Sigma Six Is Not Selling Well Is Store.

GTA Sith

Who the hell are you to tell me I'm trolling, I just don't support this line at all, second My heart is with the 3/4 inch line that I collected. I think this topic should be locked because I guess that I should post at the G.I. Joe forum anymore because you guy like to make fun of my english.

You don't have to support Sigma Six. You don't have to even acknowledge it exists with DTC.

But you are trolling when damn near EVERY POST you make in regards to GI Joe emphasizes the fact you hate the line, as if your signature doesn't make it clear.

The whole point of this thread (which YOU started) was to say "bring the old guys back BECAUSE Sigma Six is not selling" From the personal experiences of many of the members, that is simply not the case.

You love 3.75. Fine, hell, I like Sigma Six and have only bought one figure, but most of the DTC products offered.

You hate Sigma Six. Fine. But you don't need to constantly promote that. You don't see all the S6 lovers post:

"That new Barrel Roll is neat, but would be better if it were Sigma Six" or "Nice collection, but where is Sigma Six?"

I was not making fun of your grammatical skills, but I simply have difficulty reading some of your posts.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW this topic is still not over yet, well for one I don't like it when people make fun of my english one here. I try my best on here so don't ever started it ok. For one thing I don't like about Sigma Sux is that the look of the figure, and it not as RAH was.

Sith, I don't mind your english. What bothers me is the "Sigma Sux" label. That irritates me more than anything.

Went out of town for our fall break from school, about fifty/sixty miles I guess, maybe more, and when I went to their Wal-Mart and asked about Sigma SIX (Sith, that's aimed at you...) @smilepunch@ the lady in the toy department said they were sold out. I also went to the local K-Mart where I did find three Snake-Eyes, a Storm Shadow, and three Ninja bikes. (Then they had two after I left... (lol)) Never did find Duke or Spirit unfortunately...

I'm not trying to keep the "Yeah, Sigma Six is flying on the shelves!!" cheer going here. I'm just reporting what I'm seeing personally since I've been out and about so much lately.

I think everyone needs to chill out. There is a lot of good points on this board, but I think you are all missing one thing. maybe, Hasbro is using the same brand to go after many different markets in the same way other companies do. .

Sigma 6 and the DTC RAH line are focused on different consumers. There is overlap where some customers would like both but, more often than not, people usually choose.

For example, if you take the chocolate bar industry, instead of making new products, they take existing brands, and come up with different formats to reach a greater market. M&M's does this with peanut, regular, almond and know the new Mega ones. Also, some of the others are offering the same bar in dark or white chocolate.

I think hasbro did a great job with Sigma 6, although I am not interested in it, and I also think they are doing a good job with the DTC RAH line. I am a big fan of the major bludd figure.

I am interested in the comic packs myself, and really like the first

8 they did.

With nothing to substantiate any of this, all we can ever do is speculate what Hasbro might have been intending.

I think Hasbro's word in regards to this matter substantiates it. there is a differene between keeping fans in the dark or changing stories to the fans and an annual report to let investors to know what is going on.

unless there is evidence to the contrary of Hasbro's word, your position is simply fantasy so you can continue to defend your own position which has been proven wrong. I don't mean that as an insult, just that at some point you are going to have to relent your position which has been disputed with as good as evidence as their can be or else you are going to just come off as a blow hard who rants and raves just to do so and no one will take anything you say seriously. I'd hope you'd care whether people take you seriously, unless you simply talk to hear yourself talk :D

Where do you get your "facts" from, and has everything you've ever been told, by those you WANT to believe, never been discovered later, to be....not necessarily 100% accurate?

I'm not getting enough info here, that would let me know you really even know what you're talking about, and rather than cite them here for me, you're just throwing around obnoxious assertions to my "ignorance" of the matter, and moreso if I should choose to continue to dispute the ideas you want me to grasp hold of, by your word alone.

While you may hope that I "take myself seriously"...I think it's pretty clear you have no such problem taking yourself seriously. :rolleyes:

@hmmm@ oh, and no offense of course!

WOW this topic is still not over yet,

It was..until you revived it! @smilepunch@

well for one I don't like it when people make fun of my english one here. I try my best on here so don't ever started it ok.

Just out of honest curiousity...what is your nationality? You're in Baltimore I see, but obviously ENGLISH is not your first language. Also, your age would be interesting to know as well, seeing how you state you grew up with 3 3/4" ARAH figures, would that put you in your mid 20's or so?

