My Masterpiece Prime Destroyed

RoyalZarak

@grumpy@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@ AARRRRAGGHHHHH!!!

I'm going on a little rant here to blow some steam. Right now I am fuming at the sight of my 5 year old nephew destroying my SIGNED PETER CULLEN Masterpiece Optimus Prime which I hold dearly since Cybercon. He took it from my room with the help of my mom without asking me. The box is opened and destroyed and I lost my signed MP Prime. I went to his home and saw it with my eyes. The box is torned to pieces, masterpiece prime scratched, .........

UN-******* BELIEVEABLE!!! ARRRAGGGHHHHHH!!!

HE DESTROYED MY TRU OPTIMUS PRIME AND NOW THIS! I CAN'T TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE! I was fine when he destroyed my TRU PRIme because it didn't mean much to me but now my most treasured TF MP Prime is gone. I don't know what to do now except ..........

THAT ******* KID!!!! I'M GOING KILL HIM!!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man sorry to hear that. Put a lock and key on the door and forget about it. Forgive him hes only 5 and family always comes before Toys.

So Id forgive him but heres what Id do.Take pics of the butchered box and when hes older remind of him of his travesty. Maybe someday he will give you a present to make up for it.

THAT ******* KID!!!! I'M GOING KILL HIM!!!!

Just calm down, RM, it's alright. It's just a toy.

I know exactly how you feel because mine got destroyed (but stag! signed by Cullen!! @screamer@ ) before too and my 20th Prime too. Now I'm desperately trying to get one on eBay but the jerk-off is making escuses and isn't sending (well I think it's bs).

My recommendation: time to bill those parents/mom and have them teach the kid some respect (if possible).

Next step, get like a frikkin' armored, triple locked vault for this stuff, cuz, it does NOT deserve to be out in the open. I'm very sorry, I feel for ya. @screamer@

:) jke

I see this as an act of disrepect in it maximum expression. And I'm sorry to tell you this, but you shoulded have taken action when he first put his hands on your TRU Prime, this thing wouldnt havent happened in the first place. Its just dicipline. I could put the most enjoyable of my tf in the floor of my bedroom and NONE of the kids in my familiy would touch him because they know me, they know that there will be a hell to pay and the people around me suport me and also things that respect private properties is something we have to teach to the child first.

The problem is, how are you gonna get another one at the price you bought him if MP has skyrocket lately?

And I predict, when or if you are gonna charge anybody, those persons are gonna be cheap and are not paying whatever price you cahrege to them claiming the piece is not worth it, unless you have a receipt.

I dont know, just my 2 cents on this because I hate to read about little bratz and their parents with no respect for other's things

wow.. I'd so get a lock on my door! Hell, I'd move out if my parents acted like that ...

hmm... where have I read stuff similar to this happening before... :S

That blows. Grrr.....I seriously don't know what I would do. That's one perticular toy that shouldn't have been out in the open. Especially that it was signed by Peter Cullen. Grrr.....

Did you at least explain to your mom HOW important that toy was? I wouldn't let your Mom OR your nephew EVER forget how important that toy was to you. ANd don't let them forget that you'll never be able to get that toy, or it signed by Peter Cullen.

Sorry man... :S That sucks!

It will fall on deaf ears. The kid won't understand, and it's your mother's fault because she helped him get it.

Remember...paybacks are a b****. Break his favorite toy, and break one of your mom's most precious things.

And yes, I'm serious.

Eye for an eye. Use it.

I wouldn't do that.

Breaking someone else's property doesn't do anything to solve the matter. The heat you'd get in return will make whatever measly satisfaction worthless--and they will likely not "get it".

I think sitting down with both parties and explaining just what the item was, what it meant to you and why it was so valued can go a long way towards "fixing" things. The idea here is to make a big deal out of a "small" thing in such a way that it gives the guilty parties an out.

The kid wanted to play with the toy, the Mom was ambivilant about what the toy was and thought it valueless......the lesson to teach them is don't play with your stuff because it might have value.

Once they realize that its like playing with something really expensive then the lights will come on. A 5 year old will not understand value, but he WILL understand that its not good to go into your room for toys--The parents will cement this once they find out the charge.

