My Masterpiece Prime Destroyed

RoyalZarak

It will fall on deaf ears. The kid won't understand, and it's your mother's fault because she helped him get it.

Remember...paybacks are a b****. Break his favorite toy, and break one of your mom's most precious things.

And yes, I'm serious.

Eye for an eye. Use it.

your telling him to break a 5 year olds favourite toy @loll@

dood he's 5 years old...kids will be kids...next time put a lock on your door man

sorry to hear about it...do you have pictures of the damage btw?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it does hurt me as an uncle because he has lost my trust. I'm not going to be his uncle anymore. I'm thru. If he comes anywhere near my room I'm going to whip him with my leatherbelt. He will be disciplined one way or another. Also talking to my parents is pointless since we're asian and their minds are still in the 1950s-60s. To them a toy is a toy which is JUNK.

I understand your frustration, but remember he is only 5. To him Optimus is a toy. He does not yet have enough mental ability to understand that to you Optimus is more than just a toy.

If you choose to no longer be his Uncle you will probably regret it later in life. I mean can you seriously blame your nephew 20 years or so from now for a mistake he did when he was 5? I know you are angry but dont punish him for a lifetime for one mistake that he doesnt even fully understand.

The person to blame here is your mother. You have said you cant speak with her ,so your best solution is to lock up your important toys. I know it sucks that you feel you have to keep your toys locked up but at least you will know they are safe.

Best of luck with this situation. I am sure you will see it is not your nephews fault in a few days. To see what I am trying to say, just try to remember one thing from when you were 5 and you will see why I say he doesnt have the mental capacity to understand at age 5.

My neice usually goes to my room and takes my energon wheeljack who hasnt been opened which is ok but the other day .... i saw her running round with my re-issue misb preceptor! i instantly stopped what i was doing and took it off her. I cant imagine how i would feel if she took my mp prime that wasnt even signed....

but they are kids... they dont know what a autograph is.... so forgive and forget and lock your door

1.) It's his home as well, and not just his parents.

2.) He doesn't need a lock in his own safety zone (home), and when that's not even safe, there's something wrong with the picture.

3.) This isn't so much about the figure itself, as it is the principle. It proves his opinion and he do not matter to his mother and if he raises the issue, they'll put their foot down.

4.) Crack down on the kid now, or he'll be a little monster later, getting everything he wants. My parents didn't crack down on me, and I turned into a massive jerk during my teens. (Those are years I absolutely regret.) My parents gave me everything they could and because of that, when I didn't get anything (due to being poor, extremely POOR) I turned into the physical embodiement of a piece of crap. I will ALWAYS regret it. I've cleaned up my act and realize how incredibly the change in my life worked. I'm 25 now and wouldn't dare act like that. Not willingly.

5.) Freak the people out, break something precious of their's and it'll make 'em realize how precious it was that you lost, and makes the kid realize, it's either the whippin' with the leather belt, or just a toy that can be replaced. I'd rather it be the toy that's replaceable than my hide getting tanned.

6.) If he chooses to not be the kid's uncle anymore, that's his prerogative. He has every right to deal with this as he chooses, whatever consequences that come from it will be on his plate, not your's. So telling him to do this and that won't help when ultimately he'll make the decision of a lifetime. My aunts and uncles aren't in my life, and I've existed. No big loss for this little brat who's got to have it his way. He'll just be like everyone else. Something to give him to #$## about when he's in therapy.

Geez.

You know as a parent and an uncle to numerous neices and nephews, I've stumbled upon my little "brats" in my stuff. I've had them break/ruin my toys, electronics, comics, etc... You name it, its been broke.

Kids aren't going to know/understand why we adults collect certain things. My daughter has broken my PS2 controllers, has used my GameCube as a step stool and has taken my Alternators and used it for her own demolition derby. Despite how many times I've told my wife to keep an eye on her while shes around my stuff, or despite how many times I've scolded her (shes 2 btw), eventually she goes back and does it.

My nephews (who are the spawn of satan @firedevil@ ) have broken my windows around my house rough housing, have occaisionally gotten into my toys and have all out wars with them despite my numerous warnings. Yes they sound bad, but in the long run, I can't blame them. They're just kids. I used to be that same kid that ruined my brothers, dads, uncles, aunts stuff and they never disowned me or broke any of my stuff to get even.

Kids will be kids, despite what they do to your prized possession, you can't let that spoil your relationship with them or their parents. My nephews, neices and especially my daughter mean the world to me and despite how bad they can be, I accept them for who they are; they're kids being kids. Despite their rowdy behavior towards material things, my kids are some of the most well mannered children. Its only when you get them all together do they wreck havoc.