Just curious! ^_^

Hey I told you don't make fun of me ok.

I give up on ya then!

sitinthecornerdumbass2fb.png

With nothing to substantiate any of this, all we can ever do is speculate what Hasbro might have been intending.

I think Hasbro's word in regards to this matter substantiates it. there is a differene between keeping fans in the dark or changing stories to the fans and an annual report to let investors to know what is going on.

unless there is evidence to the contrary of Hasbro's word, your position is simply fantasy so you can continue to defend your own position which has been proven wrong. I don't mean that as an insult, just that at some point you are going to have to relent your position which has been disputed with as good as evidence as their can be or else you are going to just come off as a blow hard who rants and raves just to do so and no one will take anything you say seriously. I'd hope you'd care whether people take you seriously, unless you simply talk to hear yourself talk :D

Where do you get your "facts" from, and has everything you've ever been told, by those you WANT to believe, never been discovered later, to be....not necessarily 100% accurate?

I'm not getting enough info here, that would let me know you really even know what you're talking about, and rather than cite them here for me, you're just throwing around obnoxious assertions to my "ignorance" of the matter, and moreso if I should choose to continue to dispute the ideas you want me to grasp hold of, by your word alone.

While you may hope that I "take myself seriously"...I think it's pretty clear you have no such problem taking yourself seriously. :rolleyes:

@hmmm@ oh, and no offense of course!

read Hasbro's annual report. it's available for you to read. I like how you dismiss empirical facts because you simply want to not believe something else, and think hypothetical situations that can never be proven are the same as a sound possibility or an argument.

sure, we may never know 100% what was in the minds at every second of every decision made by a Hasbro exec, but what they say is all we have and it counts. fine, maybe Hasbro exec thought about it being an integration of the two lines but never told anyone, and then decided against it. do you think that substantiates your point? hardly. it was just an idea that did not come to fruition. all that matters is the final decision that was made, and Hasbro has stated it. look it up before you try to dispute facts. if you need assistance I'll gladly guide you, although I suspect you are too proud to admit you don't know where to look because it would only reinforce that you don't know what you are talking about.

what if, what if, what if. will you ever just be satisifed and believe simply what is? I'm sure the cartoon is not a conspiracy.

I know I don't always know what I'm talking about, but can you admit to the same? ^_^

Until you can prove that what I'm saying isn't accurate, then I guess I'll just stick to my own theories.

I'm not quite at that point to where I believe everything Hasbro states to be the gospel, as these very message boards and those on here (like yourself) who like to help them along in their blowing of thee ol' smoke up our butts, has given me the very reason to which I tend to doubt MORE than I accept. I have read posts by those that rubbed elbows with the hasbro folks at a convention, and vehemently defend them against something being rumored, only to be proven wrong in doing so. Annual reports don't mean much to me, especially when I see people still trying to perpetuate the big bad bully Walmart myth.

You want to stand with the invisible and untouchable Hasbro forces, and I prefer to roll around in the gutters with the fanbase, and just have fun with it, becuase you know what...in the end, it just doesn't really mean a whole lot, to try and defend what I can't possibly have any control over if I even wanted to.

They'll just do what they feel it necessary to do, and I'll just keep stating my opinion on it, and you'll just keep trying to politely insult my intelligence, over why I continue to think what I think, when you think you've shown me something that should dispute it. ;)

I know I don't always know what I'm talking about, but can you admit to the same?   ^_^

Until you can prove that what I'm saying isn't accurate, then I guess I'll just stick to my own theories.

I'm not quite at that point to where I believe everything Hasbro states to be the gospel, as these very message boards and those on here (like yourself) who like to help them along in their blowing of thee ol' smoke up our butts, has given me the very reason to which I tend to doubt MORE than I accept.  I have read posts by those that rubbed elbows with the hasbro folks at a convention, and vehemently defend them against something being rumored, only to be proven wrong in doing so.   Annual reports don't mean much to me, especially when I see people still trying to perpetuate the big bad bully Walmart myth.

You want to stand with the invisible and untouchable Hasbro forces, and I prefer to roll around in the gutters with the fanbase, and just have fun with it, becuase you know what...in the end, it just doesn't really mean a whole lot, to try and defend what I can't possibly have any control over if I even wanted to.

