Sigma Six Is Not Selling Well Is Store.

GTA Sith

With nothing to substantiate any of this, all we can ever do is speculate what Hasbro might have been intending.

I think Hasbro's word in regards to this matter substantiates it. there is a differene between keeping fans in the dark or changing stories to the fans and an annual report to let investors to know what is going on.

unless there is evidence to the contrary of Hasbro's word, your position is simply fantasy so you can continue to defend your own position which has been proven wrong. I don't mean that as an insult, just that at some point you are going to have to relent your position which has been disputed with as good as evidence as their can be or else you are going to just come off as a blow hard who rants and raves just to do so and no one will take anything you say seriously. I'd hope you'd care whether people take you seriously, unless you simply talk to hear yourself talk :D

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find interesting is that at one of my Targets has S6 instock and on the shelves BUT the other Target does not even look like they have a place for them. As for TRU I have noticed they keep restocking wave 7 as well as 6 packs, and they also have S6 up too.

I think the decision to make Sigma 6 in the new 8" scale was a bad move. Going larger than the ol skool 3 3/4" scale was good, but should have went to the 6" scale. Big enough for more articulation and detail but not too large to prohibit the production of in-scale vehicles. The 6" scale would have been more compatible with ML, DCD and other 6" lines.

WOW this topic is still not over yet, well for one I don't like it when people make fun of my english one here. I try my best on here so don't ever started it ok. For one thing I don't like about Sigma Sux is that the look of the figure, and it not as RAH was. It just a slap in the faces for 3/4 inch and 12 inch fans alike who grew up with G.I. Joe. Pluse I think Hasbro doesn't care about DTC, they just see how S6 does in store. Look at that Mattle did to MOTU, they made too many He-Man figures, and the line was cancelled, it was the samething with Batman. Mattle is not good with a action figures line like Max Steel, Captain Power, and others. It just that I'm more of a 3/4 inch figures of G.I Joe because that is the line I grew up on, not S6.

I will not buy S6, and I hope the line will failed just like G.I. Joe Extreme did. I wish TRU would get DTC in there store because G.I. Joe sale great at TRU, but I all of the Sigma Sux figures have been on the pegs at KB Toys, and TRU. Pluse Walmart is not getting S6 because of the prices. Then will Hasbro learn that don't screw up a classic like G.I. Joe.

WOW this topic is still not over yet, well for one I don't like it when people make fun of my english one here. I try my best on here so don't ever started it ok. For one thing I don't like about Sigma Sux is that the look of the figure, and it not as RAH was. It just a slap in the faces for 3/4 inch and 12 inch fans alike who grew up with G.I. Joe. Pluse I think Hasbro doesn't care about DTC, they just see how S6 does in store. Look at that Mattle did to MOTU, they made too many He-Man figures, and the line was cancelled, it was the samething with Batman. Mattle is not good with a action figures line like Max Steel, Captain Power, and others. It just that I'm more of a 3/4 inch figures of G.I Joe because that is the line I grew up on, not S6.

I will not buy S6, and I hope the line will failed just like G.I. Joe Extreme did. I wish TRU would get DTC in there store because G.I. Joe sale great at TRU, but I all of the Sigma Sux figures have been on the pegs at KB Toys, and TRU. Pluse Walmart is not getting S6 because of the prices. Then will Hasbro learn that don't screw up a classic like G.I. Joe.

Ah, rigth.... :rolleyes:

WOW this topic is still not over yet,

It was..until you revived it! @smilepunch@

well for one I don't like it when people make fun of my english one here. I try my best on here so don't ever started it ok.

Just out of honest curiousity...what is your nationality? You're in Baltimore I see, but obviously ENGLISH is not your first language. Also, your age would be interesting to know as well, seeing how you state you grew up with 3 3/4" ARAH figures, would that put you in your mid 20's or so?

Just curious! ^_^

. . . just a slap in the faces for 3/4 inch and 12 inch fans alike who grew up with G.I. Joe. . . Then will Hasbro learn that don't screw up a classic like G.I. Joe.

Ummm. . . But, technically, under that thinking. . . . wouldn't ARAH 3 3/4" have been a slap in the face for the 12" collectors of old? I'm sure many of them must have felt the same thing, especially since the 12" didn't make a comeback until around 1994 or so. That's 12 years of ARAH GI Joe and no classic. This is just one more experimentation. It might work, and it might not, but there's no reason to think of it as an insult. If they never thought to "screw up a classic like G.I. Joe," then we simply would never have had the ARAH to begin with.

