True Gritt Customs-update-

Guest DavAnthony

Guest DavAnthony

Unfortunately money is really tight right now so I opened up shop for now inorder to make some extra cash. This is a commission piece I did for one of the members over at Joecustoms. I based it on his specifications and what he was looking for. I had been interested in doing an updated version of the classic Duke figure for awhile and this commision gave me a reason.

I tried some new things with this custom, primarily sculpting wrinkles to the upper shoulder where the shoulder ball joint is. I also had to sand away the map on Roadblock's left leg. It took some time but I was glad with how it turned out.

I snapped some quick pictures before I sent Duke off to his new home, so I thought some of you would enjoy seeing it.

I'm not sure how I"m going to organize commission peices at the actual site yet so for now it won't be on the webpage.

Parts:

Head-Blowtorch

Torso-VvsV Gung Ho

Waist, Legs-Roadblock

Arms-Barrel Roll

Gloves-Duke

dukecl1.jpg

dukecl2.jpg

dukecl3.jpg

dukecl4.jpg

dukecl6.jpg

dukecl7.jpg

dukecl8.jpg

dukecl9.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave

Guest DavAnthony

As always I appreciate people taking the time to type some comments, compliments, suggestions etc.

To answer some questions;

GILTYONE-I'm just doing commission pieces for people at this point. The figures on the site are the ones in my own collection. Those actual figures aren't going to be up for sale, but I'm currently making customs for someone who wants copies of some of the customs on the site.

RevSears-The Duke figure's height is inbetween Valor vs Venom and the Joe vs Cobra figures. So next to most of Valor vs. Venom he would be "slightly" taller. He is about (although a little bit shorter) then the Joe vs Cobra Scarlet we got a few years ago.

Thanks againi everyone!

Dave

:oDaaaaaaaaamn!!

That's...without a doubt....thee most awesome-ess DUKE custom, thy eyes have ever seen!!!

That's just plain a simply a PERFECT Duke figure man!

Great work Dav! I really like your version of Duke.

I absolutely love what you did with the hair sculpting. This is one badass Duke!

the sculpting is great, but I would have rather seen him leave the hair as is from the Blowtorch figure, considering it is more accurate of the v1 figure and art. http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/83/duke.shtml

that boxier hair for Duke didn't become a characteristic of the character until later versions. that being said, I do want to reiterate that I love the work, as I have already stated at joecustoms.

Guest DavAnthony

Sorry for the delay in responding, it's been a pretty busy week.

Viper Hunter-Thank you my brother in arms :) I'm glad you like it. This is how I would of liked to of "re-launced" the line.

Cobra Command-Thanks! For me the crew cut really gives him an attitude that I like.

BrotherShane-Thanks, athough using the torso was Bucky's choice over at Joecustoms. So the credit for that has to go to him.

gscbr-I hear you. I had actually tried to keep the regular hair style from the first figure when I made my first Duke custom a few years back. I found that the crew cut gave him a lot more attitude which was what I had decided I liked about the subsequent Duke figures since Version 1. I also wanted to "udpate" the aspects of the first figure that I felt were kind of dated so Duke's hair fell into that group. Thanks again though for the comments

RoyalMarine-Thanks and thanks again for letting me know about the site

Spike-Thanks and I'm glad you like the other figures I've done as well.

falcon7-Thank you I'm glad you like it

blaster_e11-Thank you and I like your sig :)

NiteWing73-Thank you

Marvel_Joe_Spider-I like the head on the figure to. It really gives across the type of attitude I wanted the figure to have. Almost looks like Duke is ready to chomp down on a cigar.

Rattler-It would be pretty cool if Hasbro picked up some of the great customizers on the web that really make amazing customs and had them work for them. I think they would really clean house in regards to figure sales.

Thanks again for the compliments everyone

Dave