Ikea

synch

what about these Ikea cases:

bertbycase.jpg

I love these things and I wanna get them for my SW figs. They're made for CDs, DVDs, but the glass shelves are adjustable... I think Mike from BountyHuntertoys.com has them, he posted a pic awhile back and they looked awesome! They're called Bertby cases ;)

I saw them last month, & nah, didn't like that one...

The nice one is that $59.00 one, but you also have to buy the light fixture which is another $9.99..(dont' forget synch).

bertbycase.jpg

I love these things and I wanna get them for my SW figs.  They're made for CDs, DVDs, but the glass shelves are adjustable... I think Mike from BountyHuntertoys.com has them, he posted a pic awhile back and they looked awesome!  They're called Bertby cases ;)

The nice one is that $59.00 one, but you also have to buy the light fixture which is another $9.99..(dont' forget synch).

I wouldn't buy th Bertby either. It's a nice case, asthetically speaking, but it's been on quality control off and on for months now. The shelves don't support a whole lot of weight either so I'd be careful how much you put on them.

As for Billy bc shelves, they hold a great deal of weight. If I could I'd take a picture of mine so show. But to give you an idea, my parents have an entire wall in their living room of Billy bookcases and they're filled with books of all types and they've never had to buy new shevles. And these bc's are like 15-20 years old. It's a quality bookcase that's NEVER been a problem for IKEA. Best damn bookcase period.

bertbycase.jpg

I love these things and I wanna get them for my SW figs.  They're made for CDs, DVDs, but the glass shelves are adjustable... I think Mike from BountyHuntertoys.com has them, he posted a pic awhile back and they looked awesome!  They're called Bertby cases ;)

don't forget what?..

Isn't that optional?.. buying a light for the shelfs = pointless imo since it would wreck the stuff

bertbycase.jpg

don't forget what?..

Isn't that optional?.. buying a light for the shelfs = pointless imo since it would wreck the stuff

Not just the light.... a light fixture, round in diameter about 3 inches.

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend I hit Ikea in Frisco, Tx & bought the glass cabinet for some of my figs....

Check it out(don't mind the mess):

P0000305.jpgP0000306.jpg

I can safely say that unicron will not fit on the shelf ... at least misb ... & even loose I wouldn't think is a good idea cause the shelfs can't hold alot

I liked the look of these because each shelf looked to be about a square foot. I was just wandering if I could put my loose G1's in there. Since Unicron ( I know he's armada, but he's G1 to me ) is the largest, I wanted to know if he would fit. You don't think they'll hold enough weight to put my collection in? I was gonna get two, one for the bots and one for the cons. 4 shelves to fit in 3 seasons worth of bots.

I liked the look of these because each shelf looked to be about a square foot. I was just wandering if I could put my loose G1's in there. Since Unicron ( I know he's armada, but he's G1 to me ) is the largest, I wanted to know if he would fit. You don't think they'll hold enough weight to put my collection in? I was gonna get two, one for the bots and one for the cons. 4 shelves to fit in 3 seasons worth of bots.

Dude they are tiny , but you can get a bit but not a lot on them after all theres only 3 shelfs there ... you would need about 10 of em for all of g1 HEH :S

To tell you the truth..synchy poo, NO, I aint gonna fill it up with Takara Reissues cuase I have them displayed TIGHT in my closet & it took me 2 hrs to get the way they are now... other than that, I would.

If you can see in the pictures, I have Scorponok, Nemesis Prime, & Beast Wars Neo Leo Convoy in one shelf... that's all that fit in there. On the last shelf I have tightly the 3 train bots from RID MISB & Omega Supreme, the Sams Exclusive Starscream & Red Alert, & Landmine... inside TIGHT.

So you guys kind of have an idea how it would fit.

My son does have an Armada Unicron loose, so I can check that for you guys if he fits... BUt I know an MISb one wont' fit...

I bought the light seperate, it's the 3 pack one, $19.99, they didn't have singles, but it still worked out okay :)

Shelfs? Dude, it's shelves!

And I have a crapload of shelves! I have as many shelves as I do collectibles. Okay, perhaps not as many but I do have a lot.

*this post was brought to you by the product SPAM (ham in a can)*

Well, I wasn't asking about a MISB Unicron :P. He's in a box, why would he need protection? That's what I want one for is to display my loose stuff.

OB1, can you take some measurements of each shelf? I'd like to know the usable space. Width, depth, and height.. Thanks man.

It's 15 1/2 L x 13 w x 15 1/2 H

If anyone has a JYSK store in their area, you can get a glass case similar to Ikeas but are 1 1/2 times the width! We have a few of the stores here in Winnipeg Canada and they run for CA$149 each. I picked up 2 of them and they fit my entire loose G1 collection up to about 1987/88

JYSK Canadian Website

My local Big Lots has a case that is twice as wide ( 30 inches ), almost as deep ( 12 inches ), and two shelves taller ( 70 inches total ). Best part, it's only $199.99. That's less than I'd pay for 2 Ikea shelves ( with shipping, no store local ) and it'll hold more TF's. As soon as my ebay auction winners send me the funds, I'm gonna go buy one.

$199.99. That's less than I'd pay for 2 Ikea shelves ( with shipping, no store local ) and it'll hold more TF's. As soon as my ebay auction winners send me the funds, I'm gonna go buy one.

I only paid $50 for mine... how can 2 be more than $199.00?

@smilepunch@

$199.99. That's less than I'd pay for 2 Ikea shelves ( with shipping, no store local ) and it'll hold more TF's. As soon as my ebay auction winners send me the funds, I'm gonna go buy one.

I only paid $50 for mine... how can 2 be more than $199.00?

@smilepunch@

I don't have an ikea store within any distance shorter than a plane trip. I can't go in and buy one off the shelf. I have to order it from thier site ( $89.99 ) and pay shipping on top of that. Not to mention, if the glass gets broken on the way here, it'd be pain to get it replaced or fixed...... @smilepunch@

If anyone has a JYSK store in their area, you can get a glass case similar to Ikeas but are 1 1/2 times the width! We have a few of the stores here in Winnipeg Canada and they run for CA$149 each. I picked up 2 of them and they fit my entire loose G1 collection up to about 1987/88

JYSK Canadian Website

thats a rip when the ikea ones are $79 @can@ :) hmm thank you for that store though, I was unaware of them, they look like some kinda ikea rip off store though :S