That Lame A** Show (sigma 6)

panzerfaust

I GUESS THAT SIGMA 6 SHOW ISN'T ALL THAT BAD...AFTER ALL, YOU GET 10 MINUTES OF "ACTION" INTERSPACED WITH 20 MINUTES OF COMMERCIALS!! AT THAT RATE IT'LL BE ALONG TIME BEFORE COBRA CAN DO MUCH WITH SCOTT AND HIS METAL DOGGIE BUDDIE!! @smilepunch@

MAYBE WHILE THAT RAP SUPER POOPER "BOW WOW" IS TEACHIN' AMERICA HOW TO RAP BETWEN JOE "ACTION" SETS, DUKE WILL FIND THE REST OF HIS CREW AND RESCUE THE DAY...AND THOSE SUPER ACTICULATED FIGURES IN THAT NEW TOY LINE AT THE SAME TIME!! #US1#

LIKE I SAID YESTERDAY...THE LINE NEEDS SOME COOL VEHICLES AND IT WOULD BE GREAT!! #tank#

I liked it for the most part. It's for kids. The originals weren't any more sophisticated at all. They are certainly better than VvV or Spy Troops.

And I remember buying the original 3 3/4" figures in '82.

I'm not too fond of the angular lines and robotic appearance of the 8" toys, but the show is ok so far.

it felt a lot more like yu gi oh than gi.joe

I continue to scratch my head at that analogy.

Now, I have indeed watched Yu-Gi-Oh, and aside from both being anime, they are nothing alike.

Had Sigma Six been following the YGO model, the first episode would have been stretched over 3 episodes @smilepunch@

Overall, S6 has more action, better animation, better pacing, better dubbing, and no "lets spend 10 minutes listening to a pointless inner character monologue"

Hell, aside from the stylistic choice of the series, all of this could have easily been ripped from the old RAH series.

Now, I have indeed watched Yu-Gi-Oh, and aside from both being anime, they are nothing alike.

yeah, people that liken it to shows like yu-gi-oh are obviously have not actualyl watched it, and are just basing it one pictures or commercials and them looking alike 'cause they're anime style and for kids. in sigma six you don't see them pulling out magical cards to summon monsters to do the fighting, do you? ;)

Had Sigma Six been following the YGO model, the first episode would have been stretched over 3 episodes @smilepunch@

Overall, S6 has more action, better animation, better pacing, better dubbing, and no "lets spend 10 minutes listening to a pointless inner character monologue"

Hell, aside from the stylistic choice of the series, all of this could have easily been ripped from the old RAH series.

Agreed. I'm tired of people comparing Yu Gi Oh to GI Joe. I mean seriously, Yu Gi Oh is about ancient card dueling and the like. GI Joe Sigma 6 is about an elite team of special forces soldiers protecting the world from Cobra. No more YGO comparisons with S6, okay? #US1# @hmmm@

Kinda off topic but I had to put it here cuz it really struck me funny...

A friend of mine got married to a japanese girl a few months back and they moved to Tokyo last month. He emailed me and stated one day he was walking down the street when some local elementary kids threw cards at him and started yelling "YUGIOH"!!!! @loll@

Mind you, my friend has very tall spikey blonde hair the last time I saw him. I guess he still has it.

No more YGO comparisons with S6, okay?

They are alike in at least one way....they both suck hardcore IMO.. @smilepunch@

Sorry, but if S6 is getting compared to YGO, you know it must be pretty bad!

What's more sad is that most people who draw this comparrison haven't actually "seen" the cartoon. I don't give a hoot if you hardcore GI-Joe purists don't watch the cartoon. After all, I'm not one who will miss out on all those hardcore ninja battles that defy every single known law of physics. What's not to like?

And if you haven't noticed, this show was made for KIDS, not for the purists. They even said it in their press releases! If the long time fans like it, even better. But as I just said, hey, this was made for kids. Like it or not, long-time fans get little say in this.

