Smallville Season 5 Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoilers:

This episode had a very Superman II feel to it but I think Clark beat the deciples of Zod just a little to easily, also did Clark just totaly forget he left Cloie in some strange hospital in the artic someplace, and how the hell did Lex find her?????

I thought it was a right good episode. I thought Clark beat the deciples really easy too. Was the guy at the end suppose to be the third deciple? Clark looked like he totally forgot chloe in the artic, and it's a really good question as to how Lex was able to find her. No telling what he will do to her. Also I wonder what happened with Lionel?

Looks like Clark will have his hands full this season. No Skywarp,that's suppose to be Brainiac. And on top of that,he'll have to take on Zod later on down the road. I'll let it slide that Clark forgot about Chloe. Guy had his hands pretty full there worrying about his parents and Zod's flunkys. Wonder if it was Jor-El that took away his powers or The Phantom Zone? One last thing:Nice to see a black Kryptonian for a change. Most of the ones I've seen are white dudes.

weeeeeeeeeeee :D awesome episode

Lex is goin crazah trying to figure out what's going on! he's going to be very interesting this season.

I can't wait for next weeks episode!

:Nice to see a black Kryptonian for a change. Most of the ones I've seen are white dudes.

Me too! It adds some variety to know that other kryptonians don't all look the same.

Exactly what would it hurt if all Kryptonians were white??? Why would it matter? There is nothing wrong w/ keeping some continuity. I bet you would complain if they did a show where Clark Kent/Superman was black or if Blade was white in the new TV series...I would.

:Nice to see a black Kryptonian for a change. Most of the ones I've seen are white dudes.

Me too! It adds some variety to know that other kryptonians don't all look the same.

Exactly what would it hurt if all Kryptonians were white??? Why would it matter? There is nothing wrong w/ keeping some continuity. I bet you would complain if they did a show where Clark Kent/Superman was black or if Blade was white in the new TV series...I would.

I would complaing if superman was black too, its just not the character. that's like making spiderman green.

It doesn't matter, although it appears to matter more to YOU than me!

Since when was it established that All Kryptonians were white? therefore what does continuity has to do with anything? So the If Superman was black or Blade was white arguement is completely irrelevant.

Another thing, you don't know whether I would complain or not if Clarks color was different, even though I believe it shouldn't, therefore If I or anyone else think that Kryptonians don't come in just one spectrum of colors and is happy to see that, then of what concern is it to you? Hope you wasn't offended by my previous statement, since there is no reason to be so.

weeeeeeeeeeee :D awesome episode

Lex is goin crazah trying to figure out what's going on! he's going to be very interesting this season.

I can't wait for next weeks episode!

Speaking of Lex going crazy trying to figure everything out. That got me to thinking. (I'll try to get this right, from a previous season) I wonder if we are ever going to see what Lex had going on that floor of Luther Corp where he took that guy that had the super influence power.

Since when was it established that All Kryptonians were white?

Let's see....most of the movies,tv series,comic books. Up until now,it seems like that Kryptonians were mostly white. I just thought it was a nice change of pace that they have a guy who's black.

Since when was it established that All Kryptonians were white?

Let's see....most of the movies,tv series,comic books. Up until now,it seems like that Kryptonians were mostly white. I just thought it was a nice change of pace that they have a guy who's black.

Hmmm...well being that there are only a few Kryptonians around one would only assume that, however just because you never seen one that wasn't white doesn't mean they are ALL white, but its not set in stone. I also agree that actually seeing a black one was a nice change of pace.

And I think that it was established that there were Black Kryptonians

along time ago.

