Sigma Six Is Not Selling Well Is Store.

GTA Sith

They sell well here in NJ..my TRU gets them in and they go right back out as it does as Targets as well. The only place that they don;t move at is my local Walmart which just shoves them on a bottom shelf so you don't even know they're there!

B.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lookin' around the room trying to find my little 3 3/4" G.I.Joe collecting buddies, and only seeing Marvel legend, Star wars, & Anime fans, starting to poke around and hold up high, a new type of Joe, that's more appealing to stuuf they like.

At least you now know who the TRUE 3 3/4" fans are! :)

Somebody will undoubtedly TRY to rip ya a new one for THAT accusation against their "true" fan status. @haha@

Seriously though...you worded it just right, and in the context of 3 3/4" fan, and not G.I.Joe fan. With that, you state only the truth!

Folks who have NEVER liked G.I.Joe toys, can now claim they do, because of Sigma Six. That's not such a bad thing, except when it involves those new Joe fans badmouthing the old Joe fans who don't like Sigma Six, and doing so on our own turf...in the G.I.Joe ARAH forum.

I actually like G.I. Joe having different facets though. Man VH...I gotta get my digital camera up and running for ya; in the latest Toyfare there's this great two-page spread showing the evolution of G.I. Joe, going all the way back to the original 12-inchers and all the way up to the present Sigma 6 Duke. It really is a great pic and opens one's eyes to just how varied the lines have been over the years...

And...good grief, the Extreme figure in the pic looks like an AWESOME version of Duke, but I don't know my G.I. Joe Extreme stuff too well; I'm not sure if it's indeed Duke. Yojoe.com, here I come... (lol)

My point is I think we'd all be having more fun around here if we just loosened-up and celebrated the things we share in common in our love of G.I. Joe instead of trying to convince one another that there's a so-called "ultimate" incarnation of G.I. Joe.

I actually like G.I. Joe having different facets though. Man VH...I gotta get my digital camera up and running for ya; in the latest Toyfare there's this great two-page spread showing the evolution of G.I. Joe, going all the way back to the original 12-inchers and all the way up to the present Sigma 6 Duke. It really is a great pic and opens one's eyes to just how varied the lines have been over the years...

And...good grief, the Extreme figure in the pic looks like an AWESOME version of Duke, but I don't know my G.I. Joe Extreme stuff too well; I'm not sure if it's indeed Duke. Yojoe.com, here I come... (lol)

That would be Lt. Stone I believe?

Those Extreme Joes were definitely cool looking, but the worst of the worst as far as a G.I.Joe. Had TNI been around like this, when those puppies took the place of the 3 3/4" line (or even Sgt. Savage) I would have been twice as vicious against them, than what I am about Sigma Six.

Those unposeable statues, were a HORRIBLE style for something that's been known as a "fully poseable modern day fighting man" and part of the coolness about G.I.Joe over all these years, was it's "playability" and Extreme was the anti-poseable Joe! ^_^

Great looking figures and man oh man would those same "looks" on a series of Joes in the 3 3/4" tradition have been COOL AS HELL, with great new characters and such, but rather than breathe new life into Joe with these NEW cool characters, they had to screw it up by changing the whole scale and construction of them as well.

Whoever's idea it was, passed it off as kids didn't want NEW characters afterall, rather than blame it on the playless nature of the statues they made, and thus...back to Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow we went.

They're smarter now though, and they stuck with the popular, known characters, when deciding to change the scale again. Sigma Six toys are definitely playable and articulated, and that's at least SOMETHING positive I can say for'em, but it's still not what I want out of my Joe toys.

My point is I think we'd all be having more fun around here if we just loosened-up and celebrated the things we share in common in our love of G.I. Joe instead of trying to convince one another that there's a so-called "ultimate" incarnation of G.I. Joe.

We do have fun, but one persons "fun" is another persons hurt feelings sometimes. @haha@

With so much variety....opinions are going to vary just as much and hence the division and lack of total agreement on everything.

Yeah, Lt. Stone! I remember now, from all the times I passed him up at KB... (lol)

And like you VH, I remember when Extreme debuted. I don't have any real passionate love/hate opinion about them since they came out during my "non-collecting" years. I will admit to being tempted to get back into G.I. Joe a few times when I saw him and Sgt. Savage though, and when I say Sgt. Savage I mean both the Extreme and "Howling Commandos" versions. I really like both versions, but anyway...

