Reissue #21 Is.................!?!?!

JPrime

It's sad how Takara is fillin the hole in me with stuff that I want... too Bad HASBRO can't understand it's people!

Takara, keep em coming! :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Steeljaw has some diecast.

Just out of interest, does Steeljaw have a steel jaw? @loll@

Are you kidding? I took a swing at that cat, and he went down like a sack of bricks. Steeljaw's got a total "glass jaw". *Rimshot*

Bout time they listen to their collectors ideas....

Once again... BRAVO TAKARA

Too bad Hasbro sucks at their reissues...can't even finish the rest of the clones.. :(

Clones? If you mean the Coneheads, it's not really a fault with Hasbro. Actually, it's a misconception entirely that the majority of the fault, if not all of it, lies with Hasbro in regards to the TRU Reissue line. The primary blame-taker is Toys R Us, thanks to the beauty of price gouging. Looking at the situation from a business standpoint, I can't blame Hasbro whatsoever for allowing TRU to be the only seller of the Reissue line. After all, when the decision was made, TRU was the only toys only corporate retail store/company still in existence and still a financial and corporate heavyweight, at the time. While Walmart and Target might be larger companies, for the markets that the Reissue line was primarily targeted for, which would be kids, what better choice is there than a 20+ year old toy retail company?

That was wrong though. The market for the reissues wasn't kids. Whether it was originally intended to be marketed to kids, but didn't end up that way is open for debate.

The reissues were either meant for, or only drew the interest of collectors like us. The smartest idea would have been to release them through a subsidiary at specialty and comic book stores. They would have sold more to the average comic book/toy geek than the average(non-collector) Toys R Us customer.

Galvatrion is coming, but it will be in a classic box and not the TFC boxes :)

Still, this is great news :) I'm getting one for sure although I hope we see Twincast as well...

Still, this is great news :) I'm getting one for sure although I hope we see Twincast as well...

But is there a reason to justify him being released as a stand alone?

Predaking was expensive, and may demoralize or discourage new collectors of the TFC line, justifying it to be separately released, for the hardcore collectors only.

I just don't see why he deserves to be different. Anyway, there is supposed to be an anime and originl one right? so both are going to be in a classic box?

Bout time they listen to their collectors ideas....

Once again... BRAVO TAKARA

Too bad Hasbro sucks at their reissues...can't even finish the rest of the clones.. :(

Clones? If you mean the Coneheads, it's not really a fault with Hasbro. Actually, it's a misconception entirely that the majority of the fault, if not all of it, lies with Hasbro in regards to the TRU Reissue line. The primary blame-taker is Toys R Us, thanks to the beauty of price gouging. Looking at the situation from a business standpoint, I can't blame Hasbro whatsoever for allowing TRU to be the only seller of the Reissue line. After all, when the decision was made, TRU was the only toys only corporate retail store/company still in existence and still a financial and corporate heavyweight, at the time. While Walmart and Target might be larger companies, for the markets that the Reissue line was primarily targeted for, which would be kids, what better choice is there than a 20+ year old toy retail company?

That was wrong though. The market for the reissues wasn't kids. Whether it was originally intended to be marketed to kids, but didn't end up that way is open for debate.

The reissues were either meant for, or only drew the interest of collectors like us. The smartest idea would have been to release them through a subsidiary at specialty and comic book stores. They would have sold more to the average comic book/toy geek than the average(non-collector) Toys R Us customer.

Actually, the market for the reissue collection is just as much for kids as it is for collectors. Why? The reissues, classic pieces of toy history or not, will always be a toy, first and foremost. Now, they may inherently be a piece of nostalgia and a collectible to a member of the fandom or a collector, but nonetheless, their primary purpose is to be a child's toy; however, this, as you stated, is very much an open debate that can go on forever.

I don't really think that selling the reissues primarily via the specialty/direct market would ultimately be the best option for Hasbro. The retail market offers a lot more chances to clean up on profit margin, something that is a bit more riskier when handled in a specialty/direct market vein. Keep in mind that, toy manufacturing company or not, Hasbro is a 100% business. What's the first rule of running a business? Make a profit. What's one of the strongest ways to make back your costs and turn a profit on a toy line? Sell the distribution rights to the aforementioned toy line to a proven, 20+ year profitable, purely toy selling retailer.

