Rundown On Cybertron

madman1366

I was fiddeling around with Hot Shot today and I change my mind (am I allowed to do that) I give him a 9.95.

If not for the windshield that forms the back piece that either flips out all the way or doens't flip out at all he coulda been perfect. I sorta like the colors on this one for some reason.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I guess I like it becuase I can transform it in the same amount of time as they do on the show. Articulation wise Hot Shot looks very G1 but is more poseable. I think it's the legs that really make me like him. Not better than the alternators, but this little sucker is REALLY growing on me. It'll probably be the only Cybertron figure I carry over and keep on display as opposed to throwing in a box or putting them on eBay.

Good point. Even the basic-sized motorcycles are out of scale anyway.

Both Axer and Arcee came out pretty good in bot mode. I think they just had to find a way to integrate the lame gimmic for Ransack.

On figures that small there's not really a whole lot they can do as far as the key gimmick goes. Gun barrels flipping out is just something simple and easy to use for a variety of different figures.

The beauty of Ransack is the alternate transformations you can do with him. He has a kinda cool hover bike mode and REALLY neat gun battery mode. He was one of the figures that I didn't think I would like at first, but I got him anyway and it didn't take me very long to really start to like him. His bot mode is pretty cool and extremely poseable, so what's not to like?

Clocker, on the other hand, doesn't NEED the key to activate his gun, just to flip the barrels up to the top of it. You can also just fold out the barrels and keep them on the sides, but that doesn't really look as good or you can just keep the barrels folded in and use it as a shield. Plus, his tailpipes make for nice weapons too. Again, he's got a cool robot mode and is very Poseable but he also has a neat car mode and a more complex tranformation for a figure his size. I just don't get why more people don't like him.

It's probably the god-awful colors. Honestly if Ransack was all black like a REAL motorcycle then I'm sure we'd have trouble finding him, likewise goes for Clocker. The colors are what initially turned me off to this line, but I've been giving them all a fair chance.

Then again I can't stand the toon so I have no real attachment to the characters so it's all based off toys. Honestly though poseability really can't help these figures out too much when Alternators are usually 10x more poseable or have better articulation in general. Not comparing these to alternators because I really do appreciate the price of the cybertron figures compared to the alternators, but paint scheme and maybe just sculpting wise some of these figures do lack. (Clocker's hollow yellow/orange arms make him look like a cheap g2 figure or something...)

• 5 weeks later...

Picked up Undermine, Brakedown and Mudflap.

Undermine: 2.

Doesn't really "transform." Just split the beast head and straighten him up and voila!. The "arm" articulation is terrible. This isn't the first split head into arms TF but it sucks.

Brakedown: 4.

The arms are weak and don't stay in position in bot mode when you try to move him. But looks really nice.

Mudflap: 8.

Woulda been better if the weapons came off and could be hand held. Even the key gimmicks are nice (though the missile gets in the way a lot).

Just a quick update on a few of my newer figures.

Undermine: 6.5- He's actually better than I thought he'd be. I still think his robot head looks like total crap, but he's good to display in dino mode.

Sideways: 9- Solid figure all the way around! Great alt mode and a mean looking and nicely poseable bot mode.

Snarl: 7.5- I'm still not crazy about having an animal head for a hand but other than that he's really a neat figure.

Supreme Starscream: 8- I know a lot of people don't like him cuz he's too big, but I think he's awesome. A little more articulation would have gone a long way, but I'm not complaining.

Voyager Starcream (Hasbro) 8.5- He's a bit more fun to transform. I don't mind the different color scheme like so many others do. He's just a nice alternative to paying twice the price for a GF version.

Your opinion is stupid.

You're clearly just another leftover G1 fan.

Find a new hobby, you don't deserve Galaxy Force/Cybertron.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

This is still funny as @firedevil@ Will never forget that leftover G1 comment....

• 2 weeks later...
Leobreaker: 3.

Got a +1 for being a triplechanger. If this was Cheetor or Ravage, the "voice" would work not for an enormous lion like this.

Evac: 8.

the propellers are kinda loose on mine and I can easily see the head slipping into the chest with play wear.

Evac's head does slide rather loosely up and down but don't forget it's connected to the backpack which acts as a lever and it locks in place, granted it does come loose easily, but it should at least hold up well for display purposes. So there shouldn't be any problems with the head slipping down.

Personally I like Leobreaker. He might not be the greatest figure in terms of articulation, but he looks great on a shelf with the rest of the Autobots and that's where mine stay 99% of the time anyway.