Kryptonsite.com: WB Press Release

THE WB NEW THURSDAY STRATEGY CLICKS AS “SMALLVILLE� AND “EVERWOOD� DELIVER 120% YEAR-TO-YEAR GAINS IN ADULTS 18-34

“SMALLVILLE� WINS ITS TIME PERIOD, PLACING #1 AMONG MEN 18-34 AND MEN 12-34

“SMALLVILLE� SCORES ALL-TIME TIME THURSDAY RECORD FOR THE WB AMONG MEN 18-34, MEN 18-49 AND MEN 12-34 AND SETS A NEW NETWORK TIME PERIOD RECORD IN ADULTS 18-34, ADULTS 18-49. PERSONS 12-34 AND TOTAL VIEWERS (5.9 MILLION)

“EVERWOOD� ACHIEVES TREMENDOUS YEAR-TO-YEAR GROWTH OVER IN THE TIME PERIOD, INCLUDING +63% IN ADULTS 18-34 AND +200% IN MEN 18-34

The WB's aggressive Thursday strategy of placing two of its signature series on one of television's toughest nights paid early dividends as SMALLVILLE and EVERWOOD delivered +120% year-to-year gains in adults 18-34 (2.2/6). The network also scored +82% gains in adults 18-49 (2.0/5), +110% in persons 12-34 (2.1/7) and +85% in total viewers (4.7 million).

The premiere of SMALLVILLE, from Tollin-Robbins Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, soared to #1 RANKS, WINNING ITS TIME PERIOD among men 18-34 (3.5/12) and men 12-34 (3.3/11) and was #2 among men 18-49 (2.9/9). It was the first time in the history of The WB that the network earned a #1 rank in an adult demographic against major broadcast competition on a Thursday as it toppled everything else on television, including Survivor.

The super series scored THE WB THURSDAY'S HIGHEST RATINGS EVER in men 18-34, men 12-34 and men 18-49, and delivered NEW ALL-TIME TIME PERIOD RECORDS FOR THE WB in total viewers (5.9 million), adults 18-34 (3.1/9), persons 12-34 (3.0/9) and adults 18-49 (2.6/7). In the time period, SMALLVILLE easily outdistanced the premiere of Alias across the 18-34 and 12-34 demos, as well as in adults 18-49 and men 18-49, and the show also defeated the second week of Everybody Hates Chris in adults 18-34, adults 18-49, persons 12-34, men 18-34, men 18-49 and men 12-34. SMALLVILLE posted triple-digit growth over last year's fall premieres in the time period including a gain of +138% in adults 18-34 and +131% in persons 12-34.

James Marsters....Freakin A Spike is ZOD....thats awesome....I too felt the Superman II nastalgia...gonna be a great seaon

Marsters is Brainiac not Zod.

They'll maybe have Zod mentioned. My guess Brainiac will mentioned him to Clark as the threat thats coming to distract the focus from him.

Zod though will be kept as a in tights first appearance for Supes though.

OK episode.

I think the electric thug was bad casting.

Supes kicked all those guys butts with no powers, how embarrasing.

I was all like "oh boy a sex scene" but stupid FCC? hipocritical standards ruined that. Lana's fully clothed, but we get clark all naked. It's just stupid, I'm supposed to get turned on to that. @hmmm@

Uh, back on subject, every DC show has to have a pair of super powered twins activatied by touch, huh? Zan/Jana, Mas/Menos, and now these creepy dudes.

They had this thing at the end of last week's episode. Did Loeb's son die or something?

Uh, back on subject, every DC show has to have a pair of super powered twins activatied by touch, huh? Zan/Jana, Mas/Menos, and now these creepy dudes.

Yeah no kidding. That other dude even called them "The Wonder Twins". :rolleyes: Did like it at the end when Clark kicked Lex's butt though. Otherwise,this episode wasn't anything that great.

Lex set up the escape from Belle Reve to test Clark. The Electric dude and the "wonder twins" were supposedly experimented on at Luthor Corp and were supposedly hooked on a drug. They wanted Clark to get the drug for them.

Lex monitored the whole break in of Luthor Corp. Chloe found out about it and Clark went ballistic on Lex.

whens this series air again? LOL :S I'm not having much luck with catching these epsidoes :S

I saw 501 but I take it 502 is out allready eh?..

501 was great! LOooks like I called it as well ... fortress of solitude lol :) Was that guy at the end of the episode brainiac or no?..