Sigma Six Is Not Selling Well Is Store.

GTA Sith

My contention is with Hasbro..yours is with me for what I think about the issue in question, so should I assume you have a connection to Hasbro, over being just a regular Joe, collector/customizer, like the rest of us here, and are taking it more personal?   You can't speak for ALL marketing strategies in the business world, because you possibly have some insight on how it's SUPPOSE to be done, and you should know by now, that most of my rebuttals have merely questioned the idea, that you might think you do.

sorry, hate to disappoint you but I don't have any vested interest in Hasbro. what I do have a vested interest in is logic and accuracy. and not knowing Hasbro's specific marketing strategy has nothing to do with understanding the priciples of marketing that they have used to create that strategy.

what I don't get is why you are so resistant to exibit some humility and admit you are wrong when presented with the evidence that disputes your claim, which I have done. a humble person has no problem learning something new that he didn't know, in fact they relish it, instead of being incessently defensive about it and resistant to believe it because to do so would be admitting they don't know everything.

I am not spouting off the cusp about ideas. I am presenting actual Hasbro proof that unless you have actual proof of it being a lie is the truth for all we know. that is the thing with arguments. if you present a theory it is your responsibility to prove it, not someone elses problem to disprove, because the way your counter a theory is to discredit the validity of what makes up the theory, which your argument has none of.

I'm not taking the attacks on Hasbro personally, I could care less. I am taking the lack of logic and humility personally, because I can't believe an adult man would be so arrogant as to be resistant to any idea that isn't is own simply because it isn't his own.

Hasbro stating that they are designing a new scale of G.I. Joe (Sigma 6) and a new cartoon to support it (also called Sigma 6) is as direct and matter of fact a statement they can make. there is no other statement that needs to be made to make it any more clear or to qualify it: a new Joe and a new cartoon to support it, it being the new scale of Joe. there is nothing about the "it" that could apply it to every product that falls under the G.I. Joe brand. the connotation of the it is as specific as it gets.

your incistance that there needs to be more evidence to convince you of the validity of that staement is as hysterical as the Dave Chappelle skit where Dave refuses to believe R. Kelly is the one on the tape peeing on the girl, unless she is holding up a valid drivers license while he pees on her, police watching and R. Kelly's grandmother behind him encouraging him. it's ludicrous.

not wanting to take something as unimportant as this at face value speaks more of you than the validity of the statement. there is no conspiracy about a G.I. Joe cartoon that you need to be suspicious of, except unless you simply prefer to make every situation trivial.

that's not a personal attack, just my opinion of your stubborness.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're smart...I'm dumb!

Feel better?

Shall we move along? :)

You're smart...I'm dumb!

Feel better?

Shall we move along?   :)

well i didn't see that coming, so can we get you to buy a s6 fig and atleast give one a chance ^_^

I wouldn't go THAT far! ^_^

plenty of smart people are wrong sometimes VH, and stubborn.

you're not dumb   2.gif

aktion033.gifYAY FOR ME! YAAAAY FOR ME!

;)

You're smart...I'm dumb!

Feel better?

Shall we move along?   :)

well i didn't see that coming, so can we get you to buy a s6 fig and atleast give one a chance ^_^

I wouldn't go THAT far! ^_^

never hurts to try @smilepunch@

I dunno 'bout that!

I have to send some money to Toiletmonkey for a Joe deal, and I almost bought a Duke S6 figure, just to tie him up, with duck tape over his mouth and a blindfold over his eyes, and a knife cut off and glued into his back with some blood painted on it, with a note that says "Sigma Six sleeps with the fishes!" attached!

@firedevil@ MUWAHAHAHAHAAH!

...but it "hurt" too bad to go thru with it, even for the gag! @haha@

I dunno 'bout that!

I have to send some money to Toiletmonkey for a Joe deal, and I almost bought a Duke S6 figure, just to tie him up, with duck tape over his mouth and a blindfold over his eyes, and a knife cut off and glued into his back with some blood painted on it, with a note that says "Sigma Six sleeps with the fishes!" attached!

@firedevil@ MUWAHAHAHAHAAH!

...but it "hurt" too bad to go thru with it, even for the gag! @haha@

aslong as it was a lightskinned duke as they seem to be more plentify @smilepunch@ oh and my wally restocked, after having just 2 spirits, i believe the cobra cycle will sell pretty good for about a month as most people will buy because they own the ninja cycle, se, and ss, so it only seems right. oh and if i had to take a stance i'd say that s6 probably was created to support 2lines, my reasoning? you not going to see an inscale rocc for s6, however they released one through dtc with wasn't it longranch.....that's a 7734 of a freaky friday off chance @hmmm@

I just don't belive that Hasbro have been this low on the 3/4 inch line for S6. It just a money making thing that will failed on it a**. I don't like the alway that figures look, and the 8 inch is not G.I. Joe too me, only the 3/4 and the 12 inch are the real G.I. Joe that I know for years. Hasbro doesn't care about DTC anyway but I would love to see TRU get the DTC in there store ony because TRU have been support of G.I. Joe. I just don't like it then the real G.I. Joe fans are going for the S6 crap that not right at all, sorry Hasbro but no thank. BTW, that if I bashed everybody on here and called named. Would you like that or not.