Scourge 7, WOuld have been higher if he had more arm articulation looks great in his alt mode though, transformation is a little to simplistic for my taste.

Starscream(GF) 9, close to perfect, just wish they would ditch the gimmicks and allow the back to be flat instead of sticking out. Not as bad as a Armada seeker though.

Armorhide 8.5, for a basic this is a nice figure. Only problem I have with him is that his joints are a little to loose for my taste and standing him is somewhat difficult.

Current Average:

Recon Mini-Con Team: 6.9

Clocker: 6.2

Ransack: 5.9

Armorhide: 8.4

Hardtop: 6.9

Brakedown: 6.4

Scattorshot: 7.3

Overhaul: 4.3

Undermine: 5.6

Hot Shot: 8.4

Landmine: 7.7

Red Alert: 8

Dirt Boss: 6.4

Override: 5.8

Thundercracker: 5

Sideways: 9

Snarl: 7.5

Mudflap: 8.1

Leobreaker: 6.5

Vector Prime: 7.1

Crumplezone: 6.3

Evac: 8

Scourge: 7.8

Jetfire: 6.8

Dark Scorponok: 8.5

Optimus Prime: 8.9

Megatron: 8.4

Starscream: 8.2

there aren't really any figures I don't like, I think cybertron is a sweet line!

really wish I could get one of those optimus/ultra magnus two packs though

Minicons:

Recon team 6

Scout:

Clocker 9

Ransack 8

Armorhide 8.5

Hardtop 8

Breakdown 8

Scattorshot 7.5

Overhaul 7

Deluxe:

Hot Shot 9

Landmine 8

Red Alert 9

Dirt Boss 7

Override 7.5

Thundercracker 6

Voyager:

Mudflap 9.5

Leobreaker 8

Vector Prime 10

Crumplezone 7

Ultra:

Scourge 9

Jetfire 7

Leader:

Optimus 8

Megatron 10

Super :

Starscream 8 but the GF Starscream 10

Minicons:

Recon team 8

Scout:

Clocker 6

Ransack 8

Armorhide 10++

Hardtop 9

Breakdown 7

Scattorshot 8

Overhaul 7

Undermine 7

Deluxe:

Hot Shot 9

Landmine 9

Red Alert 9

Sideways 10

Override 5

Thundercracker 5

Blurr 8

Starscream 10 (may be a different color but still a kick @ss toy)

Snarl 8

Voyager:

Mudflap 8

Leobreaker 10

Vector Prime 8

Crumplezone 9

Evac 10

Ultra:

Scorponok 9

Scourge 9

Jetfire 9

Leader:

Optimus 10

Supreme:

Starscream 10

Sideways 9.5. Best Transformer in a long time imo. He is soooo sweet. The last transformer I liked this much was other than the Alternators was Transmetal Cheetor. Like someone said above the parts pop off a lil too easily.

Prime 9 One of the Great Primes imo.

Scrourge 8.5 Solid as a rock, but one of the coolest looking in alt.

Leobreaker 8 A little too solid too, but the thing look so rad.

Ransak 7 Great alt mode and cool looking robot mode. Tiny feet @grumpy@

That's really all I have so far. I plan on getting Evac and Red Alert later. You guys have just praised them too much for me to pass up.

I'll weigh in here, first off, some ratings from previous lines, for comparison

10--Landmine(E), Unicron(A), Scourge(RiD), TM2 Megatron(BW), Soundwave(G1)

9--Starscream(E), Supercon Optimus Prime(A), Megatron(RiD), TM Tarantulas(BW), Tracks(G1)

8--Shockblast(E), Wheeljack(A), Rail Racer(RiD), Optimal Optimus(BW), Sideswipe(G1)

7--Bulkhead(E), Megatron(A), Optimus Prime(RiD), TM Rattrap(BW), Wheeljack(G1)

6--Hot Shot(E), Red Alert(A), Prowl 2(RiD), TM Rhinox(BW), Skids(G1)

5--Demolisher(E), Starscream(A), Side Burn(RiD), Megatron(BW), Blitzwing(G1)

4 and below--Optimus Prime(E), Sideswipe(A), Bruticus(RiD), Optimus Prime(BM), Kup(G1)

First off, these ratings are all based on figures I own...

Lets start off with the basics(Scout). Before I start rating stuff, I must say that Cybertron has the best lineup of basic sized figure any line has ever had. Nothing comes even close.