To add to that, who's to say that the prices wouldn't be closer to the Toys R Us price by selling them in the direct market? In order to make back their costs, this is a very strong possibility. If that happens, the fan backlash is still rampant, with cries and moans everywhere of "These cost too much! Why can't Hasbro sell these for cheaper? They're ripping us off!" It's once again a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for Hasbro.

Predaking was expensive, and may demoralize or discourage new collectors of the TFC line, justifying it to be separately released, for the hardcore collectors only.

I just don't see why he deserves to be different. Anyway, there is supposed to be an anime and originl one right? so both are going to be in a classic box?

I honestly don't see how releasing Predaking seperately could have demoralized or discouraged logical new collectors of the TFC line. All that needs to be done is to look at the size of the Predaking reissue. It was the first combiner team to be officially reissued, marking them all being rereleased under a gift set. The size alone is enough to show to anyone that it's simply too big to be released under the TFC line.

As for Galvatron, the figure is also fairly large, making me think that perhaps the larger figures are being released in seperate packaging due to their size, though admittedly, I'm not too sure about the size of Perceptor and Blaster. If anyone has Galvatron, Perceptor, and Blaster, perhaps they might be so kind as to take a picture and compare the heights of the three of them?

Both the anime and classic Galvatron are allegedly being released under the classic packaging, though classic Galvatron may at least have an eHobby marking of some sort to designate it, if not more.

Actually, the market for the reissue collection is just as much for kids as it is for collectors. Why? The reissues, classic pieces of toy history or not, will always be a toy, first and foremost. Now, they may inherently be a piece of nostalgia and a collectible to a member of the fandom or a collector, but nonetheless, their primary purpose is to be a child's toy; however, this, as you stated, is very much an open debate that can go on forever.

I don't really think that selling the reissues primarily via the specialty/direct market would ultimately be the best option for Hasbro. The retail market offers a lot more chances to clean up on profit margin, something that is a bit more riskier when handled in a specialty/direct market vein. Keep in mind that, toy manufacturing company or not, Hasbro is a 100% business. What's the first rule of running a business? Make a profit. What's one of the strongest ways to make back your costs and turn a profit on a toy line? Sell the distribution rights to the aforementioned toy line to a proven, 20+ year profitable, purely toy selling retailer.

To add to that, who's to say that the prices wouldn't be closer to the Toys R Us price by selling them in the direct market? In order to make back their costs, this is a very strong possibility. If that happens, the fan backlash is still rampant, with cries and moans everywhere of "These cost too much! Why can't Hasbro sell these for cheaper? They're ripping us off!" It's once again a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for Hasbro.

Yah, but let's not forget that kids won't really want toys they know nothing about. When you were young, would you rather have asked your parents to buy something you have seen on tv...like thundercats or g.i.joe...or some arbitrary toy you have not seen in your entire life?

It is not the same as a water gun, where kids may not mind any brand as long as it is a water gun, and can squirt water. But with action figures, kids will only want toys that resemble something thier familiar with. Hence, if Hasbro actually thinks that G1 can attract the younger generations, i would consider that decision to be a little immature.

Honestly, whenever i go to TRU, the only ones i see actually holding a G1 reissue are the old ones, i've never seen a young whelp even touch it before

I honestly don't see how releasing Predaking seperately could have demoralized or discouraged logical new collectors of the TFC line. All that needs to be done is to look at the size of the Predaking reissue. It was the first combiner team to be officially reissued, marking them all being rereleased under a gift set. The size alone is enough to show to anyone that it's simply too big to be released under the TFC line.

As for Galvatron, the figure is also fairly large, making me think that perhaps the larger figures are being released in seperate packaging due to their size, though admittedly, I'm not too sure about the size of Perceptor and Blaster. If anyone has Galvatron, Perceptor, and Blaster, perhaps they might be so kind as to take a picture and compare the heights of the three of them?

Both the anime and classic Galvatron are allegedly being released under the classic packaging, though classic Galvatron may at least have an eHobby marking of some sort to designate it, if not more.

Price is an issue when it comes to customer psychology. Maybe most of us here are immune to that, because we will buy almost any G1 regardless of it's price.

But many others, who are fans of TF but not hardcore ones, are willing to collect the TFC line as long as it is within an affordable range. Introducing a giant in the TFC line that cost so much will be a form of deterrence to those who are evaluating the feasibility and affordability of the line. Basically, if Predaking did get reissued in the TFC line, it tells us that maybe other gestalts of the same price and size will be reissued too. At least that's what a newbie to the TFC line would think. And the future cost would then be intuitively high, discouraging new people from pursuing the line.