What happened to RM is a risk we take for collecting childrens playthings.

wow dude sorry to hear that, it sucks. well you already know its not the kids fault (sounds like he might be spoiled) its your moms fault and I know people just like your mom. No matter what you say or do they just dont understand certain hobbies. Your best bet is to get 1 or 2 close friends (to split the rent) that you really trust and know you can count on and get your own appartment. That is what my best friend and I did when we turned 20. It was the best decision I ever made. Then you will feel true freedom.....in your own place with your own rules :)

Thanks for all the advice. I will just handle this the best I can.

I already moved and locked everything away from my room.

I would let the kid keep the prime now that it's already ruined and maybe he'll really thank you 20 years later and he'll be collecting Transformers as well and he'll make it up to you, who knows.

We're the adults for a reason, going and breaking other peoples stuff, I can't believe anyone even mentioned that, and a five year olds no less.

Just play it cool and remember that we're all going to die and lose our stuff eventually, better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all @smilepunch@

Try checking out some Toys R Us's, you might be surprised and stumble upon a master piece prime at regular TRU price (better than eBay at least).

That is terrible son. I really can't empathize, as I don't have a large annoying family, and little kids are never in my house.

Some people posted that the Prime should not have been left out in the open. Bullpies. Its your Prime, your place. Other people are supposed to respect that.

The brat isn't responsible, hell he's 5. The two women are entirely at fault in this matter. I would think my own mother has more common sense then that. You have to bill this kid's mother. Make it known (loudly) that this was not a toy at all, but a rare autographed COLLECTIBLE. Show her some Ebay printouts of closed auctions for autographed Primes to show her what its worth, and charge her accordingly. Scream in her face that she can't being her friggin' kid into other people's places and just let him have whatever he wants. I swear, I've known a lot of sharp women, but some are just dingbat broads who don't have the brains they were born with.

I'm very sorry for your loss Royal.

The way I see it, it shouldn't matter if it was a valuable toy or a stick of gum on your desk, what's yours is YOURS and nobody has any right to let other people mess with that. It all comes down to simple respect.

It seems to me there is more going on here than meets the eye...so to speak. If I had to guess, I'd say your mom isn't particularly happy that you collect "worthless toys" otherwise I just can't see why she would just give a 5 year old something that's in a brand new package that's kept (I'm assuming) in a central place in your collection. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that a figure placed like that and kept in it's box MUST be an important piece. Maybe that's her way of trying to discourage you from collecting transformers.

I know what it's like to have nephews who are spoiled little monsters. But from the day I started collecting again, I made it a point to make sure they knew and understood what my collection means to me and to under no circumstances EVER mess with it....and for the most part they never have.

Now all along, I've included them in my collecting. When I get new figures I let them see them and I closely supervise if I let them transform anything and let them know what is strictly off limits. I think this is what's kept them in line and kept them from raiding it when I'm not around.

Maybe by taking your nephew under your wing and properly teaching him about transformers and your collection you'll achieve better results in the future. And who knows, in a few years he may end up here in the fandom with the rest of us.

I'm not going to say much about this; I was one of those destructive kids to some extent, my brother even more so. We're twenty-five years older and more careful, with stuff of our own to collect... The one thing I know that will cap this whole situation, is when the nephew breaks something valuable of his mother's. Not if, when... from what you describe, it's a definite eventuality. Do not do anything to lead to this happening; it is eventual, you do not need do anything. If you assist, you would likely be blamed for it. It WILL happen on its own. Trust me... (No, I'm not doing anything either, obviously. I don't know who or where you really are. I only barely know you as RoyalMarine; I'm not the most active member of these boards.)

Crack down on the kid now, or he'll be a little monster later, getting everything he wants. My parents didn't crack down on me, and I turned into a massive jerk during my teens. (Those are years I absolutely regret.) My parents gave me everything they could and because of that, when I didn't get anything (due to being poor, extremely POOR) I turned into the physical embodiement of a piece of crap. I will ALWAYS regret it.  I've cleaned up my act and realize how incredibly the change in my life worked. I'm 25 now and wouldn't dare act like that. Not willingly.

TSFC, I commend you my friend. I've been a school teacher for a few years now, and I'm seeing some of my former students (geeze I feel old for even typing this) who are approaching your age, and I've seen some of them go from being these miserable little jerks as kids who you just knew would be a pain the rest of their lives to making a complete 180 and turning out to be great, well-rounded young adults, which is very encouraging. Good for you man. That's honest and refreshing these days. It's great when young people can look back and admit what they were and see how much they've changed for the better. (Bah! I'm beginning to sound like and old fart! (lol) Moving on...)

Don't these things come with the age appropriateness/warnings on the box? Frankly I'm suprised your mother let a five year old play with something as big, heavy, and complex as the MP Prime, RoyalMarine. And it comes with small parts, doesn't it? Ah...at the same time I could see my own mom ding the same thing with MY nephew, and he's only FOUR... (lol)

That was just a blatant disregard for privacy, not only because the child was allowed into your room, but to take something that was clearly YOUR property no less, property you highly valued...man, that would just totally upset me had that happened to me. There's absolutely no excuse for it whatsoever! I would ask for it to be replaced, and then I would make it clear that even then the replacement can never truly replace the collectible that was destroyed. Good grief man. I hope you're mom makes this up to you...

