How Extreme Are You?

Rodimus Primal

Do you collect ALL the toys that come out in a Transformers line, or do you only collect what you like?

My personal preference is only to collect what actually shows up in the cartoon show. I refuse to get it otherwise unless I already have done so. I pretty much learned my lesson after RiD since I completed that line.

I only get what I like, with a very very rare occasion I'll get something to fill in a set (Dinobots, Autobot cars, etc).

I never collect everything from a toy line, that gets expensive and boring fast, especially when I am loading up on stuff I really don't care for.

I only collect G1 and am trying to get as much as possible (some figures are out of reach financial-wise though, like Fortress Maximus). There are exceptions to that rule: for example I don't need Wheelie :D

Other than G1, I sometimes buy toys from other lines. I got Fire Convoy from Carrobots, RM Starscream and i got RM G1 Convoy on the way.

I love Galaxy Force, but am weary of buying the toys cuz of lack of shelvespace and funds :D

Mostly what I like.

The main problem is the repaint syndrome. On one hand I like that Landmine and Landquake, for example, are two different characters using the same mold, but they could have done something to Landquake beyond just a simple repaint (like they did with most of G1). As it stands I would have preferred to get Quickstrike instead of Bulkhead, for example and, now I can't even find Quickstrike for less than $35.

Although, for Energon, I did pick up doubles of most of them. I thought two Inferno powerlinked or two Ironhides powerlinked (or whomever else) looked pretty cool.

There are exceptions to that rule: for example I don't need Wheelie :D

Oh hush. Everyone needs Wheelie.

I've found that actually I've stopped buying TFs except for G1 and Binaltech, because I'm not that bothered about Cybertron at all.

Of course, I may change my tune once we start seeing them out here properly!!

Previously, I've only gotten what I like.

Unfortunately, since I like EVERYTHING in Cybertron, I've gotten "Gotta-catch-em-all" fever. @loll@

$162 to go on my current layaway.. then I'll have all of wave 1 but a couple basics I need to snag at TRU. :D

me too!!!

I'm only collecting Cybertron right now, but I plan to get everything with the name Cybertron slapped on it :) even all the exclusives

none of the japanese stuff though, that's all galaxy force stuff and doesn't count ;)

On original figures I'll probably get most if not all of them if I can. I don't go for that "I only get what I like" thing, because often times I'll get a figure I wasn't all that crazy about by the pictures and I'll turn out to really like it. On the flipside of that, there have been plenty of figures that I really liked when I first saw them that I was kind of so-so about once I did get them. So basically I like to give them all a chance, cuz you just never know!

Repaints are totally different. I really don't own all that many repaints and if I do get a repaint then I have to like it just as much, if not more, than the original. But even if I really do like a repaint, I usually won't go that far out of the way to get them. If I can, fine, but if not I won't lose any sleep over it. The only real exceptions are E-Ultra Magnus and Quickstrike...I HAD to get those!

I get what I can afford lol.

RIght now I only get what I like, how ever I LIKE A LOT!! :P So I try to trim it down to my fave type stuff, which I usualy judge by color & what I think looks good in general...

& I tend to get most of the BT's, reissues, & exclusive tf stuff that I can, even if I don't really like like them ... I'll only skip stuff from those lines if I think it looks REALLLY ugly :P Or I am low on cash & need to be more selective...

I only collect show characters. I sometimes go Extreme because show accuracy plays a big part in my collections, so I often pay higher prices for imports because they are more show accurate(Armada Tidal Wave,ect..). Extreme at times because I buy every character on the show regardless of how little screentime or sucky toys they have. I have evry show character in every line from RID to now.