What Is With The E-hobby Minibot Set Lately?

TheCasualOblivion

What is with this E-Hobby exclusive set lately? For months and months you didn't see them anywhere, and now Ebay is flooded with them and they're selling for $150-250 dollars. The only other exclusives from that set going at those sort of prices are Sunstorm and Astrotrain. Those two I understand. Its supply and demand, and those two are undoubtably the most desirable figures of the line. But the minibot set just isn't that cool. I didn't find it that interesting when it was released, and I put a low priority on it for a long time until about 9 months ago I couldn't find it anywhere.

What bothers me most is that these were impossible to find on Ebay for a long time, and now there's been close to ten of them in October alone. For one of the crappier E-Hobby exclusives.

I just don't get it.

But the minibot set just isn't that cool. I didn't find it that interesting when it was released, and I put a low priority on it for a long time until about 9 months ago I couldn't find it anywhere.

Clearly not everyone thinks like you then. Some people obviously think it's that great. And/or its the collector mentality, eg "gotta catch em all." And believe me that price is the least of some people's concerns.

the mini bots set is something I think everyone can definatly live without. Go get yourself a nice Jetfire or set of Dinobots for that price.

I agree. If you're lucky, you can get all the DInobots loose for that.

Original mini-bots are for the most part worthless, too. I don't see why people would pay that for reissues because Bumblebee has a different head, or the repaint E-Hobby set.

the mini bots set is something I think everyone can definatly live without.  Go get yourself a nice Jetfire or set of Dinobots for that price.

I agree. If you're lucky, you can get all the DInobots loose for that.

Original mini-bots are for the most part worthless, too. I don't see why people would pay that for reissues because Bumblebee has a different head, or the repaint E-Hobby set.

Already have a Jetfire @smilepunch@

Also already have Slag and Sludge, $200 would easily grab the other three...

I can understand paying crazy money for Sunstorm or Astrotrain(the other two expensive E-Hobbys) but not the Minibots. I must confess I did recently buy one in this price range, but that was only to finish an otherwise complete E-Hobby set. Unless a lot of completists are lacking just the Minibots, I don't really understand the price.

I originally passed on the Minibots because I thought they were one of the lamer E-Hobby exclusives. I had every opportunity to get it for $49.99 back then. I started from scratch on my E-Hobby set with Astrotrain(which I got for $49.99), but skipped the Minibots for a long time since they were still going for $50 and they were pretty much the exclusive I least wanted. It was only when I got pretty close to completion that I noticed the Minibots were both impossible to find and going for over $100. I never would have expected the Minibots to skyrocket in price.

I can't really complain that much. I've gotten some insane deals on some of these exclusives(Astrotrain New $50, Sunstorm loose $50, Crosscut/Silver Skids $25 loose, Anime Bluestreak MISB $40, Road Rage/Red Tracks $27 MISB) I can live with paying insane money for one of them, and I'm not waiting ever again at this point.

Didn't we just have this same topic like a month ago ?

Ohhh right sorry, I forgot Transfans like to repeat the same topics over and over again @lol@

Or in TCO's case, every time he opens his mouth @smilepunch@ (j/k TCO)

Nah, we just get bored easy @bounce@