New Titanium Vehicles

Wheeljack35

jedidefender.com

Entertainment Earth brings us images of the upcoming Titanium Ultra and regular Titanium lines!

TitanUltraARC.jpgTitanUltraTRI.jpg

The first two vehicles in the Titanium Ultra line will be the ARC-170 Starfighter and the Droid TRI-Fighter. These die-cast vehicles are in a similar scale as the previously retired Action Fleet line.

TitaniumWave1.jpg

We also see continuation of the basic Titanium series with 4 ships in Wave 1 of 2006. Hasbro will be adding the element of the chase figure since the TIE Fighter will be limited to 1 per case.

1x Treasure Hunt TIE Fighter

4x Jedi Attack Cruiser

3x Clone Tank

4x Speeder Bike with Trooper

And don't forget, in 2006, the Titanium line will no longer be exclusive to Wal-Mart.

I have still yet to find even one of the buggers in stores. Luckily I alreay havethe ones I want from the original run.

Still when in 2006 when Wal-Mart loses exclusivity, I hope they're better distributed and easier to find because there are a couple of new ones that interest me.

New Vehicles

Titanium Series Gift Set 2 Found

This Titanium Series Gift Set follows the surprisingly strong selling previous 5-pack Gift Set, but in my opinion is much less appealing. It lacks the unifying ROTS theme of the first set as well as the multicolored variety, opting instead for a muddled mishmash of random ships all in grayish and dark colors. The box background is a darker gray this time, making the ships stand out even less in the package. There is also an awkward new sticker front and center on the box which almost completely obscures the Raw Metal ship from view! There is no appealing new ship debuting here, like the Obi-Wan Starfighter in the last set, although two of these ships are straight rereleases of the rarer 1st Titanium single pack wave. The jury's out on whether this will repeat the strong sales of the last set or be a big dud like the Action Fleet-scale Titanium ships have seemingly turned out to be at $20 a pop.

Guest James31278

Holy sh*t the Jedi Republic Cruiser. A Victory Class Star Destroyer would be nice, allegedly the Victory was around during the clone wars yet we never saw it. they oughta do capital ship action fleet and titanium, I mean more than this cruiser and a star destroyer. They did make the Super Star Destroyer Executor back in the 90's and the Death star. They should think about bringing them back, also making a Death Star II.

There's nothing wrong with them, but man, there is sooo much SW stuff now that I dont' know what to choose & where to stop! :o

Just stickin to the 3 3/4 fig's & a few rides..

Guest James31278
There are several ships they had planned for Action Fleet before it got canned. Some great ships too. I hope we'll see them at some point.

Actually I still have a picture of the old Action Fleet Mon Calamari Cruiser toy.

Guest James31278

The assault cruiser wasn't cancelled though. I would definitely get the Star Destroyer and Death Star AF if they came out.

The assault cruiser wasn't cancelled though. I would definitely get the Star Destroyer and Death Star AF if they came out.

no, not all on that list were cancelled, that list just happens to be where the cancelled stuff is.

Guest James31278
The assault cruiser wasn't cancelled though.  I would definitely get the Star Destroyer and Death Star AF if they came out.

no, not all on that list were cancelled, that list just happens to be where the cancelled stuff is.

Yep.

• 3 months later...

Slave-1 and the snowspeeder on that page look terrific, but again I'm going to have to pass on these like I passed on the tri fighter and arc-170 because of the way they screwed them onto that huge base. Why they didn't keep them the way they were in wave 1 with the smaller base is beyond me. Making them unremovable from the base is just a bad move imho.

These are pretty cool, and with a $5 price point, they're definitely worth picking up, especially now with the new SAGA/OTC '06 waves being mostly rehashes/repaints. I really don't need a 12th Vader or 30th R2, but instead picked up several of these Titanium Ships, and can't wait for the rest. I'm not too much into the bigger scale ones for $20, but the small ones are perfect when you're out on a Star Wars hunt and can't find anything but these, so at least you don't come home empty handed!

Pat