Cheap Dtc Figures On Ebay

Heat Viper

I think that's Curt aka Bigfan aka GIJoeHQ and if that's him then he likely got stuck with a lot of extra product that he couldn't move since Hasbro delayed shipping his orders for so long and people order through the HTS instead leaving him with a lot of overstock. That's just a guess on my part, though. :)

I think that's Curt aka Bigfan aka GIJoeHQ and if that's him then he likely got stuck with a lot of extra product that he couldn't move since Hasbro delayed shipping his orders for so long and people order through the HTS instead leaving him with a lot of overstock. That's just a guess on my part, though.

I'd say there's a lot of truth to that. Hasbro really gave their retail partners the shaft with the shipping and distribution of this DTC stuff. If no other retailer out there orders any Wave 2 since they know they won't get it for a month after Hasbro does, will there be enough sales to justify a Wave 3? My guess is that the line will be quickly doomed if stuff like this continues to happen.

I think that's Curt aka Bigfan aka GIJoeHQ and if that's him then he likely got stuck with a lot of extra product that he couldn't move since Hasbro delayed shipping his orders for so long and people order through the HTS instead leaving him with a lot of overstock. That's just a guess on my part, though. :)

I hope that's not so. I'd hate to see Curt have to take such a loss on this since he is such a stand up guy to deal with.

it is in fact so lol

sadly enough

but if you add on shipping the figures are priced about the same as i have them on hq....then again if you buy in bulk you get a great deal!

I hope it was different for you on the Wave 2 stuff. I thought Hasbro did it wrong on Wave 1, seemed to me like they wanted all the buzz themselves and the etailers got screwed.

If no other retailer out there orders any Wave 2 since they know they won't get it for a month after Hasbro does, will there be enough sales to justify a Wave 3? My guess is that the line will be quickly doomed if stuff like this continues to happen.

I don't think so. Remember, Hasbro had told retailers to wait til after HTS Joes went online to even put up pre-orders. Hasbro wanted to have the advantage of selling them first giving themselves a mini-monopoly on the DTC figs. Remember, Hasbro is now a store so it is competing against its clients. The worst thing is probably lower production of wave 3.

I hope it was different for you on the Wave 2 stuff. I thought Hasbro did it wrong on Wave 1, seemed to me like they wanted all the buzz themselves and the etailers got screwed.

i don't see anything wrong with that, hasbro has every reason to be the first to offer their own exlusive product before other retailers get to take a crack at it. now if things were run like a certain over-priced club where only paying members got to place their order, then i'd be burning hasbro effigies.

oddly, bigbadtoystore is already shipping wave two of DTC but asside from HTS no-one else is.... i wonder how they got them soo soon : given their prices they aren't re-selling HTS cases, unless they are selling at a loss or something?

That is a good question, they should treat all of the stores the same IMO. HTS might get them first but they should send to all the stores at the same time to make distribution even.

it is weird how they have handled distribution of this product.

youd think from a purely sales number standpoint sending out your wholesalers orders on a priority basis to ensure they come back each wave would make the best sense wave to wave. its like guarenteed money each wave

but after how they handled me i wont be back for wave 3 and my wave 2 order was a fraction of the wave 1 order.

as a customer i am not happy

youd think from a purely sales number standpoint sending out your wholesalers orders on a priority basis to ensure they come back each wave would make the best sense wave to wave. its like guarenteed money each wave

but after how they handled me i wont be back for wave 3 and my wave 2 order was a fraction of the wave 1 order.

The more places that carry DTC, the more potential sales there are. After the way Hasbro handled the line, though, I'd bet that you won't be alone in lowering or outright foregoing your future orders. That will hurt the line as I highly doubt that the HTS will up their order to offset the loss of sales from other wholesalers. In turn, the line's future becomes more clouded since I don't think one obscure outlet (let's face it, it will take a long time before your average parent thinks of HTS as the place to shop for toys over Wal Mart, Target and TRU) will have the eyeballs to generate enough sales to keep the line going. I guess we'll see but this makes me think the line doesn't have much of a future....

they should treat all of the stores the same IMO.

Unfortunetly thats not how it works. The guy that spends more overall money is gonna get better treatment then the guy who spends less money. Thats not just Hasbro and thats not just etailers. Why do you think the neighborhood toy stores that used to be out there could never compete with the larger toy retail chains?

actually jay your statement isnt entirely accurate as im sure amazon ordered more than me but i got my product a good month before they did.

i have no clue how hasbro is handling the distribution of this stuff but if its based on order size they certainly didnt stick to that method for wave 1

This is what bugs me about HTS and how DTC is being handled.

It's guys like Curt who helped give Hasbro those "guaranteed" sales in the past. Sure, collector sales weren't driving the line but we were that dependable percentage who ordered full sets and extras of the troop builders. We ordered them through places like GIJoeHQ and others simply to avoid the hassle of having to wait for our local retailer to stock them in any reasonable quantity.

Yes, I get it that Hasbro wants those sales for themselves now but it really seems like a knife in the back to those online stores who helped promote the line since the relaunch and before. Heck, places like HQ and SmallJoes were even sources of info for us-- sometimes providing pre-order pics of figures that we hadn't yet seen official images of. Now, I get the feeling that IF DTC continues beyond Wave 3 (and I'm doubtful on that) that Hasbro wants all of those dollars for themselves. It just seems odd to me as Hasbro doesn't actually run either their HTS website or their HTS shipping but have subcontracted both of them out to other companies-- which are essentially doing the same work that the online stores had done in the past.

Call me crazy, but if DTC lasts much beyond Wave 3 I'll be very very surprised.

actually jay your statement isnt entirely accurate as im sure amazon ordered more than me but i got my product a good month before they did.

i have no clue how hasbro is handling the distribution of this stuff but if its based on order size they certainly didnt stick to that method for wave 1

True but amazon usually doesnt get things in before most etailers, not just with gijoe, but with alot of different toy lines, but who knows. Alot of what Hasbro does often seems very illogical