Any Particular Ebay Sellers You Hate?

GaZ

For any reason, any seller that you cringe at every time you see one of his/her auctions?

Mine are:

timk26 - he lives in my city, and I know he's the reason it took me so long to find a reissue Prime at TRU @grumpy@

toys reside here canada (zanio or something) - he always tries to sell stuff to the UK that will be released soon anyway, for double the price @grumpy@

Over to you....

I don't really keep track of ebay sellers. One thing I don't get about these sellers who start out their auctions at jaw dropping prices (mainly AFA stuff), if the figure IS worth that much then if they just start the auction off at like $1 then chances are it will get up to, or at least near, the price they want for it on it's own.

I've found the higher the price you open your auction with, the less people will bid on the item, even if the opening price is at or a little under what that item usually goes for.

Of course there are always those who run up the prices on figures that aren't all that hard to find and somehow get people to buy them. That I'll never understand. Captain Harlock is a seller I know that's notorious for that.

Can't really think of any offhand, but it p*$$#$ me off when the shipping is way too high! I found a RM Skywarp and Thundercracker on Ebay for $10.00..........but the shipping from Hong Kong was 34.00!!!! Thats bullcrap! I know the shipping is not that much because I've seen other sellers have shipping as low as 10.00.......:(

Can't really think of any offhand, but it p*$$#$ me off when the shipping is way too high! I found a RM Skywarp and Thundercracker on Ebay for $10.00..........but the shipping from Hong Kong was 34.00!!!! Thats bullcrap! I know the shipping is not that much because I've seen other sellers have shipping as low as 10.00.......:(

But I'll bet they sold the item for more ;)

Fact is, its cheaper to list at a lower price with high shipping, than to list ata higher price with low shipping. You just have to be smart and calculate it before you purchase

I don't really keep track of ebay sellers. One thing I don't get about these sellers who start out their auctions at jaw dropping prices (mainly AFA stuff), if the figure IS worth that much then if they just start the auction off at like $1 then chances are it will get up to, or at least near, the price they want for it on it's own.

I've found the higher the price you open your auction with, the less people will bid on the item, even if the opening price is at or a little under what that item usually goes for.

Of course there are always those who run up the prices on figures that aren't all that hard to find and somehow get people to buy them. That I'll never understand. Captain Harlock is a seller I know that's notorious for that.

Same here. I never taken note of them... :S

I hate, really really hate, the sellers who list new release items for $0.01 with a BIN, and then when you enter the auction page the shipping is $56.00. There seems to be a lot of these new tricksters on eBay, and really no way to block them from coming up in searches.

I also hate the video game dealers that list all their games as $9.99, but when you check the shipping cost it's $16.99 or more. That really ticks me off.

One final thing that I'd love to see people slapped upside the head for is dealers who list in their auctions that they offer local pickup, but charge a $5 pickup fee.

People aren't content to get paid for their items now, they also need to be paid for having the items now. Makes me crazy.

Oh, and one more eBay thing that really bugs me is no matter wether I select US Only as a search restraint I always get hundreds of sellers from whatever countries have that GBP currency thingie by the price. I'd love to block all of them from my searches.

Okay the GBP (great british pound) "thingie" just means they're willing to ship to the US. I wish more US sellers would ship to the UK.

I meant no offense, I'm just not interested in buying from sellers outside the US, and it just gets annoying that the eBay search function doesn't leave out non-US sellers. I mean if you click a search function that says North America you'd think it's only show those sellers located in North America. If I wanted to find UK sellers that ship to the US I'd do a eBay.UK search instead, not do a US specific search.

Just something i really wish they'd fix.

i agree people that charge handling fees and pick up fees are ##$%$#ed...i sell on ebay and i dont charge a freaking handling fee!!! im a seller so if i sell something i have to provide the box, tape, packing materials etc. NOT the buyer!!!

in defense for zaniojansz he is a great local trader and i have done a lot of high end deals with him on many transformers...so he's kool in my books

i agree people that charge handling fees and pick up fees are ##$%$#ed...i sell on ebay and i dont charge a freaking handling fee!!! im a seller so if i sell something i have to provide the box, tape, packing materials etc. NOT the buyer!!!

in defense for zaniojansz he is a great local trader and i have done a lot of high end deals with him on many transformers...so he's kool in my books

damn straight!!

If people are worried about cost for tape packing supplies and stuff, htey need to include that in the bidding price. not shipping.

