Bands You've Always Liked

workingclasshero

Thats "bands you hate but everyone likes" things has been the most popular thread on the music boards for a few days now, so its time for the antithesis...

Weezer - Well no one really hates them, its more like people don't seem to bother with them that much, honestly even I wasn't a big fan of "Make Believe" but their older stuff is great.

Green Day - Everyone seems to go through a Green Day phase when they're about 15, a few months later they usually hate them. This same thing happened to me (although with hindsight I was most probably pretending to hate them) but then American Idiot came along and floored me completely. I love that album.

Thats "bands you hate but everyone likes" things has been the most popular thread on the music boards for a few days now, so its time for the antithesis...

Weezer - Well no one really hates them, its more like people don't seem to bother with them that much, honestly even I wasn't a big fan of "Make Believe" but their older stuff is great.

Green Day - Everyone seems to go through a Green Day phase when they're about 15, a few months later they usually hate them. This same thing happened to me (although with hindsight I was most probably pretending to hate them) but then American Idiot came along and floored me completely. I love that album.

Both those bands are great, and for the most part I agree with you. Weezer hasn't really put out anything good since Pinkerton, the albums have all had good songs, but as albums, they just don't work.

As for Green Day, I'm the complete opposite, Green Day is pretty much one of the bands (along with Weezer, ironically) that got me into music, but I'm really not feeling the new album. There are a lot of good songs, but a lot more that aren't so go, songs like "Boulveard Of Broken Dreams" and "Wake Me Up When September Ends" actually annoy the hell out of me, it's turned Green Day into this ultra 15 year old girl marketing machine. For me Green Day was always three dudes playing punk, then they added some nameless fourth member, start writing power ballads, and everything falls to #$##.

I miss the old days.

You are right man! Make Believe sucked big time but I still like Weezer. And how could people hate Greenday?????

I dig Linkin Park and no one seem to on these boards :(

I dig Linkin Park and no one seem to on these boards :(

I have to admit Linkin Park is one of my guilty pleasures. I didn't like their collaboration with Jay Z though.

Well no one really hates weezer, it just seems like a lot of people don't care about them, I don't think I've ever met another weezer fan in person.

I'd also like to throw in The Killers, a lot of people are really fed up of their super-trendy student music being played on the radio all the time but I think most of their stuff is pretty good.

Pearl Jam.

I notice very few people like them (anywhere) and will always say 'Pearl Jam sucks' even though they never listened to anything past the Vs. album.

Yet, every concert I've been to has been sold out. Though you can pick out the types that are just there to hear 'Jeremy' and 'Alive'.

Bout time I'm here. I was just going to say Weezer. They haven't released anything great since Pinkerton , but they have some good songs. Heck I liked Maldroit pretty good. I dig a couple of songs on Make believe and I like the Green album ok. Overall, People don't care much of them anymore because they can't live up to their name. Overall they have had three good albums since Pinkerton , but since Pinkerton and Blue album are considered "GREAT" they think the others suck. Actually listen to the songs. it's worst then the first two , but still quality music. I also like LInkin Park and Green Day. The thing that annoys mer on Green Day and Weezer is that they play their new songs over and over! I memorized Beverly Hills before the cd came out and same with the green day stuff.

Bout time I'm here. I was just going to say Weezer. They haven't released anything great since Pinkerton , but they have some good songs. Heck I liked Maldroit pretty good. I dig a couple of songs on Make believe and I like the Green album ok. Overall, People don't care much of them anymore because they can't live up to their name. Overall they have had three good albums since Pinkerton , but since Pinkerton and Blue album are considered "GREAT" they think the others suck. Actually listen to the songs. it's worst then the first two , but still quality music. I also like LInkin Park and Green Day. The thing that annoys mer on Green Day and Weezer is that they play their new songs over and over! I memorized Beverly Hills before the cd came out and same with the green day stuff.

Yeah, but it's not like Beverly Hills had super hard lyrics to remember, I've heard the song a coupla times, and I got it down.

I actually love the green album. I wouldn't say everything since Pinkerton is no good, just Make Believe. We are all on drugs is a really bad song imo.

House Of Pain

"Shamrock and Shenanigans" and "On Point" are classics.

Yeah, but put your head out and the collabo w/Funkdoobiest rock too, "I make more money than that kid, Alex Keaton!"

True, True

I actually love the green album. I wouldn't say everything since Pinkerton is no good, just Make Believe. We are all on drugs is a really bad song imo.

Yeah, I like Green album fine too and I think they have good stuff since pinkerton too. AND I actually like We are all on drugs.

What's wrong with we are all on drugs. I think it's a good song, and then there are the drugs...mmmm drugs.

Sadly growing up in this generation there aren't many rock fans out there at my school, so I would have to say John Lennon or the Beatles both are amazing and probably my two favorites, but since it is this current time most kids are into the whole rap thing, or the whole punk rock FU#K AMERICA stuff, and I think the punk rock thing is what makes me hate punk rock, because I see the effects it has on people... So yeah lennon and Beatles, I've always liked them but people at my school are pretty much divided up and I don't know anyone else my age that goes to my school that likes them, sad really, the beatles are the greatest band to walk the earth.

Nuff Said