They'll just do what they feel it necessary to do, and I'll just keep stating my opinion on it, and you'll just keep trying to politely insult my intelligence, over why I continue to think what I think, when you think you've shown me something that should dispute it.   ;)

I can't prove your opinions wrong because they are nothing but opinions without any evidence to back up so their is nothing to prove wrong. it is just possibility after possibility.

that would be like my saying it is possible that Snake Eyes was once considered to be a female character and prove me wrong that nobody at hasbro at that time ever considered it and if they say they didn't that they are absolutely 100% telling the truth. see, you can't, because i can always accuse them as being liars (which is your argument) which would be a weakness in my argument and not your ability to dispute it. that is essentially how you are defending your position, and it is absent of any type of logic whatsoever.

and there is a difference between Hasbro's public stance to collectors and their lying to investors. see, this is where you are forced to provide evidence of your position as to why would Hasbro, who wrote their annual report long before the 3 3/4" hiatus was announced and thus at the time may have intended for both lines to appear at retail simultaneously, still state that the cartoon was designed to promote the new figures. explain that. there is nothing for them to gain with such a stance, but more to lose, so why would they do so.

you can't because you aren't interested in the truth, only interested in continuing to rant and rave about possibilities that can't be proven nor disproven, but which you want everyone to believe anyways simply because it is a possibility.

The cartoon isn't promting the DTC line. But the real question is when it was devolpment was it devolped with the idea of promoting them both in mind. I think it was. Animation take a long time...and I have always felt the move to the DTC was a last min change (well as last min as it can with having to come up with new packings and such). I think there are LOTS of stuff, and not just the vehicles, that come from the 3 3/4 line. I have serious doubts will see figure like Buzzer,Machette, or the Non-Ninja Bat in Sigma 6 form and that those characters like the vehicles is based on the 3 3/4 line.

Who the hell are you to tell me I'm trolling, I just don't support this line at all, second My heart is with the 3/4 inch line that I collected. I think this topic should be locked because I guess that I should post at the G.I. Joe forum anymore because you guy like to make fun of my english.

You don't have to support Sigma Six. You don't have to even acknowledge it exists with DTC.

But you are trolling when damn near EVERY POST you make in regards to GI Joe emphasizes the fact you hate the line, as if your signature doesn't make it clear.

The whole point of this thread (which YOU started) was to say "bring the old guys back BECAUSE Sigma Six is not selling" From the personal experiences of many of the members, that is simply not the case.

You love 3.75. Fine, hell, I like Sigma Six and have only bought one figure, but most of the DTC products offered.

You hate Sigma Six. Fine. But you don't need to constantly promote that. You don't see all the S6 lovers post:

"That new Barrel Roll is neat, but would be better if it were Sigma Six" or "Nice collection, but where is Sigma Six?"

I was not making fun of your grammatical skills, but I simply have difficulty reading some of your posts.

Very well said. Sith whether you want to admit it or not you have been a troll for a while now.

Draven

WOW this topic is still not over yet,

It was..until you revived it! @smilepunch@

well for one I don't like it when people make fun of my english one here. I try my best on here so don't ever started it ok.

Just out of honest curiousity...what is your nationality? You're in Baltimore I see, but obviously ENGLISH is not your first language. Also, your age would be interesting to know as well, seeing how you state you grew up with 3 3/4" ARAH figures, would that put you in your mid 20's or so?

Just curious! ^_^

Hey I told you don't make fun of me ok.

I give up on ya then!

sitinthecornerdumbass2fb.png

@loll@

Draven

Guys,

Remember unless you own stock in hasbro or work for them, who cares. This is meant to be an interesting hobby, so none of you need to fight to the death over this issue. If sigma 6 stays great, if DTC stays great as well. The fact that there is going to be wave 3 and 4 is a good thing.

Also, if someone is not as articulate, who cares, no need to make fun of the guy, last I checked we were on a toy board not in grammar class.

I think we should change the topic, to something more interesting.

S6 is selling well at the TRU I work at, though as others here have said, that really doesn't say anything. But I know for sure that its at least catching the interest of people who had no interest in it at all, one of them being me. I normally buy TFs, but S6 SE, SS, and Duke are my FIRST EVER GIJoe purchases.

And yeah you can look down upon me as a newb or poser or whatever, but hey every fan has to start somewhere :P .

OK, so here's an overall summary so we can close this (way too long) post down for good:

Sigma 6 is selling well in some areas.

