Red Ninja (sort Of)

Alyosha

Hey guys! I know I haven't been around much lately, but that has kind of been out of my control since I am staying with freinds until I find a new job and apartment (lost both in one day after my accident last month). Almost everything I have is in storage (including most of my custom stuff) for the time being, but I have purchased a few paints to do some work in the off hours. I've finished one of the custom cast action figures that Master_Gunzz sent for me to do, and thought you guys might like a peek. Originally, he was planned to be an update of the "Red Ninja" that we received in the 6 packs last year, but I decided to do something way weirder than that. I used him to update the rare and unusual Red Ninja from 1993. A lot of collectors hate the neon stuff (and rightly so), but it does hold a nostalgic place in my heart, and I thought it deserved a second look. With out further ado...Red Ninja (courtesy Alyosha & Master Gunzz).

before:

RedNinja.jpg

after:

Red_Ninja_frt.jpg

Red_Ninja_lt.jpg

Red_Ninja_rt.jpg

Red_Ninja_lt_plain.jpg

Red_Ninja_back.jpg

For those who are curious, yes, that flourescent red is exactly as bright as it appears.

hood-Zartan

head-Cobra Commander

chest-VvV Snake Eyes

arms-VvV Gung Ho (v1) (modded heavily for fit and astethics)

waist-VvV Snake Eyes

thighs-Zartan (I changed them from the Night Creeper ones he came with)

lower legs-Snake Eyes

feet-Night Creeper

weapons-various

colors:

Testors' Flat Black

custom mixed flesh to match arms

Tamiya Purple

Tamiya Flourescent Red

Krylon Matte White

Krylon Flat Black

Tamiya Titanium Silver

Next up, EELS Combat Diver!

PS- To those few who are still waiting on stuff, just bear with me a tad longer until I get settled after next weekend. Then it's off to storage (45 miles away), and back to work.

i'm torn. when i saw master_gunzz's pictures and came across that mold, i wasn't entirely thrilled with it...

now, even with the mid-90's paint job, it definitely looks better. i think the only problem i have with it is zartan's hood, just can't get into that piece too much.

by the way, i have some stuff coming from MG and i stocked up on some tamiya paints. i tried testing them out on a few spare joe parts, but the paint wouldn't take to the plastic, it'd just be spread out thinly. what do you use to prime your figures with?

Still awesome work as always.

Here's a comparison pic of the original that shows the look I was going for. As you can see, it's pretty gaudy...the things I like about it the most is the name...it's called Red Ninja, but there really isn't any regular red on it anywhere. If you notice, I flopped the colors on the chest so the red wouldn't be quite so obnoxious, but it really didn't help.

I really dig this figure, actually, and I HATED the whole neon color 90's figures (for the most part, I mean c'mon...Ice Cream Soldier...*shudder*). I could so see Snake Eyes and Kamakura, back-to-back, against an army of these guys! Nice work as always Alyosha! I am, also, looking forward very much to your next installment of "My Brother's Keeper"! Keep us posted on when it'll be up!

DA- I was going to do exactly that. I want to make one that's a bit more tame.

Seph- I wish I could take credit for "My Brother's Keeper", but if I'm not mistaken, that's one of our resident's Violentfix. Good stuff.

BG- I started to paint the 'nades the same titanium, but changed my mind at the last minute to keep from drawing attention to a Ninja with 'nades. Wonky!

Seph- I wish I could take credit for "My Brother's Keeper", but if I'm not mistaken, that's one of our resident's Violentfix. Good stuff.

Oh, geez, you're right! Ach, so many talented individuals around here, I'm getting 'em all mixed up! It's not like I have the "I'm a newbie" excuse to use either!! Oh well, I stand by all that I said...just redirect it!! :D

Thanks for the comments and criticisms guys. I knew that the neon coloring wasn't for everyone, but I really wanted to do something visually obnoxious, so damn the torpedoes! I really like getting these pieces from M_G because that means that I don't have to hack up anymore whole figures, and the designs aren't too shabby either! @smilepunch@