Anybody Know Who This Ebay Seller Is?

SKYWARP

He just beat me out in 10 joe auctions for resealed figures that's all. He must have really wanted them. I couldn't get into a bidding war with him because I have this stupid dial up connection. I have to place all my bids before 2 min's are left in each auction or they won't go through. Ah well I guess you win some and lose some.

He just beat me out in 10 joe auctions for resealed figures that's all. He must have really wanted them. I couldn't get into a bidding war with him because I have this stupid dial up connection. I have to place all my bids before 2 min's are left in each auction or they won't go through. Ah well I guess you win some and lose some.

how about instead of engaging in bidding wars simply place your bid at the maximum amount and then just let it ride. if you are willing to pay more than you bid, simply bid that much more when you bid initially.

That or buy that bidding program, I swear I get sniped by that alot. Thats actually a good thing I suppose.

That's what I was gonna say, sometime it's a relief because it saved me from spendin a lot more than I should have, or a lot more than the item's worth.

Everyone gets sniped in the last few seconds; it's one of the typical seedy elements of Ebay that's best served for another argument, but still to get sniped by the same guy ten times is a bit much. Were they all in a row? What kind of time frame (all in the same day, week or month)?

He just beat me out in 10 joe auctions for resealed figures that's all.  He must have really wanted them.  I couldn't get into a bidding war with him because I have this stupid dial up connection.  I have to place all my bids before 2 min's are left in each auction or they won't go through.  Ah well I guess you win some and lose some.

Everyone gets sniped in the last few seconds; it's one of the typical seedy elements of Ebay that's best served for another argument, but still to get sniped by the same guy ten times is a bit much. Were they all in a row? What kind of time frame (all in the same day, week or month)?

Bottom line is, he won the auctions. If he sniped him 1 time, or 1000 times, it's all perfectly legal, and you really can't be mad if someone is willing to pay more than you. That is the whole purpose behind an auction. You bid on what you want to buy. If you win, great. If not, then who cares who beats you out for the item. Like it's been said a million times before, just put in your max bid. If you get beat, oh well. Then your max wasn't good enough, and you deserve to lose.

I don't think this guy was purposely picking on anyone, I think he was just willing to pay more for the same items.

I agree sniping happens, but if the same guy is seeing the same person bidding on stuff and is stalking him from auction to auction (especially if it's the same thing that he wants to buy but the same sniper keeps preventing him from getting), I'd e-mail the guy really quickly.

I think it depends on what he was bidding on. If it was the same thing but the same guy prevented him from getting it again and again over a relatively short period of time, then there's a pattern for stalking there.

I got someone right now who is trying to raise my bid by creating another account. I was skeptical at first, but he's raised me three times, and he's sitting on 0 feedback. Also, he waits until I bid, and then raises me about 5 minutes later. I guess I won't be buying his Whale parts then.