Sigma 6 is selling so-so in other areas.

Sigma 6 is not selling well in still other areas.

Bottom line, Hasbro will do what they see fit with the line, and run 8" figures until they deem the time right to bring back 3 3/4" figures. SOOOOOO, all the arguing going on here won't change anything that Hasbro has set up already. Either enjoy Sigma 6, or don't. No one is making anyone buy Sigma 6. If it sells, it sells. If not, then so be it.

Things have actually changed in my area in the last couple of weeks. It's gone from not selling at all (I was the only one buying them) to selling ok. At least one other person has been buying S6 from my local Wal-Mart. They've restocked now 3 times and I'd say they've sold maybe 8-10 figures out of those 3 cases (18 figures) And they have sold 2 Hovercycles out of a single case of 4. I didn't buy the Cycle so either 1 person bought 2, or 2 people bought one each. No Roleplaying guns have sold however.

I can't prove your opinions wrong because they are nothing but opinions without any evidence to back up so their is nothing to prove wrong.  it is just possibility after possibility. 

I think I forget what it is EXACTLY we're suppose to be arguing about? @hmmm@

I think I made an assertion about the piss poor marketing strategy Hasbro must have incorporated, in getting Sigma Six launched, and you took exception to it, because you pride yourself as something of a marketing expert yourself (of some kind?) Not sure on that, but that's what I'm recalling for now, and to be honest, it doesn't matter all that much, just keep in mind that it was you, that defended hasbro against my pessimitic attitude, and started in with the "ignorant" and other such personalized comments, against my rants.

I haven't taken it personal, but it does get tiresome as you just keep it up in each response.

My contention is with Hasbro..yours is with me for what I think about the issue in question, so should I assume you have a connection to Hasbro, over being just a regular Joe, collector/customizer, like the rest of us here, and are taking it more personal? You can't speak for ALL marketing strategies in the business world, because you possibly have some insight on how it's SUPPOSE to be done, and you should know by now, that most of my rebuttals have merely questioned the idea, that you might think you do.

I'm not calling you ignorant in your beliefs, and you may very well be right, but when you come on as arrogantly as what you tend to do, in defense of some of this nit picking we all do about toys and the people who make them, you don't give me much reason to take anything you say as being any more valid, than what I'm striving at.

and there is a difference between Hasbro's public stance to collectors and their lying to investors.  see, this is where you are forced to provide evidence of your position as to why would Hasbro, who wrote their annual report long before the 3 3/4" hiatus was announced and thus at the time may have intended for both lines to appear at retail simultaneously, still state that the cartoon was designed to promote the new figures.  explain that.  there is nothing for them to gain with such a stance, but more to lose, so why would they do so.

To be honest, what friggin difference would it have made to state it's to promote one line or the other? Would investors have backed away if they had stated it was to promote just the 3 3/4" line? I can't say for certain when what was decided and to what it was going to be done to, for or against, but so far, you haven't given me anything concrete, on why your assertions are more probable over mine. This pessimism of mine isn't just something I've decided arbitrarily to present of myself, on here, but more like something I've acquired from reading all the false stories and theories thrown around.

you can't because you aren't interested in the truth, only interested in continuing to rant and rave about possibilities that can't be proven nor disproven, but which you want everyone to believe anyways simply because it is a possibility.

:rolleyes: See there? That's an arrogant approach to trying to add validity to your assertions against mine, by making it more personal. You take great exception to my theorizing about what hasbro's up to, without me knowing the "facts", yet you have no trouble throwing such rants and raves at me, without any more proof (of knowing me personally) than what I have of them.

Now as far as this GTA Sith stuff goes, (new rant) I was asking him serious questions, in hopes he would embellish a little bit, on who he is, where he's from, etc.. etc.. and give everyone a different insight into him, other than being a Sigma Six hater, for which he's taken some lumps and bruises for, and NOT from me mind you.

However, his response left me no choice but to believe he's not operating on all cyclinders and just doesn't quite "get it". I would like to see MORE out of him, than just the stupid anti-S6 posts (of which I'm more than happy to support him on! ^_^) and then...MAYBE, he'll be taken more serious, bad grammar skills or whatever!

He doesn't seem to want to do that, so the "sit in the corner" picture seemed appropriate at the time, not for his poor grammar, but his inabilty to understand what's being asked of him and to be able to articulate himself a little better.

@haha@

How's this....

thethread5xa.png