I Guess It Was Only A Matter Of Time

Crimson Twins

I can't believe I'm saying this out right. I like Sigma 6. They converted me. I don't know if it is the cartoon, or the figures being crammed down my throat at every store that used to sell my beloved 3 3/4 line. I don't actually own any of the figures (yet), but the cartoon sure has me interested. I'm not blown away by the whole 'Sigma Suit' crap, but I think this is starting to get to the kids around here. Just about everywhere I went to today, the figures are slowly selling out. There really doesn't appear to be any pegwarmers. In fact, in my TRU the Sigma stuff is selling far better than the RAH, VvV stuff. The new look has grown on me. I think that is solely due to the cartoon. I'm still debating on whether or not I'll shell out $15 for each figure. I know a lot of people on here said they would never spend that much who now claim to have most, if not all, of the figures available. The price is still a bit steep for me. Maybe one or two. As for the cartoon, I really love it. I never thought anime would work for Joes. I was wrong. I think the story telling is what really saves it. Some bits are exagerated, but in all, it's pretty good. Well, go ahead and serve up that humble pie. I'll be eating it right along with my words from earlier about how much I was going to hate this line.

Well CT you know my old feelings on Sigma but now I love them. I say pick the one you like the most and get him! Then if you dig them as much as I think you will decide weither to get the $15 or $10 versions. I just got my third one today and the lady commented that they are selling very well with kids and adults alike!

Draven

dont worry CT it has happened to alot of guys including me and havent even seen one episode of the toon yet? the wife always has me to busy with a honey do list on sat mornings!

when i bought my first sigma six duke ooohhh a week or so ago TRU had a metric sh@t load of them! i went in today and they had 3 snake eyes and 1 heavy duty! so i bought the last pack of greenshirts they had as i needed em for my dio. even though i walked in there with $76.00 free and clear to spend and i dont have HD or snake eyes yet i couldnt bring myself to buy them? i like the sigma guys fro-joe needs some sigma friends but something in my head just wouldnt allow me to buy em??? hey it confused even me? cause i want them! maybe i got sigma sixed and then got desigma'd some how? wierd thing is i almost bought the heavy weapons pack cause one had a duke with perfect face painting! hhmmm ????????

TM

Another G.I.Joe fan turned over and replaced by the neighborhood SIGMA WIVES organization! :(

There must be some bad sh@# they're smokin' at those Sigma mind control meetings?

hitthis1cn.png

I'll be the last Real American 3 3/4" G.I.Joe action figure loyalist left, amongst all you converted pod people!

"NON-CONFORMIST...NON-CONFORMIST!!!!

invasion28fm.pnginvasion28fm.png

GET HIM!!!!"

welcome, i've been cooking and handing out the pie come get your slice j/k somebody mail vh a sigma6 fig and prays he doesn't fire cracker it and instead gets hooked @smilepunch@ man if i was a drugy i'd be all over that thing it's huge

BTW, good joke guys.

Figure if ya can't join'em.....might as well joke with'em! ;)

First Draven, now CT? What did Hasbro do? Coat the DTC stuff with S6 love potion? @smilepunch@

I'm still only into the cartoon, although I have still yet to see any of the figures in person. Although, I feel I can still withhold buying any of the figures when I eventually see them.

"I won't buy'em...you can't MAKE me!!

Must resist the powerful brainwave scanners...

being used by Sigma Six pod people!!!

Must...

fight...

the...

KA..PLOOOIE!!!"

explodinghead0ov.gif

VH that little video makes me barf every time you use it!!!!!

i looked all over for that pic of donald sutherland i was going to use it in dravens sigma thread,and i couldnt find it! Dam you and your stock pile of good pic's!

TM

Dam you and your stock pile of good pic's!

@haha@

All ya gots to do is ask!

I spotted some Sigma Six, pot smokin' pod people in the toy aisle at Target the other day.

They seemed to react rather aggressively to my un-Sigmaness...

"unnnnnn! NON-CONFORMIST!!

undeade1zd.png

EAT HIM!! EAT HIM!!!"

First Draven, now CT? What did Hasbro do? Coat the DTC stuff with S6 love potion? @smilepunch@

I'm still only into the cartoon, although I have still yet to see any of the figures in person. Although, I feel I can still withhold buying any of the figures when I eventually see them.

Oh yeah and let me tell ya, they smell so lovely!

Draven

Ok Im sold... no question about.. VIPER HUNTER RULES... That giant bong post was classic..

I pledge allegiance to the viper hunter and all things anti sigma six. And to the 3 3/4 inches, which is how high they stand.... Ahh whatever......

Hey let's not get carried away. I'm not turning on my 3 3/4 buddies in any way. And, I really don't think I'll 'collect em all' when it comes to Sigma 6. I just think they got my interested enough with the cartoon (wife always said I think like a 5 yr old) to maybe check 1 or 2 of these guys out.

Hey let's not get carried away.  I'm not turning on my 3 3/4 buddies in any way.  And, I really don't think I'll 'collect em all' when it comes to Sigma 6.  I just think they got my interested enough with the cartoon (wife always said I think like a 5 yr old) to maybe check 1 or 2 of these guys out.

@haha@

It's all for the love of a good ribbin'! @smilepunch@

{add dramatic music intro}

One day, they may return the 3 3/4" line BACK to share retail shelf space alongside the Sigma Six line, and all will be together again as ONE of the many styles of G.I.Joe, any kid (or collector) could possibly desire?