This reminds me of a time when my older brother had this big birthday party for his girls, and our cousin brought his family over. His little girl is sweet as she can be, and cute as a buttom. But her little brother? (Grr...) They were getting ready to leave when my brother found the little brat carrying out some of my brother's Star Wars figures in his pockets! The little thief snatched 'em! But then what did my brother do? What could he say? He let the little brat have them, especially since my cousin and his wife didn't make a big deal or really fuss at him. @grumpy@ Still makes me angry...

Atleast you didnt put your Takara MPOP in the dishwasher...Like I did @grumpy@

My ex used to let my nieces and nephews into my "hobby" room and basically take whatever they want, just to keep them out of her hair. Yeah man, put a lock in your room. Sorry for your loss.

How can you "bill mom", isn't it HER house, people?

A lock is what you should have on any room you want left alone.

Just because it's "her house" doesn't mean she entitled to do whatever she wants with her children's things. (I used to hate the "It's my house, my rules!" argument, although it was technically true...) (lol) Seriously, parents should respect their children's space, within reason of course. And I think in this case it was well within reason to expect a parent to leave the stuff alone. It's one thing to say the child could sleep in his bed or something, a case where you're just acommodating someone. But to offer up something that should be deemed private property like that with no regard to privacy? Meh...

But I do agree with having a lock; I sure would, especially after that fiasco. Alot of parents don't allow for locks on doors, though.

But I do agree with having a lock; I sure would, especially after that fiasco. Alot of parents don't allow for locks on doors, though.

How true..meanwhile they lock their rooms when they're not home..go figure that out.

Please note I did not leave my MP Prime in the open. It was in my room closet hidden well behind some boxes. And my nephew just stole it with some help.

LIke everybody said the only thing I am upset about is my mother didn't care about it, like it was another piece of junk. Second no respect about my property. I worked my butt off to get that MP prime ($120 not exactly chump change) and get it signed by Peter Cullen who appeared at Cybercon this summer. If some relative's kid comes to your room, invades your privacy, opens your secret stash, and destroyed your most precious MISB and MIB Transformer without asking you, you would be screaming bloody murder too @grumpy@ @grumpy@

@grumpy@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@ AARRRRAGGHHHHH!!!

I'm going on a little rant here to blow some steam. Right now I am fuming at the sight of my 5 year old nephew destroying my SIGNED PETER CULLEN Masterpiece Optimus Prime which I hold dearly since Cybercon. He took it from my room with the help of my mom without asking me. The box is opened and destroyed and I lost my signed MP Prime. I went to his home and saw it with my eyes. The box is torned to pieces, masterpiece prime scratched, .........

UN-******* BELIEVEABLE!!! ARRRAGGGHHHHHH!!!

HE DESTROYED MY TRU OPTIMUS PRIME AND NOW THIS! I CAN'T TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE! I was fine when he destroyed my TRU PRIme because it didn't mean much to me but now my most treasured TF MP Prime is gone. I don't know what to do now except ..........

THAT ******* KID!!!! I'M GOING KILL HIM!!!!

Damn man that really sucks. What did your mom have to say about it? I'd ask whoever the kid's parents are (your brother or sister?) to pay for it because even if it was unsigned MP Prime was never made for kids that young, and hehad no business with it in the first place.

My nephew destroyed a few of my things, but luckily nothing major. I solved the problem with a door lock, which you should consider.

Hey Royal, sorry to hear about your loss. BUt let me just say something that's gonna go against the grain, while everyone says he's family and you shouldn't be pissed at him. I believe if you wanna disown him, you should commit to it fully. CAn't regret something if you stop it early. Just remember, never fail in not talking to him, at least this way, the next time he comes near your stuff, you have every right to discipline him cause the line's been drawn already. Anyways just my opinion, since I totally understand the "once the line is drawn" thing. Just remember, never waiver or he'll come near your stuff again.

I'd consider telling your mom that she owes you some money, or at least tell her that do it again, and you'd be willing to draw the line at the idea of family, cause once you're an adult you don't ever have to see them unless you want to.

Hey Royal, sorry to hear about your loss. BUt let me just say something that's gonna go against the grain, while everyone says he's family and you shouldn't be pissed at him. I believe if you wanna disown him, you should commit to it fully. CAn't regret something if you stop it early. Just remember, never fail in not talking to him, at least this way, the next time he comes near your stuff, you have every right to discipline him cause the line's been drawn already. Anyways just my opinion, since I totally understand the "once the line is drawn" thing. Just remember, never waiver or he'll come near your stuff again.

I'd consider telling your mom that she owes you some money, or at least tell her that do it again, and you'd be willing to draw the line at the idea of family, cause once you're an adult you don't ever have to see them unless you want to.

<rolls eyes>