Jlu Bat-embargo?

MR._SOCKO

I'm not sure, but, I believe it's because the people working on the different shows (JLU, Teen Titans, and The Batman) have exclusive use of certain characters. Because Robin is on Teen Titans, and the Joker is used on The Batman, they apparently can't be used in the other series. I've read that Herbie the robot replaced the Human Torch in the '70's/'80's FF cartoon, because, at the time, someone else had the movie rights to the character.

I've read that Herbie the robot replaced the Human Torch in the '70's/'80's FF cartoon, because, at the time, someone else had the movie rights to the character.

Way I hear it, it was because they were afraid kids were going to set themselves on fire.

As far as the Aquaman embargo goes...well...all I'll say is this: Peter David did just mention on his site that he's turned in the script for a pilot for a new animated series.

And why did Bespin Refugee say they can't use Bat characters?

Dots connecting...

As far as the Aquaman embargo goes...well...all I'll say is this: Peter David did just mention on his site that he's turned in the script for a pilot for a new animated series.

And why did Bespin Refugee say they can't use Bat characters?

Dots connecting...

Interesting........ @hmmm@

If that's true how come I can see Batman in JLU and Batman again in The Batman?

ANyway, all the cartoons are produced by WB so there shouldnt be any problem about the rights

I just dont understand why it's so complex..........

anyway, does that mean we'll never be able to see The Robin as long as TT is still on TV?

It kinda explains why I cant see Alfred in JLU.

Interestin. Had a feelin it was about the bat villians bein on The Batman, but the whole aquaman thing is new.

Kinda makes sense why Superman and Luthor makes strange comeos in Krypto the Wonder dog; Superman's shadow only makes an appearance and Lex can be seen via picture in his office.

Thats soo stupid... Its not like its gonna make a character less of a competitor or something if it is against itself in another show. Why are they so anal about these things? They are the same entity anyways.

Thats soo stupid... Its not like its gonna make a character less of a competitor or something if it is against itself in another show. Why are they so anal about these things? They are the same entity anyways.

The "company line" is that it's so that people (i.e. kids, their "target audience") don't get confused by characters showing up in 20 different places and characterized and drawn differently in each.

I'm sure it's all about the merchandising though. You think Bandai isn't praying for Batman to show up in Teen Titans some day? Not that Titans stuff doesn't sell well, but come on...it's Batman.

Huh??? What episode was that????

The time travel one when they fought Vandal Savage. In Batman's resistance group,there a guy with long black hair and a woman with red hair hanging out together. If you look close enough,they look quite similar to Dick and Babs.

Wasn't there also a funeral(?) in one of the eps, w/ Bat-family cameos in a pan shot? @hmmm@

Edit: it might have been "Hereafter", of course, these eps were before The Batman (no Bat-Family/villian embargo, sans Robin ;) ). I believe the Joker also showed up in an early JL ep.

Yeah,Tim Drake was there,wasn't he? There's a loophole that they've used in the past. It seems as long as you use them as background characters and not use names,you can get away with it. Another example;Before they were allowed to use Billy Batson,they managed to sneak him into Superman:TAS. The first time they had Volcana when they were at the yacht club. There's a kid wearing Billy's clothes and has they same style eyes.

For the most part this doesn't bother me, BUT just recently Solomon Grundy was deemed a The Batman villain. As a result there will be no more Grundy appearances on JLU and they can't make a toy of him (unless it's as a The Batman figure).

GRRRR.

Curious, how come Batman isn't affected since he is on both shows?

Lets SUE em!!!