Would You Buy A 3 3/4" Sigma 6 Theme 6 Pack?

SentinelPrime

Would you purchase a Sigma 6 style 3 3/4" 6 pack?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase a Sigma 6 style 3 3/4" 6 pack?

• I would buy a Joe version.
    • I would buy a COBRA version.
    • I would buy either version.
    • Only if they are RAH molds.
    • Only if they are new molds.
    • No. Screw Sigma Six.
    • None of your !#$ business!

Sort of a moot point for me being a completist collector, but if I weren't a completist, I would still buy them if well-executed. The fact that they were taken from S6 designed wouldn't bother me in the slightest, so long as they weren't all boxy/angular looking like the 8" versions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be all for it. A 6-pack of the Joes (Duke, Scarlett, Heavy Duty, Tunnel Rat, Snake Eyes, Hi-Tech/Long Range) and then a 6-pack of the Cobras (Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Zartan, Storm Shadow, Major Bludd?). 3.75" versions done up the DTC way would rock it out!!

I would get either of the sets as well. I was thinking this when looking at the commercial this morning for the sigma line. Perhaps this will be brought up at the next con as "potentials".

So would they look like the 8" figures in 3" form, or would they look like the other 3" new sculpts?

Also, one of the "selling points" of S6 is the gobs of gear which wouldn't work quite as well in 3" format (look at Tunnel Rat's squirt gun and comare it to S6 Heavy Duty).

I would get either of the sets as well. I was thinking this when looking at the commercial this morning for the sigma line. Perhaps this will be brought up at the next con as "potentials".

Speaking of the con....has it been confirmed of it's being discontinued yet?

So would they look like the 8" figures in 3" form, or would they look like the other 3" new sculpts?

For my money...they best look like other 3" sculpts, with just the uniform design, gear and THEME of Sigma Six being the distinguishing factor.

I would not have a problem buying either. My only problem with Sigma 6 is the size. I always want something that is capatable with the collection I already have.

Don't get me wrong after seeing Sigma 6 in person I don't have a problem with them. I wouldn't buy them for the sam reason I stoped collecting the 12" joes. They will take up space I don't have and the money spent on them could be used for the 3 3/4 line. Other than that they are pretty cool. I think they will have high appeal for the kids.

I would get either of the sets as well.  I was thinking this when looking at the commercial this morning for the sigma line.  Perhaps this will be brought up at the next con as "potentials".

Speaking of the con....has it been confirmed of it's being discontinued yet?

Well VH according to the new newsletter they are looking for a different location for next years con. They also have been already working on the next years set too. I would give up on your hopes that the convention would be discontinued anytime soon. ;)

Well VH according to the new newsletter they are looking for a different location for next years con. They also have been already working on the next years set too. I would give up on your hopes that the convention would be discontinued anytime soon. ;)

:o whaaaat?

I'm not "hoping" any such thing! I'm hoping they book a gig in Ohio, so I can finally attend one.

I'm just skeptical (imagine that?) as to whether they're going to go ahead with one this next year, and believe it's pending on how well the Sigma Six thing goes.

A flop on that embarkment, may have G.I.Joe shifting BACK into "hiatus" status.

Well VH according to the new newsletter they are looking for a different location for next years con.  They also have been already working on the next years set too.  I would give up on your hopes that the convention would be discontinued anytime soon. ;)

:o whaaaat?

I'm not "hoping" any such thing! I'm hoping they book a gig in Ohio, so I can finally attend one.

I'm just skeptical (imagine that?) as to whether they're going to go ahead with one this next year, and believe it's pending on how well the Sigma Six thing goes.

A flop on that embarkment, may have G.I.Joe shifting BACK into "hiatus" status.

Oooh, having it in OH would rule because I could go also! My sister lives near Grove City, Columbus, VH. What part do you live in? As a matter of fact, I'll be taking a trip down there next week.

I hope Master Collector doesn't do S6 6-packs, because I'd like to be able to actually afford them! $20 sounds perfect to me! Hopefully DTC gets 'em to us in the near future.