I just don't belive that Hasbro have been this low on the 3/4 inch line for S6. It just a money making thing that will failed on it a**. I don't like the alway that figures look, and the 8 inch is not G.I. Joe too me, only the 3/4 and the 12 inch are the real G.I. Joe that I know for years. Hasbro doesn't care about DTC anyway but I would love to see TRU  get the DTC in there store ony because TRU have been support of G.I. Joe. I just don't like it then the real G.I. Joe fans are going for the S6 crap that not right at all, sorry Hasbro but no thank. BTW, that if I bashed everybody on here and called named. Would you like that or not.

You and others have basically established that Sigma Six ain't your Joe.

And it's not

This is getting to be a broken record with many. And depending on who you ask, 3.75" isn't "their Joe" either!

I'm sure more than a few fans were bitched at in a similar manner when the 2002 line started, all that "true fan" #$##.

If Hasbro really didn't care about DTC, I'd highly doubt they would spend the time and money to make wave 3, which while cheaper than past waves, still has some nice mix of parts and new head and accessories with every figure.

Btw, thanks for reviving a tired without adding anything new to the topic @rolleye@

thethread5xa.png

I just don't belive that Hasbro have been this low on the 3/4 inch line for S6. It just a money making thing that will failed on it a**. I don't like the alway that figures look, and the 8 inch is not G.I. Joe too me, only the 3/4 and the 12 inch are the real G.I. Joe that I know for years. Hasbro doesn't care about DTC anyway but I would love to see TRU get the DTC in there store ony because TRU have been support of G.I. Joe. I just don't like it then the real G.I. Joe fans are going for the S6 crap that not right at all, sorry Hasbro but no thank. BTW, that if I bashed everybody on here and called named. Would you like that or not.

Ok, let me get this straight....you like Sigma Six....but you don't like the 3 3/4" line, right? Oh this gets so confusing. @smilepunch@

I think you guys should agree to disagree. You have all made valid points but they are only opinions. If you work for hasbro, you still might not know, unless you work in the finance department, or their strategy/marketing department.

Both lines are cool, and the demise on one line will probably not be because of the other line.

Star wars has different lines, they have starwars for kids as well. Maybe Gi Joe is doing the same thing.

Anyway, stop making other people think the same way, if that was the case then we wouldn't have people blowing up buildings with airplanes.

Why can't we all get a long :)

I just don't belive that Hasbro have been this low on the 3/4 inch line for S6. It just a money making thing that will failed on it a**. I don't like the alway that figures look, and the 8 inch is not G.I. Joe too me, only the 3/4 and the 12 inch are the real G.I. Joe that I know for years. Hasbro doesn't care about DTC anyway but I would love to see TRU  get the DTC in there store ony because TRU have been support of G.I. Joe. I just don't like it then the real G.I. Joe fans are going for the S6 crap that not right at all, sorry Hasbro but no thank. BTW, that if I bashed everybody on here and called named. Would you like that or not.

You and others have basically established that Sigma Six ain't your Joe.

And it's not

This is getting to be a broken record with many. And depending on who you ask, 3.75" isn't "their Joe" either!

I'm sure more than a few fans were bitched at in a similar manner when the 2002 line started, all that "true fan" #$##.

If Hasbro really didn't care about DTC, I'd highly doubt they would spend the time and money to make wave 3, which while cheaper than past waves, still has some nice mix of parts and new head and accessories with every figure.

Btw, thanks for reviving a tired without adding anything new to the topic @rolleye@

Good lord I could not agree more. GTA give it up already!

Draven

thethread5xa.png

And you kept it going!! GAhh

myheadhurts5sb.png

And so did I..NOOOOOOOO

@smilepunch@

OOH..MAKE IT STOP!!!

makeitstop8er.png

@hmmm@ crap! I did it again!