And I realize there's not gonna be total agreement on everything and opinions will vary, as well they should. This would be a real boring place if there was. But there's a difference between divison and a lack of agreement and downright negativity. I'm referring to the ugly behavior some members have indulged in as of late concerning Sigma 6.

I know that a LOT of fans love the Sigma 6 line, & that's totally cool. i don't.. but that's just me. (I think the figures are cool, the scale is just not for me.. that's all.) As far as sales go.. in my town there is just 2 places that you can find Sigma 6 figures.. Kmart & Target (& we have a TRU, 3 WalMarts, 3 Shopkos, a KB, etc). At both Kmart AND Target.. nothing is moving. Not.. one.. figure. Not since they arrived about 2 weeks ago. If I see some selling, i will be honest & say as much.. but nothing has yet.

I don't know if it'll just take time before they catch on in my area.. or if there truly is no interest in my area.. but so far, its not looking real great. Maybe it'll turn around though, I dunno.

Those Extreme Joes were definitely cool looking, but the worst of the worst as far as a G.I.Joe. Had TNI been around like this, when those puppies took the place of the 3 3/4" line (or even Sgt. Savage) I would have been twice as vicious against them, than what I am about Sigma Six.

The bad guy "Ironclaw" or something like that, was pretty cool looking too, but yea the lack of articulation killed these guys. They go cheap too when they pop up on eBay.

QUOTE (Darque-Angel @ Oct 21 2005, 11:00 AM)

I'm lookin' around the room trying to find my little 3 3/4" G.I.Joe collecting buddies, and only seeing Marvel legend, Star wars, & Anime fans, starting to poke around and hold up high, a new type of Joe, that's more appealing to stuuf they like.

At least you now know who the TRUE 3 3/4" fans are! 

Somebody will undoubtedly TRY to rip ya a new one for THAT accusation against their "true" fan status.

Seriously though...you worded it just right, and in the context of 3 3/4" fan, and not G.I.Joe fan. With that, you state only the truth!

Folks who have NEVER liked G.I.Joe toys, can now claim they do, because of Sigma Six. That's not such a bad thing, except when it involves those new Joe fans badmouthing the old Joe fans who don't like Sigma Six, and doing so on our own turf...in the G.I.Joe ARAH forum.

Thanks, I tried to make sure I was very clear in my choice of words.

I have to wonder though, if so many of the 3 3/4" fans hate S6, I can only imagine how irate the 12" collectors have to be...their line got completely cancelled without DTC offerings.

I checked out the local TRU, Target and Wally World in my area and Target had about 50 figures on display... Including tons of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows...

Wally World still hasn't gotten them and TRU must have gotten one case and one figure was missing...

Now if you want 3 3/4 figures... My TRU has about 75, 2 packs still on the pegs...

Now if you want 3 3/4 figures... My TRU has about 75, 2 packs still on the pegs...

My TRU has stacks and stacks of 12" VoiceFX Dukes and a good assortment of the last of the great crappy 6 pack sets they offered. The two packs are starting to disappear, save for the 2 ninja guy 2-packs (forget their names)

When those Dukes go away..the shelves will be bare. @haha@

I wonder if those Duke figures didn't drag down the 3 3/4" camp, as far a perception of slumping sales goes? :(

Somebody will undoubtedly TRY to rip ya a new one for THAT accusation against their "true" fan status. @haha@

i like the old gi joes, i just like sigma 6. im not gonna change your opinion, even if i tries. ^^

I'm a fan of 3 3/4 figs and 6 inch figs, so Sigma 6 while Snake Eyes looks cool is not for me, if they had been 6 inch scale they would have

3 3/4 Joes, MLs and TFs are my prey*yeah, TFs don't have a set scale hehehe*

i like the old gi joes, i just like sigma 6. im not gonna change your opinion, even if i tries. ^^

Don't cha know it! beerchug.gif

Hmmm. As far as not selling, they cannot stay on the shelves down here (in the stores that are open that is)..

All I know is I have a Snake and SS so I am happy. I may eventually pick up the others though.

