Sigma Six Is Not Selling Well Is Store.

GTA Sith

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't actually noticed sales myself. I don't bother going to Walmart, Target or K-Mart since they don't have anything I want (well, at least until some new TFs start appearing). My TRU only put out one case of S6 figures and all but the two Heavy Duty's are sold.

What doesn't appear to be selling is the "roleplay" gun which is just as lame as the "roleplay" swords from the TF line.

I had to go to 3 stores to find a SS last week.

How wonderful that Star Wars fans can praise G.I.Joe now...NOW that it isn't G.I.Joe anymore! <_< At least not the G.I.Joe that most of the 80's G.I.Joe fans grew up loving.

Way to go Hasbro! Kill the line....and throw the fans of it under the bus, that's being driven by fans from every OTHER toyline out there, who will delight in taking the opportunity to run us over now, because G.I.Joe FINALLY looks like a freakin' toy they'd prefer to collect.

And GTA Sith, Hasbro didn't dump 3.75", they simply moved it to a new venue, and judging from the product we've gotten thus far, I'd be more than happy if GI Joe didn't return to retail.

What's been released so far thru DTC....was produced for retail to begin with. The style of them has nothing to do with Hasbro's newfound freedom to do what they want with them, for collectors anyway, not like what you're suggesting.

The single cards is about it, but that's hardly worthy of a wish to keep them from returning to retail now is it?

How wonderful that Star Wars fans can praise G.I.Joe now...NOW that it isn't G.I.Joe anymore! <_< At least not the G.I.Joe that most of the 80's G.I.Joe fans grew up loving.

Way to go Hasbro! Kill the line....and throw the fans of it under the bus, that's being driven by fans from every OTHER toyline out there, who will delight in taking the opportunity to run us over now, because G.I.Joe FINALLY looks like a freakin' toy they'd prefer to collect.

hell yeah.

heh, i didnt grop up in the 80s, so its not my problem, its yours, so deal with it. a toy line cant last forever.

heh, i didnt grop up in the 80s,

No...but I bet you did a lot of fondling down in the 90's? @haha@

so its not my problem, its yours, so deal with it.

Well.....I guess I'll just have to then! ^_^

a toy line cant last forever.

...said Aristotle!

I know a bunch of people that work at TRU and Target and they all tell me that the Sigma Six figures are selling very well. I was shown sales reports for the NorthEast Region for TRU on these and the company is very happy with the numbers.

heh, i didnt grop up in the 80s,

No...but I bet you did a lot of fondling down in the 90's? @haha@

so its not my problem, its yours, so deal with it.

Well.....I guess I'll just have to then! ^_^

a toy line cant last forever.

...said Aristotle!

lol. its all good, k? @notworthy@

;) always!

Isn't the goal of any company to sell its product, I dont think they really care who they sell it to, just as long as the numbers are good and the profits are high.

Isn't the goal of any company to sell its product, I dont think they really care who they sell it to, just as long as the numbers are good and the profits are high.

Yes it is their goal and no they don't really care. :(

I know they don't care what I have to say about it either, but I'm not interested in appealing to the makers of the toys I like, I'm just sharing thoughts with other collectors and such.

To them it's just business. To me it's a little more personal, as I don't have anything to gain from it, except the continued thrill of seeing new stuff I can buy. When that changes, it leaves a little bit of a void in my routine. You get to feeling like part of a group around here, or a community, but when stuff like htis happens, it makes you feel like your membership has expired and it's time to move on.

New tenants have taken up residency in your old stompin' grounds.

I'm lookin' around the room trying to find my little 3 3/4" G.I.Joe collecting buddies, and only seeing Marvel legend, Star wars, & Anime fans, starting to poke around and hold up high, a new type of Joe, that's more appealing to stuuf they like.

It makes me sad! :(

no mo yo jo!

I'm lookin' around the room trying to find my little 3 3/4" G.I.Joe collecting buddies, and only seeing Marvel legend, Star wars, & Anime fans, starting to poke around and hold up high, a new type of Joe, that's more appealing to stuuf they like.

It makes me sad!  :(

no mo yo jo!

I feel your pain dude, and I get where you’re coming from. When I got back into collecting actions figures I looked at stuff from my childhood, Transformers, GIJoe, Marvel and DC Super Heroes and to my utter disappointment the Joe’s had these really weird torso proportions that just turned me off from the line.

The RAH line has given me some hope for getting back into the Joe line full time, but they haven’t really had the main characters that really did it for me. If they can give me Tomax, Xamot and Serpentor (in their original RAH uniforms and colors) then the 3 ¾ line will have me full time for the cobra figures...past and future.

Overall the Sigma Six line seems quite good to me, though they are far from optimum, mainly because of the scale and art style, but if they can give me the same character listed about with uniforms that have the essence of the RAH uniforms then I’ll get all the cobra figures from that line. If the scale and art style weren’t problems to me I wouldn’t be so picky but seeing as how they wont really work with anything I have now, I need to know I’ll get more than just one or two.

Oh and it will always be Yo Joe!!!! #US1#

Guest DavAnthony

I live in the New York City area-Jersey-namely and as a Vendor I get to visit Toys R Us, Kmarts, Targets, Wal Marts etc. I have to say that in the area I live Sigma Six is not moving at all. I've noticed the same basic figures there week after week with only Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes being the ones that seem to be moving.

I remmeber the 3.75" guys moving alot quicker when new assts would come out. So we'll just have to see. If Sigma Six ends up having the same sales numbers as 3.75" Joe I'd be willing to bet that it stays around (even if it is a little bit lower) because I believe this line was some "suits" baby and he/she is probably not going to concede to anything but success.

Once collectors have gotten their figures and kids get what they want I think the real success of this line will be seen.

Preferably the Sigma Six fans could have their line and the 3.75" Joes fans could have their line without either fearing that they other will negate what they like.

Unfortunatley Hasbro set up this rivalry between the two different fan "camps" when they stopped 3.75" figures in favor of this new idea.

It doesn't make much sense for us to be at each other necks but instead blame Hasbro for creating the situation. It's late, I haven't gotten much sleep and I'm in a bad mood from my day but this makes sense to me at 1 in the morning.]

Give it up you new to the troll business! This is getting way old from you. Every week or so its the same anti crap post from you! All I have to say is you are so blinded you can't even see your own BS!!!!!!!!

Draven

Agreed, actually it was quite hard trying to find a storm shadow BUT I found him the other day. I think this line will be successful if the cartoon continues to show. I like the line, but I will never give up my 3/3/4 line :)

My TRU only put out one case of S6 figures and all but the two Heavy Duty's are sold.

That would be two cases, as HD is only packed one per case. Snake eyes is the only character with two figures per case...

Or at least I have only seen one assortment ratio so far...

they've barly been out....jeez.....around here they been seling just fine, and i dont see anything wrong with the line except for the $15 price tag

I was looking at these today.They are expensive.The smaller line sold because it was cheaper and had more characters

Yeah,

Like I said.Imagine Sigma 6 HISS tank.damn that would be huge.

If they did that then they would have to make a Turbo Tank

Their are a few store within 15 minutes of my house I check on a regular basis. About a week ago, when I got my S6 stuff, they had a bunch of all the figures. Some stores had more than others. But I went back last night and most S6 stuff was sold. seems the popular oned are the ninjas and spirit around here. But thats not taking away from Duke or Heavy Duty. I think this will be a popular line in the long run. Christmas is coming real fast, So I hope Hasbro releases some newer figures before then. I think they may need them!

At least you now know who the TRUE 3 3/4" fans are! :)