Sigma Six Is Not Selling Well Is Store.

GTA Sith

Well looks like Hasbro new G.I. Joe line isn't selling that good anyway. There are many of these figure at my area TRU last week, and there are a few VvV figures left. The remainning VvV figures at still sale storng btw. The real season is that the price, some parent refuse to buy one because they don't want to a buy one 8 inch G.I. Joe figure for $15.00, but they did buy the 3/4 VvV one for her son. See Hasbro is going to screw G.I. Joe up with S6 and now we could see the return of the 3/4 figure back. I will still buy the DTS figures but no Sigma Sux!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like Hasbro new G.I. Joe line isn't selling that good anyway. There are many of these figure at my area TRU last week, and there are a few VvV figures left. The remainning VvV figures at still sale storng btw. The real season is that the price, some parent refuse to buy one because they don't want to a buy one 8 inch G.I. Joe figure for $15.00, but they did buy the 3/4 VvV one for her son. See Hasbro is going to screw G.I. Joe up with S6 and now we could see the return of the 3/4 figure back. I will still buy the DTS figures but no Sigma Sux!

So ONE store determines how well a nation-wide line sells?

Get real.

The other sources I have say that its selling very well where it appears.

It sounds more like you are just bored and jumping to needless, baseless conclusions.

I like the Sigman six line better than the 3 3/4 line but i wish they would have done it 6" to match all the Marvel Legends, Street fighter and all the other figures that do 6". Just watch how much money custom G.I. Joes go for on ebay when they are originated from a Marvel Legend. I still Like Sigma Six and think that that line and a 6" line would both do good if they based the 6" line of off the traditional G.I. Joe look and Sigma Six could stay with that cartoon look.

I work at TRU, and can tell you that we recieved an incredibly large amount of sigma 6 figure cases. We have two locations where these guys are stocked, and have pretty much sold through most of the more popular characters, or at least the ones featured on the show ( not spirit). You are probably going to a store that has a good merchandising crew, and is keeping up with demand, by continuously filling the pegs. Watching store stock as a customer, is not the way to determine if it is selling or not.

Give it up you new to the troll business! This is getting way old from you. Every week or so its the same anti crap post from you! All I have to say is you are so blinded you can't even see your own BS!!!!!!!!

Draven

Ummm, how do you know this? Or is this even more "Hater Spam"?

It is. But he based it on real concerns a lot of people have...mainly the price and fact that the line might not sell, to make it more believable.

Now that that is out of the way. I think the only person buying S6 at my local Wal-Mart is me. I've been checking on them for the last week or so cause I want to buy HD and Snake Eyes tommorrow and didn't want them to sell out of either figure. But no figures except the 2 I bought have moved in the two weeks they've been on the pegs. Which is good for me as I can take my time getting the figures I want, but bad for me since they'll never restock if I'm the only one buying. But this is just my local Wal-mart. There is another Wal-Mart close by and a Target that havn't even gotten S6 in yet.

i saw a kid (8?) pick two sigma six figs from tru. he and his dad were trying to figure out the price cause there was none, so i told him they were 15 bucks. his dad seemed fine w/ that and off they went to ring them up. the cartoon works.

I find it funny that many collectors here complain about the price of these figures. We must have gotton spoiled all these years, from buying the little guys. If one were to look at the state of the toy ailes, they would quickly realize that $15.00 per figure really isn't all that much. If a parent were to have a little girl who was interested in Bratz dolls, they would have to ( on average) shell out $15 per doll, and yet Bratz has an entire aile unto itself. And lets not forget Lego.

As I have said before, there are only 6 figures per case. A store only needs to sell 3 to sell out of half a case. Those are still good numbers.

It's pretty easy to tell that this is mostly just spam from someone that doesn't like the line. My TRU had a load of stuff as EMB mentioned, and they flew through it VERY quick. I was in there 10 days later, and the stock was gone! Of course, that doesn't mean that S6 is a huge success. One can only base that off of actual nationwide sales stats, and unless one of us is working at the Hasbro corporate office, it's pretty safe to say that everything else is speculation. At least until Hasbro releases some solid facts.

um...your wrong, people arre buying these a lot, and for new show and a new line, well, its selling great, im sick of all this bs. honestly, does anyone here care about your opinion on sigma 6? no. im sure that if sigma 6 was on when you were a kid, anmd there was no 3 3/4, and all of the sudden VvV came out, youd be saying the same thing about 3 3/4.

Sigma is actually selling very well at the major retail outlets right now. One of the guys over on the Joe newsgroup, Rudy, is a reporter and writes covers the toy industry said he is hearing great things about the first wave of sales. The true test will be after Christmas.

As for here in Arkansas, at Wal-Mart store #1, the sold out of their first shipment of figures in 2 days, nearly sold all their S6 guns, and half their bikes in 4. From what I have heard and seen the other Wal-Marts in the area were like that too.

I still want 3 3/4" S6 Joes though!

Michael Richards

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

Sigma is actually selling very well at the major retail outlets right now. One of the guys over on the Joe newsgroup, Rudy, is a reporter and writes covers the toy industry said he is hearing great things about the first wave of sales. The true test will be after Christmas.

As for here in Arkansas, at Wal-Mart store #1, the sold out of their first shipment of figures in 2 days, nearly sold all their S6 guns, and half their bikes in 4. From what I have heard and seen the other Wal-Marts in the area were like that too.

I still want 3 3/4" S6 Joes though!

Michael Richards

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

Yeps, the real indicator will be next February, when Toy Fair hits.

The displays and kinds of product shown there will give an indication of how well recieved the line is. The more ambitious the product, the bigger the splash its made. Hasbro is probably already making deals with the retailers for the next years waves, as those start well before X-mas.

Based on retailer confidence, this line could expand dramtically.

Its the same with any toyline.

3/4 figures?!?

WOW! i never knew Hasbro released the Micro figures again.

Looks like they're trying all kinds of new sizes on the kids.

Get real.

It sounds more like you are just bored and jumping to needless, baseless conclusions.

Thank you, I mean that was just one stupid post....the dude needs to get a clue....how does one area count for the whole country?

There are many of these figure at my area TRU last week, and there are a few VvV figures left. The remainning VvV figures at still sale storng btw.

So, wait, let me clarify what you just said.

There are Sigma Six figures at your Toy r Us, and they aren't selling; yet, they also have VvV figures at your TRU but they are selling.

@hmmm@

Get real.

Thank you, I mean that was just one stupid post....the dude needs to get a clue....how does one area count for the whole country?

Some people cling to the conceit that everything revolves around them, I guess.

He obviously doesn't like it, that's fair--its his choice.

To say that the toy-line is failing based upon stock on the shelves at the one store he visits is.............well, he's come up short.