How do you think Transformers fans felt about Beast WArs? Taking the old Autobots and Decepticons and changing them into..gasp... organic Maximals and Predacons!!!!! :o

To date, Beast Wars can still be cited as the line that helped reinvigorate the Transformers brand and the cartoon is still considered the best written of any Transformers series before or since, even by people who hated the toys.

And the 12 inch fans? THEY DON'T HAVE A TOYLINE ANYMORE! The mere fact that 3.75 inch fans have DTC shows SOMEBODY at Hasbro still believes in the line, or at the very least feels there is still profit to be made.

Mattel has nothing to do with this situation, Hasbro has show repeatedly that they DO know how to sell a toyline, and unlike Mattel, if Sigma Six succeeds or fails, it will be a legitimate situation, not a corporate foul up like the original Batman comic line or MOTU from Mattel.

Pluse Walmart is not getting S6 because of the prices.

Umm....According to:

Rama Sha

Spartan-mk2

Dravan (I think)

toy-nutz

myself and others I'm likely forgetting (sorry)

Walmart is getting Sigma Six figures, and selling them! :o

Quit trolling. the 80s are over, the industry has changed, and Sigma Six is here and selling. If you want to bash something, do it in a logical, well constructed, and readable fashion.

Ummm. . . But, technically, under that thinking. . . . wouldn't ARAH 3 3/4" have been a slap in the face for the 12" collectors of old? I'm sure many of them must have felt the same thing, especially since the 12" didn't make a comeback until around 1994 or so. That's 12 years of ARAH GI Joe and no classic. This is just one more experimentation. It might work, and it might not, but there's no reason to think of it as an insult. If they never thought to "screw up a classic like G.I. Joe," then we simply would never have had the ARAH to begin with.

3 3/4" really didn't replace 12" GI Joe. Hasbro stopped making 12" items towards the late 1970's. In fact ironically enough, they experimented with a 8" scale right before hand, but ultimately it was the high cost of plastics due to the oil embargo that ended 12" Joe. There then was a small lapse of a few years until 1982 when 3 3/4" made it's debute.

The only times GI Joe lines have been cancelled because Hasbro wanted to replace them with something else are as follows:

1. 3 3/4" got cancelled for Sgt Savage in 1995

2. Sgt Savage got cancelled for GI Joe Extreme about 1 year later

3. 3 3/4" got cancelled in 2005 for Sigma 6

4. 12" got cancelled in 2005 for Sigma 6

I dont know what your talking about but at TRU, we sold about 6 six cases of sigma six (each case has 6 figures) in the past 7 days, and alot fo the bikes, those also sell extremely well. They sell very well at my TRU. Extremely well and that is why we keep ordering them.

3 3/4" really didn't replace 12" GI Joe. Hasbro stopped making 12" items towards the late 1970's. In fact ironically enough, they experimented with a 8" scale right before hand, but ultimately it was the high cost of plastics due to the oil embargo that ended 12" Joe. There then was a small lapse of a few years until 1982 when 3 3/4" made it's debute.

Yeah...there's a difference between how the 12" era just faded away and then years later, returned in a new scale, with a whole entire new and different concept, and how hasbro just axed the current lines in order to shove their new baby in our face.

They'll blame Wal-Mart for it one minute, (T-crotch, butt plugs, sound attack and neon colors) then they'll say their multi-million dollar marketing and research department was able to conclude that "bigger is better" and kids want stylized 8" anime dolls now. <_<

I dont know what your talking about but at TRU, we sold about 6 six cases of sigma six (each case has 6 figures) in the past 7 days, and alot fo the bikes, those also sell extremely well. They sell very well at my TRU. Extremely well and that is why we keep ordering them.

I think you can stop buying up all the stuff yourself, anytime now NC! @haha@

Joking aside, many retail employees use to boast about the great sales that JvC and VvV were doing, and yet we see where our Joes are at now. One TRU's bigger seller is anothers shelf space hoarder! Those Ninja Cycles are piling up around here in ALL the retail locations I've visited. Next to Talking FX Dukes, those stupid S6 Ninja Cycles are obnoxiously ruining the perception of G.I.Joe, as a good toy seller.