Until then, the 8" scale is being touted as what Joe HAS TO BE in order to sell, be it per wishes of the kids or demands of the retailers, and I'm indifferent to that theory. I've seen some of the crap toys that are out there, that apparently sell well enough to the kids, and it's all because the toys have better promotion and recognition going for them, by way of weekly cartoon. G.I.Joes aren't crap (not even Sigma Six) but they've needed the type of boost the cartoon is working up with the kids right now, for quite sometime and I'm disappointed that Hasbro removed the 3 3/4" line right at the time that this all took place.

It would be the same as asking for a particular "tool" for your job that you know would help in your productivity immensely...but being denied. Then when your position is terminated because of poor performance...you turn around and see that the "tool" you've been requesting all along has been supplied to the NEW GUY they've hired to take your place, and because HIS productivity soars....HE gets the credit for being the difference and not the tool.

Sigma Six is the "new guy"....and I hate him! @haha@

Hey let's not get carried away.  I'm not turning on my 3 3/4 buddies in any way.  And, I really don't think I'll 'collect em all' when it comes to Sigma 6.  I just think they got my interested enough with the cartoon (wife always said I think like a 5 yr old) to maybe check 1 or 2 of these guys out.

@haha@

It's all for the love of a good ribbin'! @smilepunch@

{add dramatic music intro}

One day, they may return the 3 3/4" line BACK to share retail shelf space alongside the Sigma Six line, and all will be together again as ONE of the many styles of G.I.Joe, any kid (or collector) could possibly desire?

Until then, the 8" scale is being touted as what Joe HAS TO BE in order to sell, be it per wishes of the kids or demands of the retailers, and I'm indifferent to that theory. I've seen some of the crap toys that are out there, that apparently sell well enough to the kids, and it's all because the toys have better promotion and recognition going for them, by way of weekly cartoon. G.I.Joes aren't crap (not even Sigma Six) but they've needed the type of boost the cartoon is working up with the kids right now, for quite sometime and I'm disappointed that Hasbro removed the 3 3/4" line right at the time that this all took place.

It would be the same as asking for a particular "tool" for your job that you know would help in your productivity immensely...but being denied. Then when your position is terminated because of poor performance...you turn around and see that the "tool" you've been requesting all along has been supplied to the NEW GUY they've hired to take your place, and because HIS productivity soars....HE gets the credit for being the difference and not the tool.

Sigma Six is the "new guy"....and I hate him! @haha@

I feel the same way about your 'new guy' theory. I'm almost 100% sure that if the 3 3/4 line had the backing of the cartoon, that kids would be buying em up by the hundreds. I'm really hoping Hasbro decides to give the little Joes another chance in stores so that they can feed off the hype of the toon. Let's face it, the Joe cartoons have always been 30 min commercials for their latest products.

I feel the same way about your 'new guy' theory. I'm almost 100% sure that if the 3 3/4 line had the backing of the cartoon, that kids would be buying em up by the hundreds. I'm really hoping Hasbro decides to give the little Joes another chance in stores so that they can feed off the hype of the toon. Let's face it, the Joe cartoons have always been 30 min commercials for their latest products.

Exactly!

Hasbro gives the kids and collectors options, with almost every other action figure toyline, but now they've reduced our Joes down to nothing but Sigma Six, and dangling our 3 3/4" Joes over an abyss, and demanding we collectors (privy to the online ONLY thing) support them, or they drop them! :(

They should let the kids have the options of the 8" stylized figures, for the kids who are attracted to them, and of course the 3 3/4" scale for those that prefer them.

Isn't more always merrier? ^_^

Viper Hunter Posted on Oct 6 2005, 10:12 AM

this is why i've so much respect for you, because although you have no great feelings for s6, your not down right saying mean hateful words, like others, just fun poking, thanks vh, you make just a little easier to talk and collect w/o feeling guilty.....ok that last part was pushing it @loll@

this is why i've so much respect for you, because although you have no great feelings for s6, your not down right saying mean hateful words, like others, just fun poking, thanks vh, you make just a little easier to talk and collect w/o feeling guilty.....ok that last part was pushing it @loll@

^_^ Ohhh..I've done my share of Sigma bashing and using terms like "crap" and "sucks" and all the other derogatory words to describe my contention with them, but all in all, they're still just toys and whether I like them or not, they'll be popular with somebody, and I would just be arrogant for the sake of being obnoxious, to think I'm right for not liking them and everybody that DOES is wrong.

That's not quite how it works.

Nevertheless, I still have my own opinions on them, and it is fun to chide those who come on to say they've joined the ranks of Sigma Six owners.

I've ruffled some feathers with my harsh opinions on Hasbro for doing things the way they have, and with my posts that contained some of those meanspirited rants where I used the words like "crap" and "sux" etc... I mentioned, but it's cool you see around it, and know it all comes from being a passionate Joe fan, and it's all about the toys themselves, and not really about people personally. ^_^

Nobody needs to "feel guilty" about being such a fan of G.I.Joe, that it goes BEYOND just the 3 3/4" scale of them...as it's pretty obvious that G.I.Joe is much more than that, at least to most people...and that they wish to collect everything that represents the characters they love from the mythos of it.

I'm not so much that way, but I understand why there are those that are, and it's all cool! @hmmm@ Unless I want to give somebody some crap about it? @haha@