9 Ramble(Japanese, forget the American name)---I have blue and yellow and I love them both

9 Recon Minicon team---Top two minicons ever. EVER.

9 Armorhide---I actually like the squat look. It looks tough. Love this little guy.

9 Scattorshot---good looking figure loaded with guns.

8 Backstop---Don't ask why, but I like this, Its cute.

8 Breakdown---No Comment.

8 Wreckloose---Generic beast mode, but nice looking robot. Bizarre weapon.

8 Overhaul---It has grown on me.

7 Brushguard---Prefer the original.

7 Ransack---best motorcycle transformer ever, at least until Lugnutz...

7 Clocker---Nice transformation, but kind of plain.

6 Hardtop---Decent but not special.

6 Undermine---Gets a six for originality.

* Street Speed Minicon Team---Haven't seen this yet.

Deluxes---I just wish there were more. I always feel there should be as many deluxes as there are figures in the entire rest of the line.

10 Red Alert---Great looking figure with great gimmicks.

9 Sideways---Fantastic looking figure, though a few odd proportions and looseness knock off a point.

9 Hot Shot---Best car Transformer(Non-Alternators) since G1 Hot Rod. Could use a better color scheme...hello repaint!

8 Snarl---I'm kind of mixed on this guy. I have mixed feelings about the robot, but the gun/sword gives it an 8 all by itself.

8 Longrack---I liked the original, and this has a great new head.

8 Override---Great figure, but flimsy and has a dumb gun.

7 Blurr---I like the head.

7 Landmine---Generic with no flaws.

6 Buzzsaw---Doesn't add much to the Armada original.

4 Dirt Boss---Looks dumb, but the gimmick with the wheels is fun to mess with.

3 Thundercracker---At least it looks decent as a jet, and a Russian one at that.

2 Runamuck---This figure has sucked every time they've dumped it on us.

Voyager(dumb name) class

10 Starscream---I have both the TRU and Japanese version. G1/WW triangle jet thingy and looks great as a robot.

9 Vector Prime---Japanese version, which I have, gets a 10. Even with the limp sword and lesser detail, still a classic. Also carries 3rd best Minicon ever.

8 Evac---Looks like a 10, but flaws such as iffy Helicopter detail, looseness, and a 3 inch grappling hook line bring this to an 8.

8 Leobreaker---Waiting for the Decepticon version and the upcoming Optimus vs. Megatron Lion-Arm Wrestling Match.

7 Mudflap---Can stab Unicron in the face.

6 Crumplezone---Just OK, though I don't mind the gorilla proportions.

Ultra

10 Scourge---I don't care about any flaws anyone cares to point out. Scourge is cool enough for it not to matter.

9 CD Red Alert---Most articulated brick ever. Great figure.

7 Dark Scorponok---Better than regular type.

6 Jetfire---Not really a fan. Never a fan of figures that fall over and have a big hole in the middle. Bomber mode rules though.

Leader

9 Optimus Prime---Best non-G1 Optimus Prime ever.

8 Megatron---Batmobile!!! Galvatron WILL be a 9.

Supreme

7 Starscream---Notice I gave Mega Starscream a 10. At this size, the thing is just silly, especially in jet mode.

All in all, I rate this line pretty high. Best non-G1 line ever, without breaking a sweat.

clocker 8 (might be dwindling lower when I rumble) honestly not a bad basic but still kinda wished I'd saved my money. He's not that solid of a figure.....the key thing is more of an irritant than a blessing and a little more work could have been done.

thundercracker 6 I gave this guy a chance cos he can do a gearwalk mode which looks pretty cool. Other than that he is not that solid, the designers/engeneers were too damn lazy to make sure things snapped together well and not fall apart in bot mode. the only inovative things on him that should be reapeated if not standeredized in future transformers and in jets inparticular is how the hand folds away into a compartment and the feet into the legs to expose thrusters.....really nice part.

Hot Shot 1 you got it, one point for having actual car seats in the the alt mode. If this was a basic sized car then, it would have gotten an 8 but seeing as this was a deluxe, well I've seen GOBOTS w/ more complicated transformations. This guy was a total disappointment......one should expect alot more out of a deluxe sized toy.

Wreckloose: 1

A repaint of one of the worst toys of the line automatically gets a lower grade. I don't plan to get him.

Street Speed Rainbow Team: 2

I think I'm blind after seeing them in the store.

Happy Meal Rhinox: 1

Oops, I mean Backstop. Shoulda been a deluxe (at least).

Sideways: 8

Coulda gotta a 9 but the character is just lame.