@haha@

Ok, let me get this straight....you like Sigma Six....but you don't like the 3 3/4" line, right? Oh this gets so confusing. @smilepunch@

I don't like Sigma Crap at all, and second I'don't see any of those figures selling in my area. I think DTC is much cheaper, and better looking then S6. I dislike it for that it stand for, and it just a slaped in the faces from the 3/4 figures fans out there.

fcd0fbe7.jpg

I don't like Sigma Crap at all, and second I'don't see any of those figures selling in my area. I think DTC is much cheaper, and better looking then S6. I dislike it for that it stand for, and it just a slaped in the faces from the 3/4 figures fans out there.

Oh, I see. So you DO like Sigma, then. Got it.

Well looks like Hasbro new G.I. Joe line isn't selling that good anyway. There are many of these figure at my area TRU last week, and there are a few VvV figures left. The remainning VvV figures at still sale storng btw. The real season is that the price, some parent refuse to buy one because they don't want to a buy one 8 inch G.I. Joe figure for $15.00, but they did buy the 3/4 VvV one for her son. See Hasbro is going to screw G.I. Joe up with S6 and now we could see the return of the 3/4 figure back. I will still buy the DTS figures but no Sigma Sux!

"$15.00 Dollars" the where $17.00 + when I went to my Toy's R Us.@$@

I told any of my relatives if they bought me any thing for Christmas it had better not be Sigma 6 crap, if they wish to stay on my nice list. @pow@

It is sad to say that I have not been able to by any of that wave’s 1-3 stuff yet, and after seeing wave 3, I keep wishing for a Christmas Miracle. @merryxmas@

:OT:

Many people have been downing people for trashing Sigma 6. If you look at the title to this Forum it says and I quote "G.I.Joe a Real American Hero" not Sigma 6 Board. I believe we should create a Sigma 6 forum for those people who love Sigma 6. Therefore, the real fans of "G.I.Joe a Real American hero" can go on loving what we love most, and not that Sigma 6 Crap. :OT:

Have we all gone "insane" I believe we would buy crap if Hasbro put the name G.I.Joe on it. "O yeah" I guess that what they did with Sigma 6. “LMAO�

Many people have been downing people for trashing Sigma 6. If you look at the title to this Forum it says and I quote "G.I.Joe a Real American Hero" not Sigma 6 Board. I believe we should create a Sigma 6 forum for those people who love Sigma 6. Therefore, the real fans of "G.I.Joe a Real American hero" can go on loving what we love most, and not that Sigma 6 Crap. :OT:

I've been thinking that since the damn things started getting discussed.

I mean, hell....even the 12" line had ARAH charaters to it, but just how much discussion took place about those on here? Hardly at all, and why? Because this is a forum that consists of 3 3/4" G.I.Joe fans and not so much the 12" ARAH Joes.

Sigma Six comes along in all it's funky looking 8" obnoxiousness, and suddenly, just because it's got familiar characters in it (just like the 12" line did) we're suppose to accept that it's STILL part of G.I.Joe, and any REAL ARAH fan would understand that and embrace it! :rolleyes: Well..where the hell was THAT logic when all the 12" ARAH figures were coming out? Like I said, it was present, but not in any respectable amount of frequency.

I'm seeing MORE fans of other action figures coming on board here now, to hoot and holler about how great this Sigma Six stuff is, now that it suits THEIR tastes, and making us unyielding/loyal fans of 3 3/4" Joe, feel out of place in our own home (so-to-speak)

The way it is now, it would be better to have a separate forum for it, so that the fans of ARAH can rip up on it (S6) in peace and comfort, without ridicule and a lot of that rippin' up can be quite fun and entertaining at times. A Sigma Six forum can have an equal benefit to it, for those that get their feelings hurt easily, and don't want to read the harsh criticisms of something they apparently love and cherish now. If they want to toss a few disparaging posts towards the 3 3/4" line, they can do so as well, as nobody there will care all that much, since many of them have given up on Joe already or never liked it to begin with and peace and comfort will exist there as well. ^_^

Sigma Six is as separate a toyline to me, as what TMNT is to Star Wars and you don't see them being asked to share a forum together! It's like a buffet...all the different types of food are there for the taking, but they don't have the baked beans in the same bowl with the jello pudding, and expecting ya to dish out the beans from the jello for your consumption of one or the other! @haha@

I'm way ahead of you guys unfortunately. I've found another Joe board that indeed has a Sigma 6 forum. Y'know what? It's great. I don't have to constantly defend my position as to why I like Sigma 6 and I don't have people questioning my fandom of G.I. Joe just because I like it. It's actually pleasant there.

I'm way ahead of you guys unfortunately. I've found another Joe board that indeed has a Sigma 6 forum. Y'know what? It's great. I don't have to constantly defend my position as to why I like Sigma 6 and I don't have people questioning my fandom of G.I. Joe just because I like it. It's actually pleasant there.

Knocking people for their interest in a toyline is stupid, I will never understnad why people feel the need to do that.