Batman Vs. Dracula

hamsterboy

Gonna see it tonight!

Personally I thought it was horrible. Though I will admit that I really dislike Vampire type movies and hate seeing them appear in places where they really don't belong. I wouldn't even give five bucks for this DVD, and this isn't because I think THe Batman is crap, the last few seasons have been watchable.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean the movie was awesome, I meant the fact that Vicki Vale was in it was cool. It's nice to see some more characters from the bat universe that aren't villians or partners. Anyway I thought ti was good, it played out like a movie which was good. The problem with most dtv movies of cartoons is that they just feel like an extended episode

This actually reminded me of the classic live action bat films from the 90's. It followed the same formula, Starts out with Bats on patrol, new villian comes around, Bruce gets a love interest, has trouble being with her cause of his nightlife, figures out the villians plan, love hets captured, rescues her etc..

I thought this was a great cartoon. However, as a vampire aficionado (I use the screen name of "NASTYFERATU", with the title of "Vampyre of the Illuminaughty" at vampire message boards I once frequented), they made a huge mistake about how Dracula turned his victims into vampires. For a victim to become a vampire, the victim must be forced to ingest the vampires blood. If every person that a vampire bit turned into a vampire, there'd be a heck of a lot more vampires in the world. Plus, vampires are really picky about who they turn into a vampire.

Anyways, I digress. I liked Vicky Vale as a red-head. It's a good thing they didn't have Batgirl in the show, as well. Since, she too, is a red-head. Could have confused some of the kiddies out there.

For a victim to become a vampire, the victim must be forced to ingest the vampires blood. If every person that a vampire bit turned into a vampire, there'd be a heck of a lot more vampires in the world. Plus, vampires are really picky about who they turn into a vampire.

It wasn't a mistake...more like a "creative change".

I am AMAZED that they got away with as much as they did, to be honest...getting "animated blood" past standards and practices is supposed to be virtually impossible. Hell, the fact that they just did it may have just thrown open a lot of doors due to a now established precedent. Talking about souls and the phrase "immolation by sunlight" also really impressed me...as did Joker's fairly gruesome "death". Remember kids, don't jump into the pool with a car battery strapped to your hand.

They really went all out with this little movie, and I gotta say, it was really pretty good. I wanted to hate this show when it started, I really did. But I just can't. It's well written, not JLU-level, but better than 95% of the drek out there, and the animation style is just as radically different from Batman: TAS as Batman: TAS was from anything we had seen before 1992. Is it gimmicky? Oh hell yes. But it's gimmicky-ness (is that a word? really?) is a whole lot more subtle than the "anime-chic" of Teen Titans, while retaining a similarly complex set of characters and pathos. In short: me like Bat-cartoon.

Batman Vs. Dracula is everything a DTV movie should be, and I hope it does REALLY well, so maybe WB will give the go ahead on that JLA vs. the Crime Syndicate DTV they've got sitting around doing nothing.

Basically, just hearing the name "The Batman Vs. Dracula" gave me low expectations for it. So the actual end result was a lot higher than my expectations, so I thought it was pretty good all in all. If it's ever on again I'll probably watch it again.

This was actually pretty cool. I thought it had some pretty gruesome scenes for a kids movie, like the Jokers blood bath. That was awsome. And then he laped it up. Even more awsome. But did anyone else notice that Dracula looked exactly like Ras Al Guhl from Batman TAS? Well without a the goatee anyway. but the face looks exactly the same to me.