Need Info On This 1980's Non-tf Robo Series

abraxsis

Not really sure if it has wheels, but I think this is the one that came with the one inch pilot figures that fit inside the little cockpits.

When this stuff arrives I'll be sure to take some decent pics with my new cam, when that arrives too...lol.

:o

Is Convertors the series where Whirl and Roadbuster originated from?

I'm asking because toys are listed on that website that are very similar to them:

Whirl as a chopper

Whirl in botmode

Roadbuster as a 4WD

Roadbuster in botmode

Source: Source

I'm asking because toys are listed on that website that are very similar to them:

Whirl as a chopper

Whirl in botmode

Roadbuster as a 4WD

Roadbuster in botmode

No, the converters Whirl and Roadbuster aren't even half the size as the real ones.

Not sure, but I had Chopper as a kid and it was about half the size of G1 Whirl. Whirl stands at about 7 to 8 inches tall, Chopper was maybe 4 inches tall. No idea which came first.

I just picked up that green jeep at botcon for a buck! I aleady had the KO that was in roadbuster colors. I think the helicopter,roadbuster, that space thing and sun yak were all in the same line. I know I had all of them growing up. They were 1.5 the size of gobots.

Whirl as a chopper

Whirl in botmode

Roadbuster as a 4WD

Roadbuster in botmode

Heh, I think those were the last TF's I got; IIRC, the helicoptor was grey, and the 4wd was orange/brown and green(?)

Anyone have any info, or possibly links to sites with info & pics of other toys in this line?

Had a similar toy, same colors but it turned into a jet, when I was a kid and would like to find out more about the series. Anyone?

robot199.jpg

What you have there sir, is an "Ogroid" from"Super dimensional Orguss". The same people who brought Valkyries and Robotech into the limelight back in the day.

Check out this site for more info on the toys and the show.

http://orguss.freeservers.com/toys.html

Well the Voltron stuff arrived today. I was right, the voltron is the one with the little cockpits and pilots. Unfortunately there were only two pilots included. Still not bad for the cost.

Here it is compared to my reissue metal Voltron.

100_0042.jpg

100_0046.jpg