I always wonder what the significance of these types of discussions are? I mean, they ALWAYS come up, even when the other 3 3/4" stuff was on the shelves, and people always frettin' and worryin' about whether they're selling or not.

Same responses always show up as well. "yes..they're flying off the shelves here, or selling like hot cakes there", and of course the usual..."no...they're collecting dust here, and hoarding valuable shelf space!"

Aside from sharing what the toys look to be doing (sales wise) in our own locale....it's impossible to try and gauge the toys popularity or unpopularity solely off that fact of the matter, which is what I think the originator of this topic was aiming an attempt at?

I don't like S6...but hell, I can't say whether or not they're a success or not, at this point in the game. ^_^

Like I said before, I thought us collectors we're doing a pretty good job of buying up a lot of the Joe stuff from before, but that never seemed to push the numbers high enough to satisfy Hasbro. The same can be happening now? I imagine a LOT of time will have to pass before anything is offically determined on that, so I'd assume as well, that Sigma Six will last a while longer also.

There seems to be a bigger push for it anyway, and that favors the line quite a bit.

I buy Sigma 6, but it appears to be moving like any other line, like Transformers. Christmas tells the tale.

And before anybody can complain about S6, remember that Spy Troops and VvV were'nt stunning successes, hence the $8 multipacks at KB and Spy Troops multipacks for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart the year before. There is always overstock. In addition, Sigma 6 is the direct result of the need to revitalize the property. Do I think it needed to be changed? Nope, toys usually as well as the show that promotes them. Joe Sigma 6 is a fun show, and would have pushed a 3.75" line with in scale vehicles, no doubt. The toys we did* get however, are the most fun I've had with a toy line in a long LONG time.

To each their own, just don't judge the success of Sigma 6 by comparison to a line that's working its way off of shelves. Compare it to D.I.C.E. or The Batman. Hasbro's properties (TF, JoeS6, Star wars) pack appeal, from the packaging, to the design, to the toy itself. Kudos, Hasbro.

I always wonder what the significance of these types of discussions are? I mean, they ALWAYS come up, even when the other 3 3/4" stuff was on the shelves, and people always frettin' and worryin' about whether they're selling or not.

Same responses always show up as well. "yes..they're flying off the shelves here, or selling like hot cakes there", and of course the usual..."no...they're collecting dust here, and hoarding valuable shelf space!"

Aside from sharing what the toys look to be doing (sales wise) in our own locale....it's impossible to try and gauge the toys popularity or unpopularity solely off that fact of the matter, which is what I think the originator of this topic was aiming an attempt at?

I don't like S6...but hell, I can't say whether or not they're a success or not, at this point in the game. ^_^

Like I said before, I thought us collectors we're doing a pretty good job of buying up a lot of the Joe stuff from before, but that never seemed to push the numbers high enough to satisfy Hasbro. The same can be happening now? I imagine a LOT of time will have to pass before anything is offically determined on that, so I'd assume as well, that Sigma Six will last a while longer also.

There seems to be a bigger push for it anyway, and that favors the line quite a bit.

These kinds of "how well its selling" discussions are completely meaningless.

I mean, c'mon..........who buys a toy-line because OTHER people buy it?

I'd put this kind of topic into the realm of unintentioned trolling--because there's really nothing gained by it.

The only things sales on a line determine for a hobby is whether there's going to be more product or less--and even that is something that's not in the hands of collectors. If a retailer doesn't think a line will sell, they won't carry it anway and that alone will kill or diminish a line.

IMO, its more ...........sensible..........to focus more on what you are getting out of the hobby (or perhaps lamenting what you are not getting) than doom-saying on a toy-line that (in the case of the topic starter) not even going to buy.

After, if GTA Sith (and others) is not going to buy the line, then why should he care whether its selling or not???

You hit on something i feel to. Soliders are great, but a big selling point for joe for me as a kid and now, i could have so many! Tons of vehicles, tons of villians and i could have enough to make big battles if i wanted, or have one guy go anywhere.

and this talk of sales always kills me, folks joe was saling more! in a shrinking market, vvv sales had gone up! they just hadn't gone up far enough, y'know what that really means? someone just didn't like em.