But for those who constantly complain, there's a little known device called the "Remote control". It can change channels and even assist you with playing your old GI-Joe re-runs! The miracle that is technology!

After two episodes the show remindes me of the original. Instead of Heavy Duty and Tunnel Rat we had Alpine and Bazooka, similar jokes and all. Goofy plots with robot dogs, that would have fit in the original. Random family members getting kidnapped by Cobra, yep had that. Heck even that tower that was really a rocket was so out of the original I actully marked out when they did that. I keep expecting Serpentor to pop in anytime now..lol. If this was Joe when I was a kid I would have been all over this show.

The cartoon might be made for kids, but to me I think it’s more than watch-able for adults…which is more than I can say for TF Energon/cybertron, which leaves me feeling like I want to rip out my eyes, ears and brain just to let the hurting stop.

I guess not everyone will end up liking the Sigma Six cartoon, but I for one think it really well done, even more so when you consider who the target audience is. To me even if you're not a Joe fan, but you love action cartoons you will like this cartoon...end of story.

I would compare S6 more to the various Gundam series. S6 doesn't have anything like over exaggerated eyes getting bigger, checks blushing or huge cheesy grins, they don't say "huh?" all the time and no big teardrops. It's really quite decent, I just wish the voice actors showed a little more emotion and the dialog wasn't overexplained at times.

I like the cartoon - I don't know what everyone's complaining about. The voice acting isn't perfect, but the actual voices they got for the characters, especially the bad guys, are pretty true to the original. I have high hopes for this show (although I'll always love the original too).

Still, after seeing the show, I dislike the Sigma Six toys even more... they don't even really LOOK like the anime-styled characters on the show. I'll take whatever 3 3/4" versions they decide to give us, though.

They are alike in at least one way....they both suck hardcore IMO.. @smilepunch@

What's more sad is that most people who draw this comparrison haven't actually "seen" the cartoon. I don't give a hoot if you hardcore GI-Joe purists don't watch the cartoon. After all, I'm not one who will miss out on all those hardcore ninja battles that defy every single known law of physics. What's not to like?

And if you haven't noticed, this show was made for KIDS, not for the purists. They even said it in their press releases! If the long time fans like it, even better. But as I just said, hey, this was made for kids. Like it or not, long-time fans get little say in this.

But for those who constantly complain, there's a little known device called the "Remote control". It can change channels and even assist you with playing your old GI-Joe re-runs! The miracle that is technology!

I never watched the old cartoons, faithfully or with much care one way or the other, but I can easily conclude (without watching the new one) that it is as dumb and campy as the old ones....maybe even worse.

The thing I resent, is Hasbro's decision to remove any visual indication of an American icon within it, so as not to offend any anti-American G.I.Joe fans out there, which if you think about it is pretty absurd to begin with, as G.I.Joe use to be about as American in it's roots and concept as Apple Pie, Baseball and John Wayne! <_<

If you hate America, leave our damn toys alone and go play with something else ya maggots!

Hasbro has let some spineless worms take control of all of this and it stinks....whether I'd watch the cartoon or not.

I never watched the old cartoons, faithfully or with much care one way or the other, but I can easily conclude (without watching the new one) that it is as dumb and campy as the old ones....maybe even worse.

The thing I resent, is Hasbro's decision to remove any visual indication of an American icon within it, so as not to offend any anti-American G.I.Joe fans out there, which if you think about it is pretty absurd to begin with, as G.I.Joe use to be about as American in it's roots and concept as Apple Pie, Baseball and John Wayne! <_<

If you hate America, leave our damn toys alone and go play with something else ya maggots!

Hasbro has let some spineless worms take control of all of this and it stinks....whether I'd watch the cartoon or not.

Whoa,whoa,whoa, hold it right there, soldier. The people who made the Sigma 6 cartoon aren't anti-American. The reason that there is no American symbols (no US flag) is that they are able to market the toys and the show in other countries.