Anyway, i don't think the size of Galvy is that big an issue. Perceptor was relatively big and broad in microscope mode, they just enlarged the box...to the same size as Megatron's box.

I hope we see Twincast as well...

#WTF# C'mon man, stick to the originals.... :angry:

I disagree. I think Twincast should be reissued and reissued right away at that. Hopefully instead of waiting almost a year, EHobby will just release him as an exclusive in the original package or something. I know he is actually a remold and not a straight repaint, but I think it would be cooler if they did it like that. Just because he is not a character in the US toon doesn't make him any less cool or important. After al the TFC line is being produced by a Japanese company so a Japanese character would actually make sense. #US1#

I disagree. I think Twincast should be reissued and reissued right away at that. Hopefully instead of waiting almost a year, EHobby will just release him as an exclusive in the original package or something. I know he is actually a remold and not a straight repaint, but I think it would be cooler if they did it like that. Just because he is not a character in the US toon doesn't make him any less cool or important. After al the TFC line is being produced by a Japanese company so a Japanese character would actually make sense. #US1#

Don't tell me you bought that $100 dolla brick too.... :o

By $100 brick, I'm assuming that you mean Star Convoy. If so, what exactly does that have to do with Twincast?

By $100 brick, I'm assuming that you mean Star Convoy. If so, what exactly does that have to do with Twincast?

It was not in the G1 originality set ;)

Price is an issue when it comes to customer psychology. Maybe most of us here are immune to that, because we will buy almost any G1 regardless of it's price.

But many others, who are fans of TF but not hardcore ones, are willing to collect the TFC line as long as it is within an affordable range. Introducing a giant in the TFC line that cost so much will be a form of deterrence to those who are evaluating the feasibility and affordability of the line. Basically, if Predaking did get reissued in the TFC line, it tells us that maybe other gestalts of the same price and size will be reissued too. At least that's what a newbie to the TFC line would think. And the future cost would then be intuitively high, discouraging new people from pursuing the line.

Anyway, i don't think the size of Galvy is that big an issue. Perceptor was relatively big and broad in microscope mode, they just enlarged the box...to the same size as Megatron's box.

While I very much agree that price is a humongous factor with consumers, I do feel that most new buyers to the line would do their research, though we can only say "Could" and not "Would". It's very true that with it's price, "introducing a giant in the TFC line that cost so much will be a form of deterrence to those who are evaluating the feasibility and affordability of the line"; however, that's where Takara was fairly smart or quite possibly thinking ahead. While Predaking was reissued, it wasn't reissued in the TFC line, but simply a stand-alone reissue, akin to New Year's Convoy, the various Ultra Magni, and the forthcoming Galvatron(theoretically). A way to look at this is that we could possibly get more combiner teams, though instead of being released in the TFC line, they may get released in giftset boxes, just like Predaking. Personally, I would honestly love to have that option, even though I find the Dreamwave art on the TFC line's boxes to be visually breathtaking.

Forget it man... it was not in the original G1 toon to begin with, it came out later but not in the U.S.

But anywayz, I just preordered my #21 BroadCast :)

LOL! Actually I did pre-order him.....2 to be exact! @loll@ Only I'm paying $69.00 each not $100.00 plus. #US1# Still waiting for him to come in, but I feel he was worth it. Heck, I paid close to that for the original G1 Reissue Ultra Magnus when he came out years ago and he's basically a brick also. Its not about posability with these particular toys, its all about cool toys that I had when I was younger or wanted but never got. In Star Convoys case its about getting a really cool, super rare Japanese toy for a reasonable price. Thats why I hope Takara releases more like Artfire, Twincast, the Breastforce and maybe Sky Garry or Star Sabre. #US1#

Still, this is great news :)  I'm getting one for sure although I hope we see Twincast as well...

But is there a reason to justify him being released as a stand alone?

Takara's "re-issue" is supposedly "cartoon-accurate" (read: lavender, grey and red chrome).

eHobby is releasing "Galvatron II," which is more-or-less the original G1 Galvy, with the comic continuity's bio.

The Takara one is a fugly-as-hell eyesore (almost, but not quite, as horrid as Energon Galvatron), and I'll be continuing my quest for a real G1 Galvy.

Now, if they'd gone for a movie-accurate color scheme, I might've been sold on it, but that lilac body with dark red chrome "abs" and "kneecaps" is just craptacular as can be.

But, then, I never liked the series or comics Galvatrons' colors.