VVV was certinatly not perfect but joes were heading in the right direction, and these were planned to go side by side, what happened? I'm sure politics was one of many factors but please stop saying sales, that one wasn't the real cause.

A lot of people are jumping on this sigma six bandwagon, true but a lot of people who were never fans of the old stuff are jumping on while we jump off or stay on our own ship. One particular (remaing nameless) anime fan comes to mind, who is far more an anime fan than a joe fan and now if we say we don't like anime joe, we can get yelled at.

The comics are kinda doing the same crap, reaching out to other audeince and killing their core. I love dtc figs, but is still a depressing time to be a joe fan, i just dropped the comic, the toon could have easily have been done for 3 3/4 and the last episoide i really watched so didn't do it for me.

I always wonder what the significance of these types of discussions are?  I mean, they ALWAYS come up, even when the other 3 3/4" stuff was on the shelves, and people always frettin' and worryin' about whether they're selling or not.

Same responses always show up as well.  "yes..they're flying off the shelves here, or selling like hot cakes there", and of course the usual..."no...they're collecting dust here, and hoarding valuable shelf space!"

I don't like S6...but hell, I can't say whether or not they're a success or not, at this point in the game.  ^_^

Like I said before, I thought us collectors we're doing a pretty good job of buying up a lot of the Joe stuff from before, but that never seemed to push the numbers high enough to satisfy Hasbro.  The same can be happening now?  I imagine a LOT of time will have to pass before anything is offically determined on that, so I'd assume as well, that Sigma Six will last a while longer also.

I'd put this kind of topic into the realm of unintentioned trolling--because there's really nothing gained by it.

The only things sales on a line determine for a hobby is whether there's going to be more product or less--and even that is something that's not in the hands of collectors. If a retailer doesn't think a line will sell, they won't carry it anway and that alone will kill or diminish a line.

IMO, its more ...........sensible..........to focus more on what you are getting out of the hobby (or perhaps lamenting what you are not getting) than doom-saying on a toy-line that (in the case of the topic starter) not even going to buy.

After, if GTA Sith (and others) is not going to buy the line, then why should he care whether its selling or not???

Arrow i think some want the line to do badly out of revenge, and others hope that if it fails 3 3/4 would make a return. I don't think we know what woudl happen if it failed, and i'm not going to want it to fail just improve or offer an alternative i like.

Arrow i think some want the line to do badly out of revenge, and others hope that if it fails 3 3/4 would make a return. I don't think we know what woudl happen if it failed, and i'm not going to want it to fail just improve or offer an alternative i like.

Yea, but I don't get that.

The 3 3/4" scale isn't gone. Its just not in brick and mortar stores.

Big deal.

The 12" military line is dead and that, IMO is a bigger loss--but been nary a peep about in the other forums. The 40th Anniversary is considered the "bigger" loss in the 12" scale, but its continuing via the club......

So, if these two scales are "dead" they sure show signs that their demise was somewhat exagerated.

Wanting "revenge" because the stuff isn't in stores just seems so............petty. There's nothing preventing anyone from getting the stuff from a on-line store....

I always wonder what the significance of these types of discussions are?  I mean, they ALWAYS come up, even when the other 3 3/4" stuff was on the shelves, and people always frettin' and worryin' about whether they're selling or not.

Same responses always show up as well.  "yes..they're flying off the shelves here, or selling like hot cakes there", and of course the usual..."no...they're collecting dust here, and hoarding valuable shelf space!"

I don't like S6...but hell, I can't say whether or not they're a success or not, at this point in the game.  ^_^

Like I said before, I thought us collectors we're doing a pretty good job of buying up a lot of the Joe stuff from before, but that never seemed to push the numbers high enough to satisfy Hasbro.  The same can be happening now?  I imagine a LOT of time will have to pass before anything is offically determined on that, so I'd assume as well, that Sigma Six will last a while longer also.

Would you really blame people for wanting revenge? Hasbro did try to force Sigma 6 on us by pulling the 3-3/4" and 12" stuff (only to bring back the 3-3/4" stuff to calm the anger of rabid fanboys).

Even though the 3-3/4" Joes are online, there are still a lot of people who prefer to go into a store to do their buying.

I don't wish for the death of Sigma Six, but I would like to walk into a store and see the single-carded 3-3/4" stuff along with all the new vehicles on shelves.

