Which One Was You're First?

Rodimus Primal

#US1# What Transformer toy was you're first, and when did you COLLECT them instead of buying them as toys?

For me, my first two Transformers were given to me. Bumblebee and Grimlock. From that point foward. I wanted all of them. As a kid, I abused them. Once G2 came along, I actually began to collect them. I'd try keeping ALL the peices and accessories and wouldn't abuse them as in my younger years.

My parents wouldn't buy me tf's when I was a kid...they were too expensive. God I hated hearing that! I had bought a Diakron red Sunstreaker before tf's came out, that was my first transformer toy. But my first official transformers toys were Astrotrain and Blitzwing that my friend gave to me. He later gave me a Blaster and I still have all 3 of them.

When I began collecting again several years ago, the first figure I bought was a TM2 Megatron and Optimal Optimus. Before that I had several of my nephews BW figures displayed on my shelves. He was still a bit young and the figures were a bit complex for him, I didn't want him to destroy them.

G1 Skydive- I still have the picture when I was a little kid holding it.

I got into TF toy collecting when my brother and the apartments neighborhood kids all got into it. We all were competing each other on who will get the most and stuff.

RID Ultra Magnus was my first asa collector, followed by the car bros, then Prime.

As a kid I had Snarl, Rodimus, Galvatron, the red arielbot, blades, a couple of constructicons, Seaspray, Cosmos, and a few gobots. I think that was it

my very first TF ever was G1 Windcharger and shortly after that I got Mirage and Trailbreaker.

I had always kept most of my old TF's but I started buying/collecting when the Alt/Bt lines came out, they got me hooked again

I actually found my first TF at school. Someone took a warpath mini bot to school and lost him only to be found by me.

My first Transformer fig was given to me on Christmas of 85 by my parents friends who celebrated it. It was Dirge, & my brother was given Ramjet :)

G1 Starscream and Megatron baby!

All my TFs as a kid were toys. I didn't collect any.

Fast foreward to when I did start....

My daughter and I had been watching Beast Wars reruns every evening. When I saw Optimal Optimus, I just had to have it. We ( my daughter and I ) went to Wal-Mart to get him. They didn't have him. But I did see TM2 Megatron. I went ahead and got him. Later, after getting a few other basics, I found Optimal Optimus at TRU and got him.

So I guess you could say TM2 Megatron was my first collectors piece. RID saw the addition of Prime and Magnus to my collection. I was glad to see the return of vehicles instead of beasts.

My first Transformer was the G1 Starscream. I bought him at a Kay Bee store in 1984...I think. (Getting older and more forgetful; can't be too sure anymore... (lol)

Over the years as a kid I bought a few Transformers, the ones I could afford that is, but my younger brother was the bigger Transformer fan in the family. He had more of them than I did, although I did manage to complete the Protectobots and Predacons. But eventually I ended up giving them all to him. And then later on as we grew up and entered our twenties, the collection flip-flopped between us. I finally ended up with them all again, but then I turned right around and sold them all on eBay. (Sacrelidge!) (lol)

It's funny though; trying to get my brother the TRU exclusives is pretty much what got me into collecting Transformers myself as an adult. Before that the closest I had come to collecting Transformers was when I worked at Wal-Mart and Beast Wars was popular. The early stuff didn't really grab me, but I was really interested in the Transmetals series. I even went so far as to put the TM Optimus Primal and Megatron in lay-away, but I never paid them out. (sob) I did recently get the TM Megatron MISB, but still no Optimus. After that I snagged a Machine Wars Optimus Prime at a Kay Bee just when the line was fizzling, but I ended up taking it back for a refund because of the cheap plastic the trailer was made out of. (And no, the figure doesn't look as cool as the box art might suggest; he doesn't even have his signature faceplate the vehicle Prime is always known for, even though he does on the packaging. Bah...)

But now I have an ever-expanding Transformers collection, although I'm really just passively collecting them. I'm picking and choosing from each line among what I thinks cool and what's not. I'm by no means a completist when it comes to Transformers. Far from it. The TRU re-issues were my focus, and now that they're gone I'm not as serious about it, although I enjoy the Alternators line.

first transfomer as a toy was either brawl, G1 prime or Mirage...

first transformer as a collector was R.i.d Landfill, R.i.d Prime and magnus. Got them all on the same day after watchin the ep where prime and magnus becomes omega prime (one of my favourite primes)

My first TF as a kid was Warpath. My mum got it for me because I had to get a shot that day and my mom felt bad for me because she forgot to tell me.

I can't remember getting my first "big" TF, but I did have some as a kid.

I do remember getting to pick Jetfire as my birthday present once, but as the box was pretty big and my mom had to get some more stuff first we had to have it put away for a few hours. When we got back to the toystore, it turned out they sold him to someone else anyway :(. I did get Soundwave w. Buzzsaw that day though, which I still have :)

I traded some of my Transformers with someone for MASK-toys once, including Whirl and Scattershot :o. I regret that to this day. I do still have those MASK-toys though :)

I never forgot about TF and kept running into the phenomenon from time to time. I started collecting them again after I heard that Hasbro and Takara re-issued some of them. My first reissue was TRU Prime, followed a day or so afterwards by Takara's TFC #9 Starscream.

I currently have about 90 Transformers, not counting the ones I still have somewhere at my parents' house from my childhood. All are G1 except for a RiD Fire Convoy, a RM G1 Starscream and a RM G1 Convoy. I have a MOSC Seaspray (not rare) and a MISB reissue Thundercracker (not rare either).

My very first TF was G1 Skywarp. I based thing's on color back then so I thought his purple and black colors looked cooler than Starscream's or Thundercrackers. I knew the seekers were suppose to be evil, so I thought Skywarp's colors were more evil looking. I didn't know anything about Starscream being the leader or anything like that until after I saw the cartoon and read some of the comics.

I had a lot of G1 stuff as a kid, but I didn't really start collecting TF until I got Beast Wars Wolffang when I was in college. After I got him then I started trying to get some older G1 stuff that I never had, I got a lot more Beast Wars toys too. I ended up getting the entire line of Beast Machines, RID, and Armada. I also have been collecting the Alternators line too. So I have Wolffang to thank for getting me back started with collecting TF.