I get all my boxes from the grocery store *all free* I use lots of crunched up newspaper for packaging, it works really well for keeping the items secure in the box. *at least I hope, I've never had a complaint yet, over 128 feedback and I've gotten tons of good feedback saying good packaging*

the only thing I pay for, for packaging is the tape, but that's 99 cents a role at the local corner store and will pack a good 20 to 30 packages a roll.

2airsoft

I bought something from him (a Cy Girls "Jet"), sent the money order, the money order got returned TWICE because he was too stupid to give me the correct address, then he told me he wanted fast-and-easy Paypal, then I figured out why when I noticed the auction I won was for a bootleg, then I neg him for trying to sell me a bootleg and report him to Ebay, then in turn Ebay threatens me with an NPB and he negs ME, and Ebay does nothing about him trying to sell me a bootleg while riding my ass for not paying him.

This POS always leaves retaliatory negs too:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...userid=2airsoft

Ministry Of Toys... cracked out prices...

He got kicked off for a scam with trying to pass off a repainted God Ginrai with God Bomber as a "rare" (read as NEVER got made at all) black Ginrai with black God Bomber. He just re-registered under a different name though, and I don't know his new name on Ebay.

kremzeek!... equally craptastic prices due to AFA grading..

Most sellers who use AFA use it for the purpose of driving up prices. It's a scam to me.

AFA is a scam..

Why would a 'graded' MISB G1 Ironhide be worth 3 times as much as a non-graded one? G1 Ironhide MISB is not rare as there are cases full of him floating around on eBay, just like G1 Backstreet and G1 Seaspray to name a few.

Besides, AFA is overpriced which also drives up the price. Sellers want to make back the costs of AFA when selling the item (naturally and logical) plus they assume the item is worth more because of the grading anyway, hence higher prices.

I consider most of the boardmembers on here higher authorities on MISB-values compared to AFA's people.

wheeljackslab is rude in his emails and its ##$%$#ed how he doesnt accept payment with paypal from canadians since he considers us international...

oh yeah he sells empty transformers G1 boxes for $100's of dollars too...

Actually Wheeljackslab is one of my favorite eBay sellers. Many of the Tf's in my G1 collection are from him. I always find him polite in his emails, his tf's almost always arrive in better condition than he described them, and more often than not his prices, for incomplete tf's, ie.missing guns, missiles, etc., are pretty reasonable.

Plus he always throws in some little extra, like one time I ordered 5 or 6 tf's at once and he threw in 3 G1 catalogs. I ended up selling them on eBay for $15.

Never had any problems with him and I'd recommend him to anyone.

Actually Wheeljackslab is one of my favorite eBay sellers. Many of the Tf's in my G1 collection are from him. I always find him polite in his emails, his tf's almost always arrive in better condition than he described them, and more often than not his prices, for incomplete tf's, ie.missing guns, missiles, etc., are pretty reasonable.

Plus he always throws in some little extra, like one time I ordered 5 or 6 tf's at once and he threw in 3 G1 catalogs. I ended up selling them on eBay for $15.

I only bought from him once, but got a loose incomplete G1 Wheeljack in decent condition for only $15. Communicatio was OK, but shipping was just a wee bit slower than other sellers.

AFA prices are the way they are because some stupid buyers actually see this for-profit agency's ratings as "OFFICIAL" when they're not, and are nothing more than an opinion of a private company, so in turn sellers take advantage of it to gouge people.

Agreed.

#US1#

Seller Comicsmart, I had a few good transactions with him, then he ripped me off for a re-issue Hound, when I questioned shipping dates etc as I'd yet to receive, he told me didn't know when he sent it, and then ignored my emails requesting more info.

He also lists his location as Australia, when in fact, every single thing he ships come from Singapore, which is where he said he was. I hate it when someone misrepresents their location like that.

Stay away from him at all costs!

Seller Comicsmart, I had a few good transactions with him, then he ripped me off for a re-issue Hound, when I questioned shipping dates etc as I'd yet to receive, he told me didn't know when he sent it, and then ignored my emails requesting more info.

He also lists his location as Australia, when in fact, every single thing he ships come from Singapore, which is where he said he was. I hate it when someone misrepresents their location like that.

Stay away from him at all costs!

I bought a few things from this guy, namely the e-hobby Clampdown and Deepcover repaints - they did take a fair while to get to the UK, and his communication was practically zero - but they were at a good price!

Ahhh, but see, you're American.