The clincher is to ask for the replacement value at DOUBLE the worth of the piece. So, if it was $50, ask that you be reimbursed for $100. Do not tell them what it actually costs, just tell them, calmly, what its worth.

The idea is to make the whole thing painful for them but nudge them into replacing the thing.

If you need to, colaborate with on-line buds to "prove" that the signed, boxed item is worth "x" amount of $$$'s. Being able to show them appraisals of a high dollar amount can go a long way for shock-value.

The toy can still be had through a variety of means, but its likely going to cost more than just walking into a store.

This is the other thing to tell them.

At some point, unless kid and Mom are complete dullards or just indifferent, they should get the idea that the stuff you are buying for yourself is best left alone.

I had a similar incident once when I was at home, right when I was starting my collecting hobby. I had a much beloved and prized Corgi Batmobile and found a yery young guest to the house playing away with it. I bought the thing for $25, but that's beside the point--I didn't want it wrecked.

The kid made a fuss, I was called on the carpet and dressed down by my parents. Once I got my word in, I told them that it was a collectible with great sentimental and nostalgic value to me, and I paid over $100 for the thing they visibly choked. They don't understand the toy hobby, but they DO understand expensive things are not played with by small children.

You can't fix the item you actually lost, but it might go a ways to setting some heads straight.

Sorry it happened, its probably the worst case scenario in every collectors ( young or old) life.

Still, I understand the temptation to break something of their's in return....

I dont know how you can replace a MPOP signed by Peter Cullen. Once signed, its going to be next to impossible to get another like it.

I feel ya RM. I got a feeling your family will understandif ya tell them about it...unlike my in laws. BTW, Im sorry I couldnt talk to ya earlier. Too busy at work.

Man I really feel your pain, big time...I don't know what to tell you that would help. Sorry man. :(

That sucks but hey at least we have another transfan in the making who appreciates the better stuff ;)

Personally I don't have many toys that I would scream over if someone opened/destroyed them. I can always replace, but the signed thing.... that stinks.

Is Peter Cullen still alive? Maybe you can send him a letter explaining what happened and he can send a signed photo instead, that would be cool.

Wow, sorry about your prime. Don't be too hard on your 5 Year old Nephew...just explain to him that you are dissapointed in how he treated your toy and ask him to always speak with you before borrowing anything from you again. He wont really understand anything else. No point in yelling at him or anything as that wont do any good. He is family after all and that is the most important thing anyone has. :)

The main person at fault here as everyone has stated is your mother. You need to explain to her how important your stuff is to you and that she cant let someone borrow/take something of yours without asking you first.

I hope someday you can get another signed MP OP.

There could be another time for us to meet Peter Cullen. When that time occurs, get something SMALL for him to sign that WON'T get damaged(hopefully.) I had him sign a copy of DW #1 and my gf put it in a book since we couldn't get a bag and board. Did you notice that the people at the convention were limiting Peter Cullen from signing things and such? He seemed like he wanted to get more involved with all of us there.

Ok back. Well I'm a little cooled off now. From now on I'm not going to allow anyone to come into my room anymore. I lost my TRU MIB Optimus Prime, Masterpiece signed MP, couple of Gundam Figures, and some minicons. This little SOB costed me something that I can never ever replace.

I know I can't freaking blame my little nephew for this, it all goes to my mother since she could of said NO but being a sweet grandmother that she is she had no choice. So I had to suffer because of this garbage. The funny thing is he has a whole load of toys at his place but he had to take mine.

I am not going to hurt my nephew over something like this. But it does hurt me as an uncle because he has lost my trust. I'm not going to be his uncle anymore. I'm thru. If he comes anywhere near my room I'm going to whip him with my leatherbelt. He will be disciplined one way or another. Also talking to my parents is pointless since we're asian and their minds are still in the 1950s-60s. To them a toy is a toy which is JUNK.

Well, a five year old simply doesn't have the emotional or intellectual tools to understand fully, but your mom does.

She had a choice, and she made it without fully understanding.

I'd put the onus on her, as she was the one that gave permission to take the item. The kid doesn't know much from want.