New Anime Galvatron

DarthMaulSithLord

Man i just read the good news on TFormers.com.

Finally Takara will be releasing a new G1 Galvatron which will be remodelled to be more true to the design of the character from the movie. On top of that, it will also be electronic with cool sounds, light and dialogue!!!

Jeez was i psyched when i read this....until i read the dialogue was to be in JAPANESE!!!

WTF? Doesn't Takara give a rat's ass about anybody outside Japan? I'd really like to get this, but without Leonard Nimoy's voice this thing just isn't Galvatron.

How hard can it be for Takara to release an English edition for foreign markets?

On top of that, did anyone see the boxart for Kup & Wheelie? Yuck! Did a kid drew that? Why no more Dreamwave covers? Did i miss something?

@grumpy@

Man i just read the good news on TFormers.com.

Finally Takara will be releasing a new G1 Galvatron which will be remodelled to be more true to the design of the character from the movie. On top of that, it will also be electronic with cool sounds, light and dialogue!!!

Jeez was i psyched when i read this....until i read the dialogue was to be in JAPANESE!!!

WTF? Doesn't Takara give a rat's ass about anybody outside Japan? I'd really like to get this, but without Leonard Nimoy's voice this thing just isn't Galvatron.

How hard can it be for Takara to release an English edition for foreign markets?

On top of that, did anyone see the boxart for Kup & Wheelie? Yuck! Did a kid drew that? Why no more Dreamwave covers? Did i miss something?

@grumpy@

"anime" Galvatron is old news. The only anime-accuracy is supposed to be a remolded face and the fugly purple color scheme.

That lame version should have been eHobby, since it's NOT a bloody re-issue of the G1 toy if it's been altered. HasTak's reissue should be the original.

And yes, you apparently did miss something. Dreamwave lost the TF license months ago, which means they're no longer doing the comics OR the reissue box art.

just a FYI for anyone interested.. most of the Bookstyle re-issue art wasn't done by dreamwave

not sure why they changed the style of art for the bookstyles as its going to clash now with the rest of the series, but oh well.

Yeah, the anime did change, for the worst, that's why I passed on the reissue kup & wheelie, even though they where selling for $30.00 at botcon. The art is gone...I will be pasing on em for a while...maybe not Galvatron, but the rest urrggh.

Man didn't know they lost the license, that's sh*te.

Ehmmm....touché on the language thing for Galvy, but the majority of the world's residents (hehe), will be familiar with Lenonard's version of Galvy.

It would be damn cool if Takara did this for the foreign markets.

Oh yeah, i'm buying Kup whether the artwork sucks or not. Now where the heck are those other anime seekers? I wanted Cracker and Skywarp from the start.

Man didn't know they lost the license, that's sh*te.

Ehmmm....touché on the language thing for Galvy, but the majority of the world's residents (hehe), will be familiar with Lenonard's version of Galvy.

It would be damn cool if Takara did this for the foreign markets.

Oh yeah, i'm buying Kup whether the artwork sucks or not.  Now where the heck are those other anime seekers? I wanted Cracker and Skywarp from the start.

You sure the majority of the world are familar with Nimoy's voice because I bet the film has been translated in more than two languages, so I doubt most fans around the world grew up with L. Nimoy. I would think that the english audience are more familar with the tv series galvatron than the movie one regardless being voiced by Nimoy.

anyways, Takara doesn't have the license to release TFs in the US and if they did two version (language wise) of him in Japan, they wouldn't make much profit as the majority of fans in Japan would purchase the japanese talking one since they grew up with that one and not the english version regardless it is voiced by Spock. It isn't profitable imo.

Besides, are the voices ripped from the 2005/tf season 3 show or the movie? Have they confirmed the lines he will be sayin? Remember, that only Nimoy did the movie Gal and that they aired the movie in Japan late.

Sure, you can mention about american fans buyin japanese reissues, but the ones who do are probably a small fraction as oppose to those in Japan since the line is for the japanese market. I mean if they didn't care about the american fans, why are they allowin non japanese fans to order the ehobby toys directly?

Takara is toast I thought? The company was split up and sold weeks ago. Are they making this through Hasbro?

Because of the deal with Hasbro, Hasbro has an iron-fisted rule over everything Transformers outside of Japan, and Hasbro doesn't share, so Takara really can't help that.

Dreamwave covers? Did i miss something?

No, and why should they?

It is a japanese product. Would hasbro release a japanese version of a talking figure? Or even a Spanish version? You are asking an awful lot of takara there.

Dreamwave covers? Did i miss something?

No, and why should they?

It is a japanese product. Would hasbro release a japanese version of a talking figure? Or even a Spanish version? You are asking an awful lot of takara there.

People expects too much sometimes......what would they want next? Him transfomring by itself?