My Thoughts On Botcon

*Deathblade

Me and the the GF braved the highways and drove to dallas...The hotel was really nice and we had a really good time there, BUT WOW when I saw some of the people there I really didn't know what to think. @smilepunch@

It was like EVERY negative anime/convention/tf cliche was in full force @loll@ from bad smells to WTF are they WEARING? we saw it all @loll@

It was pretty cool and I met some nice people BUT THE PRICES WERE MOSTLY INSANE!!!! @grumpy@

Most of the dealers had g1 stuff that was straight JUNK that they were peddling for 20-150% of what it woulda cost on ebay

ex: c6 mindwipe complete=70 bucks

c6 double dealer=45 bucks

c5 thrust with really bad stickers and loose joints=60 bucks

OK condition boxed black zarak= 800 bucks

BROKEN c6 overlord=250 bucks

The list went on and on.

I could not believe some the prices these clowns were charging.

OVERALL I give the dealer room a C -.

On the plus side there were quite a few deals on the newer japenese exclusive stuff, and I got to hold pretty much all the lucky draws in my grubby little hands @firedevil@

In fact the guys that had the lucky draws were from japan and had the best deals on stuff and had pretty much all the exclusives from super link and micron legend at pretty decent prices.

some highlights I got from them

beast wars returns tankor and obsidian= 25 bucks apiece

paradron medic= 25 bucks

TRU build set= 80 bucks

Kup and wheelie reissue=30 bucks

loose mint japanese terrorsaur=10 bucks

TF 0 prime= 120 bucks

The 2 minicons from booster set 3 that people like to charge like 20 bucks for=5 bucks

All in all we had a really good time and my gf even got a TF #0 signed by aaron archer, wally burr, and paul and micheal dobson.

Another unexpected bonus was getting some left over joe exclusives MC had too!

"It was like EVERY negative anime/convention/tf cliche was in full force guitar.gif from bad smells to WTF are they WEARING? we saw it all"

yeah... that part makes me fear convetions lol

pic of the japanese dealer's stuff

DSC02099.JPG

ice magnus=started out at 500 bucks when I asked at the start of the show, some how went to 2200 on saturday @grumpy@

galvaleo=started at 2200 went to 2400

black cheetor=240 bucks

LD superlink meg=1500 bucks

Black fire convoy=1800 bucks

gold omega supreme=2200 bucks

Gold and silver rodimus prime and op prime= I dont remember

They also had seven GF soundwaves, but they sold out first thing that morning. @grumpy@

They also had all the head masters that never had bodies.

The Japanese guys also had some of those model kits (Arcee, Elita-1, etc). They were asking 500 for the Arcee. Dang. I hope that one isn't going too far out of reach.

I picked up a Victory Leo from them for $20. It wasn't in the best shape, but it was mostly there. (For bot mode at least)

pic of the japanese dealer's stuff

DSC02099.JPG

ice magnus=started out at 500 bucks when I asked at the start of the show, some how went to 2200 on saturday @grumpy@

galvaleo=started at 2200 went to 2400

black cheetor=240 bucks

LD superlink meg=1500 bucks

Black fire convoy=1800 bucks

gold omega supreme=2200 bucks

Gold and silver rodimus prime and op prime= I dont remember

They also had seven GF soundwaves, but they sold out first thing that morning. @grumpy@

They also had all the head masters that never had bodies.

My friend & I tried to make a deal with the same dealer on the KupWheelie set & Soundblaster..but they didnt' know what I was saying since they or him only spoke Japanese.... All they kept saying is "NO".

So I didn't buy crap from them, not like if the KupWheelie set impressed me or whatever...

The best dealer was TFsource...they lowered some items for me.. :)

WHoa, sweet haul! I gota get the cash to go to a wicked convention & come back with hauls like that some day...

So far my plan = go to sdcc next year, & the 25th anv (if there is one lol ) botcon At least Once each, & get the best experiance of both worlds lol :D I gota admit the exclusives look a lot better in peoples pics than any thing else I've seen. Botcon.com neets a better pic/taker @loll@

That Omega Supreme was glorious.

You actually bought the dvd Excillion? Did you not see the Cybertron Excillion at the Hasbro Panel?

I actually got that a couple days before and just put it the pic, eh I dont mind, there different enough for me to not really care. I'll pick up the hasbro one also.