Would you really blame people for wanting revenge? Hasbro did try to force Sigma 6 on us by pulling the 3-3/4" and 12" stuff (only to bring back the 3-3/4" stuff to calm the anger of rabid fanboys).

Even though the 3-3/4" Joes are online, there are still a lot of people who prefer to go into a store to do their buying.

I don't wish for the death of Sigma Six, but I would like to walk into a store and see the single-carded 3-3/4" stuff along with all the new vehicles on shelves.

GIJOE used to be sold in great amounts in Canada........ IN STORES.

Not anymore, for for a long time now.

You don't see me taking revenge, do ya?

I'd like to walk into a store and get the stuff there too.

Hey, the stuff is STILL available, but on-line and there's still a few retailer exclusives due out yet. Its not gone away........

Hasbro isn't forcing anything on anybody. They are still making/allowing to be made product in both 3 3/4" and 12" scales.

Doom-saying just affects a fellow hobbyist by making them think a line is suffering. Is THAT what its about? Jealousy? Like THAT is healthy.

Attacking something like this is nuts, especially when there's still product people like available to buy.

So why the need for any hard feelings? I just can't figure it out.

Same responses always show up as well.   "yes..they're flying off the shelves here, or selling like hot cakes there", and of course the usual..."no...they're collecting dust here, and hoarding valuable shelf space!"

Like I said before, I thought us collectors we're doing a pretty good job of buying up a lot of the Joe stuff from before, but that never seemed to push the numbers high enough to satisfy Hasbro.   The same can be happening now?  I imagine a LOT of time will have to pass before anything is offically determined on that, so I'd assume as well, that Sigma Six will last a while longer also.

I just hope people know how stupid it sounds for them to want to get 'revenge' on a toy line.

While I have no problem expressing my dislike of S6 and doing so in as many different ways as possible, for fun or totally heartfelt...it is stupid to be indifferent to them out of spite and go so far as to MAKE ourselves not buy them..in protest.

I boycotted the cartoon over a flag issue....for all of ONE episode, but I caught every one since then, and realized the issue I had, didn't warrant missing out on the toon.

I'm reasonable and can back down when I feel it's worth it. I'm not convincing myself to be negative on Sigma Six toys, simply becuase of the way they came in and took the spotlight away from ALL other forms of Joe at most retail outlets. If I thought they were cool, I'd sure as hell have no problem buying into the craze over them.

Believe me...it would be lots more fun for me around here, to be with the crowd, than being considered something of a nuisance as of late (according to a few opinions?) and just doing the normal rave and gush type posting.

I was critical like this with the other joes though, as I figure I have very high expectations for my Joes...probably to such a degree that I'll NEVER be 100% satisfied? @haha@

If NEW product shows up for the DTC 3 3/4" line....product that can be decided was created recently FOR the line specifically....I think many (like myself) will lighten up a bit more and just let the negative opinions on S6 go, and feel the DTC thing is a little more legitimate in it's concept.

No spite or revenge notions here....just REALLY dislike the looks of the S6 stuff as a G.I.Joe action figure.

No spite or revenge notions here....just REALLY dislike the looks of the S6 stuff as a G.I.Joe action figure.

I think that is more than fair, after all the look of the figures are somewhat polarizing and I’m sure not everyone will appreciate the look. Personally I don’t love the look, but I don’t mind it either…for the most part I’m fine with the stylized look of the figures.

Right now I’m just waiting to see how Hasbro handles the Cobra figures, I’m not getting into a toy line where we only get maybe 3 bad guys.

While I have no problem expressing my dislike of S6 and doing so in as many different ways as possible, for fun or totally heartfelt...it is stupid to be indifferent to them out of spite and go so far as to MAKE ourselves not buy them..in protest.

Hey for once I agree with you completely. If you're not gonna buy them, then don't buy them. Don't look for excuses to justify something you never intended to do anyway.

I boycotted the cartoon over a flag issue....for all of ONE episode, but I caught every one since then, and realized the issue I had, didn't warrant missing out on the toon.

What flag issue?

I just hope people know how stupid it sounds for them to want to get 'revenge' on a toy line.

@haha@@haha@@haha@

Yup that would definitely be a bit much.