%. I read that issue for the first time a short time ago, and it blew me away. I knew what was going to happen, and it still shocked me. I kinda liked the idea that the lowly SAW Viper went on to become Overkill. But even as just a SAW Viper, he held his own spot in Joe history. I still can't get over the amount of death in that storyline. I could only imagine what it would have been like if I were a kid reading that.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see what the big deal is abou that particular character.  He appeared in what, 2 or 3 issues at most and killed some Joes?

Although, I like the idea of making a "leader" type with the same body but a different head.

I think thats just it......it was because he killed so many joes. Its always been all the joes survive or one or two unknown characters here or there die. But finally a soldier class unknown saw viper comes up and just blast away joes we've grown up with. Add in the fact that the trucial abysmia storyline was so well developed and boom u have a hit

I agree 100%. I read that issue for the first time a short time ago, and it blew me away. I knew what was going to happen, and it still shocked me. I kinda liked the idea that the lowly SAW Viper went on to become Overkill. But even as just a SAW Viper, he held his own spot in Joe history. I still can't get over the amount of death in that storyline. I could only imagine what it would have been like if I were a kid reading that.

I remember for awhile after the Invasion of Springfield I put joe down because it got a little to weirdo and alot of comic shops stopped carrying it. Years later I picked up 111 issue with the Ninja Force(SE, SS, Jinx, Scarlett) jumping out of a helicopter. The art was so freaking realistic and the dialougue was fantastic in that entire Trucial Abysmia run. I scrambled to pick up all the issues b4 that and after that. I'll never forget cover 113 with Roadblock, Muskrat and TunnelRat in the sewer. Whoever drew that cover was awesome....the way TR looked....spectacular. Who can forget Ole Cool Breeze and the heroic/messed up way he died in 112(lets get a figure of him please !!!!)? Oh man and lets not forget the death of BF2000...and when Sneek Peek died in 113. I never really liked him much as a character or a figure, but after reading that issue and the way Dusty carried him back...man I had a new respect for him. The entire Trucial Abysmia storyline was so tight and well thought out. Add to the fact that the 1st Gulf War was going on that time made it even more believable. In my opinion the last best issue of the entire joe marvel run was the last in the TA run. It was the one where SlipStream and GhostRider had to sneek in downtown TA and get a snapshot of the Terrordrome and barely made it out alive I think it was issue 115. After that we got eco and ninja crap and the characters looked very cartoony.

At the moment, I'm most excited about Low-Light finally receiving a new action figure. Of course, that's pretty obvious based on my signature space.  ;) Med-Alert sounds the least interesting to me but that could change when photos are available. He/she doesn't have the benefit of nostalgia but neither did Medi-Viper and I like him best of all from DTC wave 1.

I'll certainly buy both comic 3 packs and one of each single carded figure. Even though I don't like this trend towards Joes being known by their full name, I have to admit it is a good way to learn their real names by heart.

OmegaHarbinger

Oh man the MediViper does have nostalgia on its side. Granted not figure wise, but fromt he comic they have a good following

Yeah, I knew that although not from first hand experience. I haven't read a Marvel G.I. Joe comic book featuring a Medi-Viper yet but I remember reading that they exist. Do you happen to know where they made their first appearance?

OmegaHarbinger

At the moment, I'm most excited about Low-Light finally receiving a new action figure. Of course, that's pretty obvious based on my signature space.  ;) Med-Alert sounds the least interesting to me but that could change when photos are available. He/she doesn't have the benefit of nostalgia but neither did Medi-Viper and I like him best of all from DTC wave 1.

I'll certainly buy both comic 3 packs and one of each single carded figure. Even though I don't like this trend towards Joes being known by their full name, I have to admit it is a good way to learn their real names by heart.

OmegaHarbinger

Oh man the MediViper does have nostalgia on its side. Granted not figure wise, but fromt he comic they have a good following

Yeah, I knew that although not from first hand experience. I haven't read a Marvel G.I. Joe comic book featuring a Medi-Viper yet but I remember reading that they exist. Do you happen to know where they made their first appearance?

OmegaHarbinger

I sure dont, but it will give me a reason to pull out the ole collection and find out.

OmegaHarbinger

Well, the Medi-Viper, regardless of nostalgia, has always been a much needed character in Cobra.

But Med-Alert, evertime I read the name I think "I've fallen and I can't get up!" Whatever they call this character when he/she finally appears, I'm changing it back to Crash Cart.

And as for the full name thing, if that is what it takes to get a new Outback, for example, and not getting one because of the name issue (Big Brawler...) I'd rather they did the full name thing.

Does anyone know which joes are left on the Amazon list from a few months ago? Assuming that it doesn't change we should know who's going to be in wave 4.

I have to admit that I'm dissappointed with the 2nd comic pack too. I was really hoping to get some new or obscure characters with this one, but once again we get the most over used figures in the line. There's a lot of characters I'd like to see before these guys. Billy, Dr.Venom, Dr. Knox, Zanya, Alexander, Mistress Armada, Cool Breeze, The Saw Viper, Wraith, Heart Wrencher, any of the dead joes, not to mention joes who've never gotten a remake. Hopefully, we don't get another pack like this in wave 4.

Ok I'm workin of a generator now after bloody Wilma came on by. I gotta say that if this list rings true I am one happy camper with the new comic packs. Here's hoping we get comic packs of:

Alexander Destro, Mistress Armada, Wraith

Modern Serpentor, Overlord, Overkill (pre cybernetics)

Pictures man...I just can't get enthused (to full potential anyway) without pics! ^_^

Sounds good...but so has a few blind dates I had!

