I Think I'm Getting Old

OneTrueBlue

Just thought I'd post this cute little story that happened to me the other day. So I just moved to Las Vegas with my family about a month ago, and my little 5 year old cousin always wants to see my Transformers. Anywhoo so they finally came over the other day and I showed him Soundblaster from the TFC line. He looks at it and says, "Wow this guy transforms into a t.v.!" "Cool! He comes with a dog too!" (Referring to Ravage) My uncle looks at him and says, "No thats a tape recorder."

My cousin just looks at him as if he's speaking Chinese. Granted I know a 5 year old doesn't know what a tape is, but thats one of the first times it hit me hard that those toys are really old. Especially to young kids. @loll@ It also means I'm getting older and outdated everyday. Sigh. @grumpy@ Oh yeah my cousin also asks me why I have so many of the old ones, and not a lot of the ones he has. (Cybertron) Anywyas, just thought I'd share and see if anyone else here has any related stories. #US1#

Just thought I'd post this cute little story that happened to me the other day. So I just moved to Las Vegas with my family about a month ago, and my little 5 year old cousin always wants to see my Transformers. Anywhoo so they finally came over the other day and I showed him Soundblaster from the TFC line. He looks at it and says, "Wow this guy transforms into a t.v.!" "Cool! He comes with a dog too!" (Referring to Ravage) My uncle looks at him and says, "No thats a tape recorder."

My cousin just looks at him as if he's speaking Chinese. Granted I know a 5 year old doesn't know what a tape is, but thats one of the first times it hit me hard that those toys are really old. Especially to young kids. @loll@ It also means I'm getting older and outdated everyday. Sigh. @grumpy@ Oh yeah my cousin also asks me why I have so many of the old ones, and not a lot of the ones he has. (Cybertron) Anywyas, just thought I'd share and see if anyone else here has any related stories. #US1#

Yeah, that's like my students asking about those "black CDs" (records). @loll@ Man was that a reality check... (lol)

Wow he thought Soundwave was a TV and ravage a dog? :huh: That is funny

I feel the same way as you guys. We're ancient compare the young spoiled brats of today. I know I never had a ipod, a laptop, CDs player, PSP or cellphone when I was in junior high school. God we are old men or old school people. @loll@

VHS tapes, Cassette players, Record players, old gameboys..... those were the days man....

I can still remember the days of pong, begging to get the newest Atari 2600 games, first getting cable tv, the first days of MTV (when it was actually GOOD!), being excited to finally get a VCR, 8 track tapes, all of that fun obsolete stuff...AND LOVING THEM!

Yep....I'm gettin old! :P

My cousin just looks at him as if he's speaking Chinese. Granted I know a 5 year old doesn't know what a tape is, but thats one of the first times it hit me hard that those toys are really old. Especially to young kids.  @loll@  It also means I'm getting older and outdated everyday. Sigh.  @grumpy@  Oh yeah my cousin also asks me why I have so many of the old ones, and not a lot of the ones he has. (Cybertron) Anywyas, just thought I'd share and see if anyone else here has any related stories. #US1#

Yeah, that's like my students asking about those "black CDs" (records). @loll@ Man was that a reality check... (lol)

@loll@ black CD's.....wow @loll@

Boy 1: "Cool! It's one of those old videogames!"

Boy 2: "Wow! how does it work?!"

Marty McFly: "Let me show you..." *grabs a lightgun*

Boys: "You mean you have to use your HANDS?!"

Disclaimer 1: quote might not be accurate, i don't know the movie by heart :P

Disclaimer 2: yes i know one of the boys is Elijah Wood before he became famous