Whoa,whoa,whoa, hold it right there, soldier. The people who made the Sigma 6 cartoon aren't anti-American. The reason that there is no American symbols (no US flag) is that they are able to market the toys and the show in other countries.

And funny considering that apple pie is made all over the world and is either English or German origin, Baseball is English in origin , and John Wayne has played more than a few characters that weren't American.

Why not look at it like this: GIJOE is being shared with EVERYONE.

Its nice to share, isn't it?

G.I.Joe has ALWAYS been shared with everyone. Anyone that wants them that is.

You've been a long time fan of it Ken, and you're Canadian. We see other Joe fans from across the Atlantic, that may have had their "action man" but still have an interest in G.I.Joe as well.

The whole "American" thing, didn't prohibit Joes from taking in fans from around the world then and they shouldn't NOW, and if it's being suggested that America is "evil" and not the same as it was back then, then that's another issue, but I'm ashamed of Hasbro for thinking they needed to bend over to these folks who wouldn't want to buy Joes if they were still "American".

f@#k'em! @grumpy@

As far as the apple pie and baseball thing.....seminatics! ;)

Most everything comes from somewhere else (just like we did) but how we adopt it as our own and make it an intricate part of our lifestyle, is where the expression truly comes from.

You talk about Chicago, and some folks think of PIZZA or Chili Dogs, but yet you know that those things weren't created there.

You think of G.I.Joe...and you think of AMERICA's fighting soldier or the Real American Hero! That's the way it should be and that's the way it should stay!

What other countries is Hasbro trying to sucker into buying S6 toys or watching the cartoon, that may have objected to the presence of U.S. symbols like our nasty flag? France? Australia? Iraq? Canada? @hmmm@

Shame on you Hasbro! @grumpy@

A lot of my GIJOE vehicles have Canadian Flags on 'em. Heck, some have both Canadian AND US insignia.

They came that way--from day one.

The packaging here dropped the "real American hero" by-line a lot of the times, but its always on the US stuff.

My point being is that, NOT being American, I don't see GIJOE as being exclusively American-- and that's been re-inforced by its maker.

Oh, they concede the by-line for the domestic audience, but the rest of us that are NOT American..........well, do we HAVE TO like strictly American characters? What about the rest of us and our own patriotism? A lot of the character profiles ( and conflicting ones at that) have the Joes as coming from a LOT of other countries, other than the USA--are those file cards offensive too?

What's good for the goose isn't for the gander?

That's probably exactly the case here--so there's a compromise.

If it started out as GIJOE: A Real Canadian ( or Australian or German or...) Hero, but was still the same cool toy...........how many folks here would still flock to it?? Heck, if there were NO national qualifier to it--just a Real Military Hero ( or similar) would it still have the same appeal?

Labels are superficial, but emotional--which is why they tend to matter to people beyond all sense.

I don't think its that big a deal.

I'll drop the matter because this'll spin into one of "those" debates again.

My point being is that, NOT being American, I don't see GIJOE as being exclusively American-- and that's been re-inforced by its maker.

Being Canadian though, of course you would support this direction, and that's not a jab or to be taken as a hidden insult, just saying what is a fact of the matter.

You like G.I.Joe, and not so connected to the whole ARAH thing, and as you stated, your toys had Canadian flags instead, which I don't see as any problem.

I disagree though, on your assertion of G.I.joe not being exclusively American. Anime or the whole Ninja business could be argued as not being exclusive to just it's originators...but COME ON! We know where it comes from and we still like it, and actually prefer it in it's more pure state, rather than trying to americanize it.

G.I.Joe didn't need to be nationalized, as it already was, (it's members consist of ALL nationalities) but that doesn't mean it isn't American in it's conception and home to it's members.

If Hasbro's hiding the American connection out of shame...that's a crock of sh@# as far as I'm concerned.

I'm wondering if this issue wouldn't make for a good investigation into the reasons for it? I could contact one of those tv shows with this issue and have them do a show on "Is Hasbro ashamed of America?" and doing so with of ALL things...their G.I.Joe line?