Oooh, having it in OH would rule because I could go also! My sister lives near Grove City, Columbus, VH. What part do you live in? As a matter of fact, I'll be taking a trip down there next week.

I'm on the opposite North end of Grove City...in the Dublin area.

I'd definitely get 3.75" versions of s6 figures, especially the Joes. On the Cobra side, I'm not really crazy about the Destro or Baroness designs, Overkill & BATs are coming, and we know the Cobra Commander design exists from Ebay. Torch and Tunnel Rat look to be almost identical to their VvV figures (ignoring Tunnel Rat's hair).

And I could see them launching a 3.75" s6 line, possibly as an exclusive to Target or TRU. The ROCC and Rhino could be straight reissues of the DTC items (I'd assume they're nearly identical to the show?), Hasbro loves doing crimson repaints making the DTC HISS very likely, the Ice Sabre could have minor changes and is a good vehicle. Toss in retools of the mechs and you've got a nice sized assortment of stuff.

+-MWG-+

I'd definitely get 3.75" versions of s6 figures, especially the Joes. On the Cobra side, I'm not really crazy about the Destro or Baroness designs, Overkill & BATs are coming, and we know the Cobra Commander design exists from Ebay. Torch and Tunnel Rat look to be almost identical to their VvV figures (ignoring Tunnel Rat's hair).

And I could see them launching a 3.75" s6 line, possibly as an exclusive to Target or TRU. The ROCC and Rhino could be straight reissues of the DTC items (I'd assume they're nearly identical to the show?), Hasbro loves doing crimson repaints making the DTC HISS very likely, the Ice Sabre could have minor changes and is a good vehicle. Toss in retools of the mechs and you've got a nice sized assortment of stuff.

+-MWG-+

Yeah, you're right, Target/TRU exclusives would be done exactly this way! I'd love it! Especially a chance at getting an Ice Sabre; I never saw one of those at retail.

VH, my best friend's sister lives in Dublin! Small world!

yes if they were in scale with the original gijoe ARAH figures! it would be cool if the team had matching black uniforms only with different accent colors as the S6 figures do. it would rule!

TM

If this was even something Hasbro would consider doing (unlikely) I believe they would just do it for the DTC line, which at this point I'm not even certain of how much longer that's going to stay an option for 3 3/4" fans.

I just don't think they'd do any 3 3/4" Sigma Stuff, to sit alongside the 8" line....at retail, since this was the big plan on how to either "appease Walmart toy experts, attract the kids or replace the 12" and 3 3/4" lines altogether"?

I'm sure they're thinking, is that if 3 3/4" didn't sell enough before and Sigma Six does better now...it's been the scale all along, that was the deteriment. :(

What would be the big deal? It would just be ANOTHER version of Snake Eyes (what 30 now?), Duke, Heavy Duty and Storm Shadow.

And a "distinctive" team look isn't really all that great when you consider how many people hated the Anti-Venom set because of it.

And a "distinctive" team look isn't really all that great when you consider how many people hated the Anti-Venom set because of it.

Those TRU exclusive 6-packs have been leaving much to be desired though. The molds are old and repetitive, not to mention the color schemes, application of those colors and weapon choices, have ALL been a big disappointment with many of the sets.

I can see room for a LOT of improvement on these sets, that would make them much better, but I'm sure that they have to cut corners somewhere, just to be able to keep 6 figures with accessories down to a reasonable pricepoint of $19.99.

Some new molded figures, with some of the nice new articulation features, put together with quality paint aps, in the cool Sigma Six color scheme, would still be a pretty neat set, even if it's only getting yet ANOTHER version of some over done characters. :)

Seems the only thing keeping G.I.Joe alive right now, is the popularity of Larry Hama's characters. They've had to resort to changing the scale but keeping the names familiar and relying on the fandom to go after anything or better yet EVERYTHING that has those familiar names slapped on'em.