Who Here Has The Complete 1982 Straight Arm Series

Ren

I'm getting close, I keep them all separate from the rest of my joe stuff, so far I have complete with original black not accessory pack drk. gray.

Vamp v1, MOBAT v1, Rock 'n' Roll, Scarlett, Grunt, Zap (with all Bazooka Varations except I broke both thumbs myself last year @grumpy@) Stalker, Breaker, Short Fuse, and I'm working on a complete Flash (need the visor and Black laser gun to be complete)

I also have MOSC's 9 back Grunt and 11 back Flash.

So it's a good start but far from over. I can't wait until I have the 82 series complete. It's a great idea for you new joe collectors to find a subgroup that you're fond of to seek out for completion, it's a lot of fun, and I can wait to have the original team restored to their full glory!!! Next is the Dreadnoks and the 83 series!!!

Who here has a favorite subgroup, (Dreadnoks, Night or Tiger Force, Python Patrol, etc.) and how close are you to completion? #US1#

A few years ago I purchased a box of Joes some guy had been storing in his attic for eons. I got an 82 Flash, and an 82 Scarlett that are so minty it brings a tear to my eye whenever I look at them. All their weapons. Not a single faded paint or paint chip ANYWHERE. The slingshot on scarletts butt, the pistol on her arm, the pads on flashes chest and legs and arms... They are so beautiful... and stiff.. man their joints are so stiff.

Ok I just wanted to speak proudly of my babies. I also have a complete snake eyes, stalker, Rock N Roll, Short Fuse, and Grunt. But grunts thumb is broke :( I still need hawk and grand slam, and the glider drivers and stuff.

Phanstar

I've got them all except that MM CC variant. I sold my vehicle a long time ago though, since my collection is all figures (except newer vehicles, a Tomahawk, Mauler, Giant Robot and the two small 1994 Mechs). My favorite subset would prolly be Night Force for the US, and Forca Fera or Forca Eco for the foreign stuff (count myself lucky to have them both).

For straight-arms I have Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer, Rock-n-Roll, Flash, Clutch, and Breaker. I lack any 1982 vehicles though. collecting vehicles is the weakest spot in my collection since I really don't have much room for them in my tiny apartment.

Next is the Dreadnoks and the 83 series!!!

For the Dreadnoks, I have the late 1984 trio (Buzzer, Ripper, Torch), Zartan, Zandar, and Zarana. I plan to get the rest of the 1986 Dreadnoks to finish off that set soon. Later ones like Road Pig really don't interest me, so I don't count them.

Roadpig is an awesome dreadnock. I wish I had him.

Phanstar

For sub groups I'd have to say Python Patrol. I LOVE Python Patrol. I have a complete set with the exception of the CG's head :( and Relampago. Tiger Force would be a close second though I'm far from complete there and Battle Force 2000 runs a VERY close third.

I also love the IGs, but they're actually a faction as opposed to a sub-group.

For the Dreadnoks, I have the late 1984 trio (Buzzer, Ripper, Torch), Zartan, Zandar, and Zarana. I plan to get the rest of the 1986 Dreadnoks to finish off that set soon. Later ones like Road Pig really don't interest me, so I don't count them.

Gnawgahyde is a pretty neat figure, I personally dig him more than Road Pig

I don't really like those first figures. My collection is much more personal for me anyway. I have complete, mint figures that I either had or loved as a kid. I thought the 85-87 Cobras were the coolest. Especially the original skill figures. so I have several mint, complete Ice Viper, viper, Snow Serpent, Eels, Techno viper, and then my favorite joes from those eras like Outback, SE, Falcon.

I was lucky and got most of the 82 straight arms in one auction (minus the drivers):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The reason that auction went so high is because of the cardbacks with undamaged art. I'm a cardback collector so this was the auction I was waiting for! Also, the seller said the figures were never used and I was skeptical until I got them but he wasn't lying. The Storm Shadow in that lot was perfectly white! I know exactly what Phanstar was talking about in the previous post.

1982 is my favorite year for collecting and I'm trying to get all the cardback variations from that year. My last count was there are 38 different cardbacks from 1982, counting the variations. The cardbacks I know of from 1982 are:

9-Backs

9-Backs without the "Snap-On, Stay-On" Text

9-Backs with the Cobra Commander offer

11-Backs

If anyone has found any of the other cardbacks without the "Snap-On, Stay-On" text above the bubble PLEASE email me! I'm just curious if these also exist with this variation.

Ok, back on-topic. I don't really have a favorite sub-group but I absolutely love the Cobra Infantry. If Cobra was only made up of the main characters and Cobra Infantry I would be love it! It's got to be Cobra blue for me! I'm still waiting for Hasbro to put out a Cobra troop transport in Cobra blue, even if it's just a repaint of the G.I. Joe APC. The Cobra transport helicopter from the comics would be awesome, too!

Dan

Hey dmooretoys that's pretty cool that they all come with full cardbacks in decent shape. But man that was on the expensive side of things. But on the other hand, purchasing all of those separately would prolly be more expensive. I like Gnawgahyde too, Stevy, funny thing is I lost his hat for almost a year, looked for it everywhere, then one day I found it in the bottom of my file cabiner, I have no idea how it got there!

I don't know if it would be considered a sub-line, but my new goal is to have all of the '82 figures in the original line-up that were re-issued in '83 with the "new" swivel-arm battle-grip arm construction. So far I've got two; back last spring I got Hawk and Clutch both still sealed in their original bubbles, but that's all I've got. I never, ever cared for the straight-arm ones, although I can appreciate their notoriety as collectibles.

• 1 month later...
I don't know if it would be considered a sub-line, but my new goal is to have all of the '82 figures in the original line-up that were re-issued in '83 with the "new" swivel-arm battle-grip arm construction. So far I've got two; back last spring I got Hawk and Clutch both still sealed in their original bubbles, but that's all I've got. I never, ever cared for the straight-arm ones, although I can appreciate their notoriety as collectibles.

True, but small joes had to start somewhere, so it's cool to have the "original 82's.............I don't even display them next to the 83's and above!

I've only got the straight-arm Snake Eyes. I was actually really, REALLY annoyed that he came, because the Ebay auction I won him from clearly had a picture of the swivel-arm version, which is what I wanted.

I want the original guys, but not straight-arm. I just don't like 'em that much, but maybe I'll want them after I finish my 1983-1987 collection.

Of the various subgroups in Joe My favorites are the IG's and the Dreadnoks. I've already got all of them so there isn't any other subgroup in particular that i'm trying to complete.

Possibly the Python Patrol. I have the newer ones that have been released the Two pack with the Viper and TeleViper and the 6-pack with Major Bludd and the other different vipers. And i have the original Cobra Viper but i still need the Trooper, Officer, Original Tele-Viper and the Crimson Guard.

I got em all, my favs are Flash, Stalker and Cobra Commander