Does anyone know which joes are left on the Amazon list from a few months ago?  Assuming that it doesn't change we should know who's going to be in wave 4.

I think the remaining figures where:

Falcon

Outback

Muntia

Cobra Officer

NightViper

and one other figure that I can't seem to remember.

Quick thoughts:

Grand Slam: Updates to the original roster are always welcome, and hes waited longer than any.

Low-Light: Again, hes been needed in the new-sculpt line for awhile.

Med-Alert: We've waited three years for a medic in the new sculpts, so its overdue. Personally, I hope this character is based on the "Reloaded" version of Doc, she could be written in as a niece/cousin/little sister to the original Doc (I don't care for the idea of Joes having kids/parents on the roster, affects the character age too much).

Monkey-Wrench: Should be interesting to see what they come up with. We need at least one Dreadnok in a black leather jacket at some point in time.

Cobra Trooper: Anyone else thinking CLAWS torso here? Only real change I'd like to see is an optional visor for the helmet (IMO Cobra troop outfits should be able to cover all flesh).

SAW-Viper: Will be interesting, but I don't see needing a huge amount of these guys, or most Cobra heavy-weapons troops. I would like to see more Incinerators/Shock-Vipers flamethrower types tho.

Comic pack 26: Could be really interesting, but lets see what they come up with.

Comic Pack DD16: Covergirl looks really good, and the Spirit has slightly better colors than the single-pack. The other figure isn't all that interesting tho.

+-MWG-+

Funny... out of the Comic pack 16 Hannibal is the one im most excited about... Not my favorite new character from the Devils Due run, but for some reason I'm just most excited about the new characters now adays.... Im looking forward to having him. Although I'd much rather have Heartwrencher, or Firewall, or Wraith.

Phanstar

Back on sep 11 I asked yopu guys to predict what waves 3 and 4 will be based on the amazon list.

On Sep 11 Sephron13 guessed it right, if Skarpaz's info is right. Heres Seph's post! NO you don't win anything!

<<<<<Wow, I'm REALLY jonesing for a new Low-Light!

Wave 3:

Low-Light

Grand Slam

Crashcart

Cobra Trooper

SAW Viper

Monkey Wrench

Wave 4:

Falcon

Airtight

Outback

Munitia

Night Viper

Cobra Officer

I think JayC said it best...Joe fans have quite a bit to be excited about!!>>>>>

If ya'll were wondering what I guessed, swap wave 3 and 4, then swap Low-Light for Outback! Pretty much guessed the right assortments but the wrong order for the waves.

Funny... out of the Comic pack 16 Hannibal is the one im most excited about... Not my favorite new character from the Devils Due run, but for some reason I'm just most excited about the new characters now adays....  Im looking forward to having him.  Although I'd much rather have Heartwrencher, or Firewall, or Wraith.

Phanstar

Bah, I demanded the Serpentor pack! Still, I'm pretty geeked about getting Hannibal. Since they went ahead and sculpted the Serpy helmet, I wonder if there's a chance that a mold exists for him...

I also really like the addition of the coat Hannibal and Cover Girl are sporting. Maybe we'll see fuller-length coats that can be put to use for Red Shadow figures.

Does anyone know which joes are left on the Amazon list from a few months ago?  Assuming that it doesn't change we should know who's going to be in wave 4.

Falcon

Outback

Muntia

Cobra Officer

NightViper

Airtight!

Falcon

Outback

Munitia

Night Viper

Cobra Officer

Also there was a BET transmitter

and a Dreadnok vehicle w/Machete

Other known stuff out there are a 3 3/4 inch sigma Six CC, a V3 Firefly in old school colors, and a rumored comic pack featuring Lady Jaye!

Funny... out of the Comic pack 16 Hannibal is the one im most excited about... Not my favorite new character from the Devils Due run, but for some reason I'm just most excited about the new characters now adays....  Im looking forward to having him.  Although I'd much rather have Heartwrencher, or Firewall, or Wraith.

Phanstar

Bah, I demanded the Serpentor pack! Still, I'm pretty geeked about getting Hannibal. Since they went ahead and sculpted the Serpy helmet, I wonder if there's a chance that a mold exists for him...

I also really like the addition of the coat Hannibal and Cover Girl are sporting. Maybe we'll see fuller-length coats that can be put to use for Red Shadow figures.

If they had given us a Cover Girl a year ago, I bet the Serpentor pack would have won.

Funny, especially since we've already GOTTEN a Serpentor in a comic pack.

Falcon

Outback

Muntia

Cobra Officer

NightViper

Airtight!

Falcon

Outback

Munitia

Night Viper

Cobra Officer

Also there was a BET transmitter

and a Dreadnok vehicle w/Machete

Other known stuff out there are a 3 3/4 inch sigma Six CC, a V3 Firefly in old school colors, and a rumored comic pack featuring Lady Jaye!

Oh and the Mech Walker too.

Phanstar

I am sure that eventually we will get a serpentor in a comic pack, perhaps we will see this at the next con when they show the new stuff to come? Who knows!

Um... We already got a Serpentor in a comic pack.

I don't really care about Monkeywrench one way or the other, and of course I don't know about the new medic guy...but I'm lovin' the other 4 figure choices. If those lists for wave 4 are accurate, we should be in for some treats.

Comic packs...meh. The only figure there I'm excited for is Cover Girl. The only other Snake Eyes I -ever- want to see is Breakdancin' Snake Eyes.

Um... We already got a Serpentor in a comic pack.

I guess I should re word that ;) , I am sure that we will get a new sculpt of serpentor DD (or some kind of version) in a comic pack since we got a RAH resculpt already for the marvel series. I just feel that they are/were working on a new sculpt for him since so many people like him.