Who Here Has The Complete 1982 Straight Arm Series

Ren

I got most of the str-8 arms. Flash, Steeler, Zap, Clutch 1 & 2, Hawk, Short Fuse, and Breaker. I still want Grand Slam 1& 2 and Grunt 1&2. SE, Scarlett, and Stalker can wait.

I have all the Tiger Force and a few foreigns. Psyche Out, Airtight, Shipwreck, and Falcon.

Night Force is probably my fav and I only have 2 of them (of the original 2 waves.) Sneek Peek and Falcon MOSC.

I went through a Star Brigade phase thispast summer and got 90% of them.

Only 'Nok I'm missing is Zartan v1!

Am I the only one out there that doesn't like the 82 figures?  I just think they look so pitiful compared to the later years.  I just don't like em, so there's never been a draw to them for me.

The '82/'83 GI JOe figures have a very distinctive, classic look to them. I'll admit that I didn't really find them really appealing until I had collected all the later series figures that I wanted (mainly '84 through '86). Re-reading the original Marvel run of the comics is what ultimately got me interested in these figures again and I'm happy have them as part of my collection.

1136156633665_Room_Pic_Extra.jpg

1134585100102_Room_Pic_8.jpg

Unfortunately, only 4 out of 13 are straight-arm versions in my collection.

I'll tell ya two other sub-groups I'd like to have; the original Tiger Force figures and the original Night Force. I had kept my original Tiger Force figures absolutely mint for years and years, until one day I noticed some of them began to get those cracks you see in their elbow joints some figures have from that time period. I was mortified. I kept two or three of them that were still mint; Lifeline, Dusty, and Bazooka. I'd like to go back and rebuild my TF team. I loved those figures...

I'd also like to get the original Night Force figures. They eluded me back in the day because I was on the fence then so to speak about giving up G.I. Joes since I was getting "too old" for them at the time. Feh. Too old...and look at me now. (lol) The only Night Force figure I ever had was Crazy Legs, and I only got him second-hand in a trade with a friend. I just love their colors, especially Sneak-Peek for some reason; I think his NF colors are a vast improvement for a character who is involved in covert missions all the time, as his dossier would suggest. Why light gray and red for someone tryin' to sneak around and gather intel? Oh, and I was fascinated a few years ago to learn Repeater and Lt. Falcon were members of the original team. I hadn't remembered they were on it. And I love their NF colors as well. It's just a really nice set of figures I'd love to have, although I know I'm gonna pay an arm and a leg for them, since I want them MOC.

I'd also like to get the original Night Force figures. They eluded me back in the day because I was on the fence then so to speak about giving up G.I. Joes since I was getting "too old" for them at the time. Feh. Too old...and look at me now.

Yeah, I think that's why I'm not all that interested in the sub-groups. I bought a couple of Tiger Force figures back when they came out, but by then the TV show was gone, and I was getting older and less interested in GI Joe for both reasons. Although a cool concept, even at the time I thought it could have been executed better.

Night Force was way after my time. In fact, I'm not even sure it was released in Canada. I can see myself picking up a few of those guys, definitely.

Someday I`ll try to do that. I`d probably start with the Cobras though.

Always a great place to start. I think I'd like to someday collect all the Cobra Vipers. At least one of each. Not color variations (unless mission specific), but different types. I guess that's not exactly a subset, but that's what I want to collect.

Always a great place to start. I think I'd like to someday collect all the Cobra Vipers. At least one of each. Not color variations (unless mission specific), but different types. I guess that's not exactly a subset, but that's what I want to collect.

I was thinking of doing that, but with all the V1 colour variations. Some of them are pretty cool looking, but not enough to have more than one.

I was thinking of doing that, but with all the V1 colour variations. Some of them are pretty cool looking, but not enough to have more than one.

I was refering to the different type of Vipers. Tele-, Techno, Hydro, and so on. 1 of each version of all those. that's what I want.