Battlefront 2 Demo

JoeRhyno

I got my OXM magazine a week or so ago, but I was kinda out of it, so now that I'm finally back to normal, I decided to rip it open and a nice little surprise...

A PLAYABLE BATTLEFRONT 2 DEMO!!!!

2 levels, one "space battle" and one "regular battle"

So far it's awesoem, I haven't had a chance to play it too much... but I got to use Obi-wan once so far... I think when you get a certain amount of kills, he's unlocked and then you get to go hackin' up them droids... though, I was hoping there was a little more to the Jedi's... seemed like I got shot up pretty easily, but like I said... only got to use him once.

I do like the added Clones... pretty cool, a lot more options, but like the original, I seemed to stick with the normal infantry clone... and the "clone commander" they had for the level was Bacara's red "grunt" so I really hope they go in, and make the Commanders more in tune with the actual Commanders in EP3... anyway... I only played the space battle once too.. it was hard to get used to, and I kept dying, lol... but I'll give it a go tomorrow, anyone else kicking droid butt???

I'm pretty sure it's the "nov" issue... cause I had a disc problem on the oct issue and that came right before that one, it has Perfect Dark on the cover and is a huge-ass magazine(thickness-wise)... on sunday, I was at a grocery store... they still had the "oct" issue, maybe this tuesday it'll be up(um.. today??) lol...

-Joe

Well I picked it up...and was a little let down. Not by the game, but with how Lucasarts and OXM organized these demos.

First both Demos are timed...instead of just an example Mission or one level like almost every other Demo I've ever played. The Length of time they give you also makes these Demo almost unplayable. The Ground mission is a little better at 7 mins, you can do a lot in that time, but you'll never be able to finish the mission they set out. Playing Obi-Wan is a cool, however

The real kick in the nuts is the Space "Teaser" . They only give you 3 mins and it takes you at least half a min to fly from your ship to the Seperatist crusier. It's just a huge world that you could explore and you never have the time to just look around, which is what makes it suck so bad.....

The last thing I'm going to #$## about is when your timed missions are over instead of taking you back out to the games main menu (something that ever other single game on the whole disk does.) it kicks you all the way out to the Demo disk menu. So you have to go back in and re-enter the game and reload everything to play the mission again. It's a real headache.

Anyways I have no compliants about the actual game, it's really good and Nov can't come soon enough.

I got my OXM magazine a week or so ago, but I was kinda out of it, so now that I'm finally back to normal, I decided to rip it open and a nice little surprise...

A PLAYABLE BATTLEFRONT 2 DEMO!!!!

2 levels, one "space battle" and one "regular battle"

So far it's awesoem, I haven't had a chance to play it too much... but I got to use Obi-wan once so far... I think when you get a certain amount of kills, he's unlocked and then you get to go hackin' up them droids... though, I was hoping there was a little more to the Jedi's... seemed like I got shot up pretty easily, but like I said... only got to use him once.

I do like the added Clones... pretty cool, a lot more options, but like the original, I seemed to stick with the normal infantry clone... and the "clone commander" they had for the level was Bacara's red "grunt" so I really hope they go in, and make the Commanders more in tune with the actual Commanders in EP3... anyway... I only played the space battle once too.. it was hard to get used to, and I kept dying, lol... but I'll give it a go tomorrow, anyone else kicking droid butt???

WTF is OXM?

a new men's magazine?

is it just me or did the game seem really choppy with slowdown at some points? I hope I just got a bad disk or something.

By the way Kenny, OXM = Official X-Box Magazine

Mod edit: merged thread

I got mine OPM in the mail today and it had the demo of SW Battlefront II, man from that I'm playing the game is much better then ever. Yes you get to played as the Jedi on this demo and it Obi-Wan.

Edited by Bespin refugee

I wonder if they will have a battle front II figure like they had with the first battle front?

Has anyone seen a store offering a figure for Battlefront II like they did with the first one? I want to preorde, but I don't want to miss out on an exclusive figure.

My two questions;

1- Can you fire your weopon will jumping?

2- Can you do a malee attack?

No on 2 and No on 1 I think. I'll have to go try and see.

No Melee attack is one of the things that bothers me about this game.