Most the Targets around here, have the S6 toys in a weird location in the toy department, like in a last isle next to baby cloths or something, or by the photography booth...weird!

However, I looked one week and they had all the figures and the cycle and gun thing. I looked again a few weeks later, and all the figures were gone, but those damn cycles and guns were the ONLY thing there, and lots of'em! @haha@

Most the Targets around here, have the S6 toys in a weird location in the toy department, like in a last isle next to baby cloths or something, or by the photography booth...weird!

However, I looked one week and they had all the figures and the cycle and gun thing. I looked again a few weeks later, and all the figures were gone, but those damn cycles and guns were the ONLY thing there, and lots of'em! @haha@

you know at 1st i was seeing the cycle selling really good, but i think the problem with the cycle is that they out #se 10-1, and are now starting to pile up at all my stores too

Umm....According to:

Rama Sha

Spartan-mk2

Dravan (I think)

toy-nutz

I can confirm that yes indeed Wal-Mart has Sigma Six, I bought all of S6 except Heavy Duty, which I purchased at Target, from Wal-Mart. Now there is one Wal-mart near me that doesn't have S6, or at least not yet, but the other 3 do in fact have the line. Including the Bike and Roleplaying gun.

My Wal Marts have them, seem to be selling around half so far.

How do you think Transformers fans felt about Beast WArs? Taking the old Autobots and Decepticons and changing them into..gasp... organic Maximals and Predacons!!!!! :o

To date, Beast Wars can still be cited as the line that helped reinvigorate the Transformers brand and the cartoon is still considered the best written of any Transformers series before or since, even by people who hated the toys.

And the 12 inch fans? THEY DON'T HAVE A TOYLINE ANYMORE! The mere fact that 3.75 inch fans have DTC shows SOMEBODY at Hasbro still believes in the line, or at the very least feels there is still profit to be made.

Mattel has nothing to do with this situation, Hasbro has show repeatedly that they DO know how to sell a toyline, and unlike Mattel, if Sigma Six succeeds or fails, it will be a legitimate situation, not a corporate foul up like the original Batman comic line or MOTU from Mattel.

Umm....According to:

Rama Sha

Spartan-mk2

Dravan (I think)

toy-nutz

Quit trolling. the 80s are over, the industry has changed, and Sigma Six is here and selling. If you want to bash something, do it in a logical, well constructed, and readable fashion.

Amen!!!!!!!!!

Draven

The walmrts here have sigma 6 as well. Not to sure how well ther selling, but I do see missing figd from the racks at least. BUt yeah that bike is crazy. That thing is everywhere, bummer as Hasbro will use that as an excuse to not make vehicles. I beleive I read their making a white version for stormy, oh goody more shelf warmers. Well at least the 9.99 figs should hit soon, im sure those will sell very well.

TRU just came out with their Big Toy Book and I didn't see one Sigma 6 in there. I think they would sell better if there was better advertising. I went to Target and Meijers the other day and they didn't even have them in the action figure aisles they had them on back end caps.

TOYS R US...

A REAL AMERICAN HERO'S...BEST ALLIE!!

#US1# YAY TRU!!!

WOW this topic is still not over yet,

It was..until you revived it! @smilepunch@

well for one I don't like it when people make fun of my english one here. I try my best on here so don't ever started it ok.

Just out of honest curiousity...what is your nationality? You're in Baltimore I see, but obviously ENGLISH is not your first language. Also, your age would be interesting to know as well, seeing how you state you grew up with 3 3/4" ARAH figures, would that put you in your mid 20's or so?

Just curious! ^_^

Hey I told you don't make fun of me ok.

Umm....According to:

Rama Sha

Spartan-mk2

Dravan (I think)

toy-nutz

Who the hell are you to tell me I'm trolling, I just don't support this line at all, second My heart is with the 3/4 inch line that I collected. I think this topic should be locked because I guess that I should post at the G.I. Joe forum anymore because you guy like to make fun of my english.

Okay, I'm not one of the people who make fun of your english. Secondly, this thread should not be locked, as it is a very interesting thread. It hasn't gone to the point of where it should be locked. I'm not trying to police the Joe boards, but I know what should and should not be typed, so no making fun of others on this board.