Infinite Crisis

midnight doctor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. Julius Swartz wrote (a long time ago) that a comic universe needs a 'reset' every ten years or so just to change up the status quo.

HoM and IC are doing the same thing, just in different ways.

With DC, I love all the alternate timelines and hypertime, and junk because it recognizes the history of their universe and acknowledges that stories can STILL be relevant even in today's time.

Weeding through characters that are no longer popular or redundant is helpful too. I mean, come on, who really was an avid fan of Phantom Lady? If she used her powers like 'The Ghost' she might've been more of a threat. Also, Black Condor? Yeah, he was a hero in Opal City (Starman's home town) but, really, he's a muted Hawkman.

IC is kicking butt! hahahaha

Not really. Julius Swartz wrote (a long time ago) that a comic universe needs a 'reset' every ten years or so just to change up the status quo.

HoM and IC are doing the same thing, just in different ways.

With DC, I love all the alternate timelines and hypertime, and junk because it recognizes the history of their universe and acknowledges that stories can STILL be relevant even in today's time.

Weeding through characters that are no longer popular or redundant is helpful too. I mean, come on, who really was an avid fan of Phantom Lady? If she used her powers like 'The Ghost' she might've been more of a threat. Also, Black Condor? Yeah, he was a hero in Opal City (Starman's home town) but, really, he's a muted Hawkman.

IC is kicking butt! hahahaha

Ignoring them works fine. No one ever has to hear from them, but in the case someone wants to use them in the future it still makes sense. If they kill them all off so much for that.

To expand on the HOM thing, anything to do with scarlett witch's powers can be reversed without it being lame. And mutants could always regain powers other ways. But to recover from IC, which happens to an extent all the time, ressurection is required. No characters ever stay dead forever. Then you have 20 earth Green Lanterns and 10 Flashes and 5 green arrows.

I guess u mentioned the problem "No heroes even stay dead"

Some of them should be dead already or there wont be space for new characters to pop up and the comics will just get bored.

I guess u mentioned the problem "No heroes even stay dead"

Some of them should be dead already or there wont be space for new characters to pop up and the comics will just get bored.

I don't mind new charcters, but I really don't see them as essential to keeping comics interesting.

I, more or less, like revamps or re-imaginings of old characters. I totally wouldn't mind if Bruce Wayne stepped down from the Batman role and had Dick Grayson take over.

I'm actually writing a story about that now. I know a bunch of Bat fans would call it bloody murder but, seriously, Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Diana Prince need to step down. They have a bunch of sidekicks that can easily take their place and get different stories from.

I wouldn't mind Bruce not being bats, as much as I would Dick Grayson being bats. I like Nightwing just fine.

Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Diana Prince need to step down. They have a bunch of sidekicks that can easily take their place and get different stories from.

Why? They aren't elderly.

I just think everything has a beginning must has an end.

Despite how much I like Batman , I still want him to have an end.

I only thing I dont like about American comics is that the characters are kept and reused for decades. I just cant count how many times seeing Joker being caught again or Batman VS Superman again(for the recent years Hush,Superman/Batman)

I dont know how will Infinite Crisis end like but I really hope for some new sparks to happen!

I wouldnt mind some kinda new bat man, if htey would bring the guy from batman beyond in it some how, how ever just make it the here & now & have bruce train him in his " young" age & not the old guy ...

PS bruce really needs his dog from BB as well :P

Have to admit something like this would add some flavor to the comic :)

i dont think dick will ever be batman , not of his own choice anyway , he's always wanted to be his own superhero , and tim COULD have been batman if his father's killing snapped im but he seemed to make fluffy happy joy peace with that in teen titans..

• 2 weeks later...

Dick Grayson probably won't be Batman at all. I was thinking more of Tim Drake as Batman. Look at Teen Titans #16 or #17....the story line about the Future Titans West. Tim Drake is Batman and there were hints dropped in those issues that a crisis happened that made the Titans become who they were in those issues.

Dick Grayson probably won't be Batman at all. I was thinking more of Tim Drake as Batman. Look at Teen Titans #16 or #17....the story line about the Future Titans West. Tim Drake is Batman and there were hints dropped in those issues that a crisis happened that made the Titans become who they were in those issues.

Tim would be ok for future batman, but right now he is way too young.

I just read IC# 1 and I don't get why some people are so into this; it seemed just like a bunch of old school, mexican masked cheesy heroes getting slaughtered for no reason, Diana acting waaay out of character, and then DC reintroducing characters they erased from continuity to clean it up the FIRST time.

At least HoM told the story of Magneto's messed up kids and how his influence on them ultimately screwed up everything he was going for. I thought it was personal, and I liked it.

I still don't really get what's happening in IC, just seems like everything is going to hell all over the place. I don't get much emotional or character appeal from it, just mindless slaughtering and whiny characterizations.

p.s. Tim Drake is a pitiful excuse for a Robin. He's not even Batman's sidekick for cryin' out loud. Not to mention any story I've ever read he's always complaining about how Robin is just a temporary thing for him. FINE! Quit and just go skateboard or something. LAME-O! Drake as Bats? I don't freakin' think so!

I just read IC# 1 and I don't get why some people are so into this; it seemed just like a bunch of old school, mexican masked cheesy heroes getting slaughtered for no reason, Diana acting waaay out of character, and then DC reintroducing characters they erased from continuity to clean it up the FIRST time.

At least HoM told the story of Magneto's messed up kids and how his influence on them ultimately screwed up everything he was going for. I thought it was personal, and I liked it.

I still don't really get what's happening in IC, just seems like everything is going to hell all over the place. I don't get much emotional or character appeal from it, just mindless slaughtering and whiny characterizations.

p.s. Tim Drake is a pitiful excuse for a Robin. He's not even Batman's sidekick for cryin' out loud. Not to mention any story I've ever read he's always complaining about how Robin is just a temporary thing for him. FINE! Quit and just go skateboard or something. LAME-O! Drake as Bats? I don't freakin' think so!

I totally agree, except on Drake Robin. I'm really not feeling IC at all, like I said, it really is very exclusionary, and yes meanless slaughtering, and since there are no main characters as of yet, there has been no character development. HOM wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it. I'm only picking up IC because I feel like I have to. Robin rocks!

That's the whole point, the DCU is 'out of whack' right now. It was explained by GA Superman (or Earth-2 Superman) in issue #2.

MAN OH MAN!!!! The shizzzzle really began to hit the fan today in IC #2.....and woohoo, Damage is alive!

This series is everything I have been waiting for from DC for 15 years! Ever since they started screwing up their characters in the early 90's I have waited for a time when they would just fix the whole ball of wax. It was frustrating because not only would they not fix things, they wouldn't even recognize their mistakes. Now, they have recognized them, in the pages of a comic, and completely blown the doors off the entire DCU. Something is broken, and the original Man of Steel is here to fix it! It's just so freaking awesome! I love DC right now.